[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
SUNRA3000 написал:
Hi Everyone,

I'm just a casual POE player in the process of re-speccing from a Skelly Necro to this build, everything is going well so far following the no Cluster POB and having an almost BIS Bow it was not so expensive. (around 12 EX no 21/awakaned gems)

I just wanted to confirm something with you I'm having a terrible time maxing out any resistances with 2 magic rings, being the most worrying chaos resistance.

But then I saw on the POB for 3.15 that none of the trees have capped resistances, being chaos around 30%.

Does this mean it's ok to run without capped resistances? Is there some mod or defense layer I'm missing?

I do have Arakaali and Shakari and plan to put Aspect on gloves but still all the build guides I followed in the last 3 years say it's oh so important to be capped.

Please shed a light on this casual, thank you in advance!

You always need to cap elemental resists and close to capped Chaos DoT res (25% comes from upgraded Arakaali)

Most of the resists should come from Quiver, Belt and Gloves. I'm not paying close attention to the resists in POB, since gear can vary a lot.

Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Последняя редакция: f4ward. Время: 17 авг. 2021 г., 12:54:12
I have all resistances capped on my character here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Inkaflare/characters/PurplePopcornWalker

I am using Divine Flesh so capped Chaos resist is a must. It took getting some resists on jewels, and I don't have optimum gear yet to be able to drop the Inertia jewel (it's doable but I'll need a better belt or 2 Implicit synthesized rings), since rings need to cover resists there is no space for strength.
You could also drop Atziri's step for influenced boots with life + resists + movement speed + spell dodge (slightly lower value than Atziri's), this will make getting your resists capped significantly easier as well but it's obviously more expensive too.
I definitely recommend getting your Chaos resist capped, though. It's both to reduce the self degen from Death's Oath and for generally being able to shrug off Chaos damage from enemies more easily. Poisons are especially deadly this patch.
"
f4ward написал:

You always need to cap elemental resists and close to capped Chaos DoT res (25% comes from upgraded Arakaali)

Most of the resists should come from Quiver, Belt and Gloves. I'm not paying close attention to the resists in POB, since gear can vary a lot.

Thank you for the clarification I fixed my resists and I am already mapping T14 without problems, your build is awesome!

"
Inkaflare написал:
I have all resistances capped on my character here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Inkaflare/characters/PurplePopcornWalker

I am using Divine Flesh so capped Chaos resist is a must. It took getting some resists on jewels, and I don't have optimum gear yet to be able to drop the Inertia jewel (it's doable but I'll need a better belt or 2 Implicit synthesized rings), since rings need to cover resists there is no space for strength.
You could also drop Atziri's step for influenced boots with life + resists + movement speed + spell dodge (slightly lower value than Atziri's), this will make getting your resists capped significantly easier as well but it's obviously more expensive too.
I definitely recommend getting your Chaos resist capped, though. It's both to reduce the self degen from Death's Oath and for generally being able to shrug off Chaos damage from enemies more easily. Poisons are especially deadly this patch.

Thank you for sharing your build it showed me that it was indeed possible to cap everything :) I didn't want to drop Atziri's nor my 2 magic rings so I changed Gloves and Quiver, I do a bit less damage but have my resists capped.

You are totally right on the strength requirements, we are so tight on everything already I don't see how we will be able to drop Inertia but then again Watcher Eye is so expensive if we drop it and go dual cluster setup we have lots of jewel slots.

Thanks again!
"
f4ward написал:
"
Amir_Ban написал:
The one without Cluster Jewel is good but damage to the bosses are bad,

The one with one Cluster is fine, damage to the bosses are fine but your character will pop out of nowhere, you die alot. the bow doesn't even exist on the trade this is how bad things are this league.

The one with Two Cluster is so expensive that is not buildable. but i guess it kills you even more since monsters have speed of light and attack speed of gods.

Guess it's not the problem with the build but how pathetic the state of the game is right now. expensive/useless.

Edit: Threw aways that usless Aspect of the Spider gloves and got one with better evasion and cap resistances, Threw aways Flesh and Stone since it does nothing and most of the deaths happens two screens aways even after patch. Got Grace/Dispare/Malevolence setup instead of F&S and Spider. can survive alot more.

The bows are abundant (and were there since the end of the first week) or can be easily crafted

Single cluster, if you look at the perfect cluster, is even more expensive that dual cluster (medium with Flow of life+Brush with death is 7-8ex)
With dual cluster you can mix and match Flow and Brush with different notables and get it significantly much cheaper.
You also get more regular jewel sockets and can use life+res to help cap res, or whatever else you need.

You have 4.3k life and only a single Brush with death, so your recovery is limited, and no wonder you complain about lots of deaths.

Flesh and stone gives you 11% less damage taken from enemies not nearby (including off-screen) and huge avoidance bonus when they are near you.
Spider is both offensive and defensive and has lower reservation than other auras, so you can fit 4 aura.
But, whatever works for you.

You didn't go for Forbidden Taste, which is the best survivability upgrade this league

This build got hit very mildly this league, and frankly can still do anything it could previously. There is nothing sad about the state of the game ;)

To be honest i was stuck at lvl90 with 0way to go up, Grace alone gave me the defence i needed, it works like magic 13k evasion with auto flask. now i don't die specially to range which was my main complaint.

Will upgrade the flask, clusters are out of my league with this pathetic drops, guess i have to save for the watcher's eye, 9ex. but i don't have problem with damage, it can do all T16s with some bad mods just fine, no final bosses tho (some bullshit bosses like the one in precinct are still a problem, speed of light, attack speed of ligh, two screen away range and their buff with Maven's sex noises).
I've a level 97 Occulist, that I'm not using currently. Thinking of making this my mapper alt.

Currently have around 30 ex to spend, do you guys think it's possible to build this char with amount of currency?

Edit: Got the helmet on my FR char.
Последняя редакция: Protax010. Время: 18 авг. 2021 г., 7:16:02
I am by NO mean an expert, just hit 86 on this char and he has already replaced my level 90 SST char as my go-to. I'm about to hopefully fight my first sirus as soon as I get enough maps! I still have a lot of room to upgrade and im already basically running through tier 14's... I probably have 5ex invested? with 20 I imagine you could make this char a monster.

"
Protax010 написал:
I've a level 97 Occulist, that I'm not using currently. Thinking of making this my mapper alt.

Currently have around 30 ex to spend, do you guys think it's possible to build this char with amount of currency?

Changed from Necromancer Skelly Mages to this build with 15 Ex, had to skip awakened gems, level 21 gems, empower/enlighten 4 and Clusters > still very good T16 mapper but bosses are a pain.

I reckon that with 30 Ex if you are really careful with what items make a difference in damage you can make your character also a decent bosser but you won't achieve everything that is on the POB.
Последняя редакция: SUNRA3000. Время: 18 авг. 2021 г., 12:55:43
"
SUNRA3000 написал:
"
Protax010 написал:

Changed from Necromancer Skelly Mages to this build with 15 Ex, had to skip awakened gems, level 21 gems, empower and enlighten 4, clusters > still very good T16 mapper but bosses are a pain.

I reckon that with 30 Ex if you are really careful with what items make a difference in damage you can make your character also a decent bosser but you won't achieve everything that is on the POB.

A bit more than 30ex but yeah, It's now my main build this league. just got the bow which was 10ex. when you switch to cluster your boss damage will get alot better, even as incomplete as my cluster setup ~25c to ~40c. because the ones in the PoB are really expensive. normal T16 bosses were like 6 bow hit (with cluster - painful without them) now they are 3 (new bow) and they are done. you can feel how it grows, it's expensive in mid tier but it's fast and a good bosser.

Again, Thanks for the build and the help in comment section. i was going to quit this league, this build with some investments saved me.
Последняя редакция: Amir_Ban. Время: 18 авг. 2021 г., 12:40:27
I have a question on Aura's and mana managment. With the mana changes my CA costs 51 mana, I have 153 unreserved but the Regen is really low.

I'm curious on opinions for the last aura. I'm using heretics veil with dispair and enfeeble, Mal+lvl3 enlighten, spider. Do you think F&S is substantially better than enfeeble?

Also what level would you recommend for 2nd cluster setup? I'm 94, but not sure it's worth it till 97.
Is it any worth using bottled faith with this build?
Последняя редакция: Freakap. Время: 18 авг. 2021 г., 15:53:13

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация