[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
KyuubiNoKurama написал:
Hey, do you plan on updating the build around 3.14? I'm sure either way it will be more or less what it is, but it's always better with insight of the creator around :) Might be more or less options or paths to go around, who knows :)

Of course!
I'm waiting for patch notes and POB updates to see how it fares and if there is a need for update :)
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Innocence, give me patience then :) Looked into that build a lot as it merges 2 things i wanted to play, not sure yet if I'll go straight into this or build some cheap ass miner first to skip some less exciting parts :D
For new patch update 3.14, nerf self-curser and DoT on quiver only apply attack skill.
This build is still alive, is it?
As far as Manifesto goes, its not a huge hit.
We are going to loose is around 10% (depends on gear) Death Aura DPS from Quiver, but CA should still get the DoT Multi.

Another problem is Flesh and Stone reservation rising to 35%, but we should be able to counter that.

Let's wait for patch notes

Update:
Just got an idea...

We might be able to switch Arcane Surge with the new Lifetap support (it has Duration tag and can support Any skill), which will:
1. Make it easier to get sockets
2. Use another skill to get Lifetap buff for another More multiplier

Need to test it though, but our Death Aura DPS just might get even better
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Последняя редакция: f4ward. Время: 13 апр. 2021 г., 14:10:02
Patch just dropped and:

"
The Death Aura skill granted by the Death's Oath unique Body Armour now deals 758 Base Chaos Damage per second (previously 563).

That's a little over 34% increase on base damage. That should more than make up for the lost DoT multiplier from the quiver. Even without using Lifetap, I think we're ahead on damage, yeah?
All of the changes that affect us in one place:

Quivers can no longer roll the "Global Critical Strike Chance", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" or "Global Damage over Time Multiplier" modifiers. Instead, they can now roll "Critical Strike Chance with Bows", "Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows" and "Damage over Time Multiplier with Attacks" modifiers. Existing items cannot obtain the newer modifiers through Divine Orbs.
Hunter-influenced Quivers can no longer roll the Global Physical, Fire or Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier modifiers. Instead, they can now roll Physical, Fire or Chaos Damage over Time with Attack Skills modifiers. Existing items will be updated to the newer versions.
(As noted previously, about 10% less DPS)

The Cluster Jewel notable Wicked Pall now grants 30% increased Chaos Damage (previously 35%) and 5% increased Skill Effect Duration (previously 10%).
(Very minor nerf)

(Crafted Veiled mods)
+31-35% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (previously +36-40%)
(Very minor nerf)

The Death Aura skill granted by the Death's Oath unique Body Armour now deals 758 Base Chaos Damage per second (previously 563).
(35% Base damage increase. That makes up for all nerfs, and then some)

So we will have, I estimate, about 20-25% more DPS with Death Aura, which is a decent buff even without Lifetap :)
Последняя редакция: f4ward. Время: 14 апр. 2021 г., 2:16:52
We still consider changing into life tap tho? :) I really hope that works as it's quite costly to get 2G4B, just slapping last recipe for 6 socket is almost guaranteed success if the lifetap will work :)
"
KyuubiNoKurama написал:
We still consider changing into life tap tho? :) I really hope that works as it's quite costly to get 2G4B, just slapping last recipe for 6 socket is almost guaranteed success if the lifetap will work :)

Assuming Lifetap works the way I expect, its definitely worth taking over Arcane Surge, even if just for the socket color.

And from there, I will see how can we utilize it for more damage
"
f4ward написал:
"
KyuubiNoKurama написал:

Assuming Lifetap works the way I expect, its definitely worth taking over Arcane Surge, even if just for the socket color.

So how does this work?
You support DO with Lifetap to get the duration component, AND support yet another skill with a second LT to actuallly achieve lifetap?
"
wasted_46 написал:
"
f4ward написал:
"
KyuubiNoKurama написал:

So how does this work?
You support DO with Lifetap to get the duration component, AND support yet another skill with a second LT to actually achieve lifetap?

Exactly

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация