[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
eliahmello написал:
Ok i have a question:

Is it just me or the skelleton mages are NOT spell echo'ing?

My mage skellies are just casting once. The summon spell is happening twice (i'm summuning 4 skellies per cast) but that's just it. Can anyone confirm?

And in the case spell echo is not working on skellies anymore, what would be better to use?

Yea, I notice the mage skele only cast once.
Why do you need Triad Grips if you're using skeleton mages or is that only needed for melee?

edit NVM for the zombies i see
Последняя редакция: Loryk. Время: 17 янв. 2021 г., 21:47:15
"
maxineji написал:

I've tested this by taking out spell echo, in the hopes that I could swap in phantasms, but they seem to cast less. I'm not entirely sure about that, but spell echo looks like it's doing something.
Последняя редакция: GERWARIC. Время: 17 янв. 2021 г., 21:35:53
"
GERWARIC написал:
"
maxineji написал:

I've tested this by taking out spell echo, in the hopes that I could swap in phantasms, but they seem to cast less. I'm not entirely sure about that, but spell echo looks like it's doing something.

Because spell echo has cast speed.
"
maxineji написал:
"
GERWARIC написал:
"
maxineji написал:

Because spell echo has cast speed.

But then do you get the less damage % penalty for the more cast speed bonus? because that would not be worth i think
"
eliahmello написал:
But then do you get the less damage % penalty for the more cast speed bonus? because that would not be worth i think

From a pure dps perspective, it depends on the other parts of the calculation--and don't forget that quality adds "increased spell damage", which complicates the math and partially offsets the less damage term. Too bad POB doesn't know how to apply spell echo to skeleton mages.

From a qol perspective, I prefer the feel of the spell echo support. Heck, I'm playing around with Haste+Generosity (in addition to anger) just for even faster casting on the mages.
Последняя редакция: GERWARIC. Время: 17 янв. 2021 г., 23:20:07
"
malboro_urchin написал:
Thanks for the reply!

One quick question, why do you use Anger instead of Hatred? Wouldn't Hatred provide better damage, since it scales based on % physical damage? Is it a matter of socket availability?

That would work if you are using Melee Skels, but i wanted the build to transition easily to Skel Mages, and the mages do no physical damage, pure elemental.
"
eliahmello написал:
Ok i have a question:

Is it just me or the skelleton mages are NOT spell echo'ing?

My mage skellies are just casting once. The summon spell is happening twice (i'm summuning 4 skellies per cast) but that's just it. Can anyone confirm?

And in the case spell echo is not working on skellies anymore, what would be better to use?

I am pretty sure they get the "more cast speed" so its good for them.
Thoughts on using Zealotry rather than Anger? Shows a big DPS boost in path of building. Blue gem, so might need to swap glove and boot gems so keep the EE. Not sure the gloves are worth using if going skelly mages - mages aren't impacted and it seems they do 99% of the work.
Последняя редакция: Voopvoop. Время: 18 янв. 2021 г., 0:45:32
"
GERWARIC написал:
"
eliahmello написал:

From a pure dps perspective, it depends on the other parts of the calculation--and don't forget that quality adds "increased spell damage", which complicates the math and partially offsets the less damage term. Too bad POB doesn't know how to apply spell echo to skeleton mages.

From a qol perspective, I prefer the feel of the spell echo support. Heck, I'm playing around with Haste+Generosity (in addition to anger) just for even faster casting on the mages.

wouldnt this reserve 100% of ur mana?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация