Серверы PC будут перезагружены через:
Работа будет восстановлена примерно через .

Forbidden Rite 89% Chaos Resistance

Update: please read a few comments before posting. I cannot update the pob until I'm back home on Friday and have now learned that divine flesh makes all forms of es essentially useless, even when used with MoM and EB

Hi Everyone, I'm planning to use Forbidden Rite in the upcoming league and have quickly put together an assortment of items and passives that help mitigate the self imposed chaos damage taken upon using the skill.

https://pastebin.com/PwExmrER

This build has 89% chaos resistance, so taking chaos damage is not much of an issue. You can probably get it even higher with more hunter influenced items but I figured this is a good baseline to tinker around with. You can swap the belt and use the abyss jewels to get added chaos damage to your spells, but that's up to you.

Some people are talking about going chaos innoculation, which is good if you can scale up a huge amount of energy shield. The skill scales on both your total pool of ES and Health so I'm scaling both ES and Health in this POB.

Let me know if you have any suggested items or whatnot. This is not a finished build, just a starting point to help show some of the things that can work together with this skill.

Here are some of the things that are in this build:

Max Chaos resistance:
Glorious Vanity Jewel for Divine Flesh Passive (+5% max chaos resistance, 50% elemental damage taken as chaos, all damage bypasses energy shield)
2x born of chaos cluster jewels (+3% max chaos res each)
Hunter influenced shield for +3% max chaos resistance

More defensive layers
Replica soul tether for corrupted soul (gain 15% of maximum life as energy shield)
Mind over matter (helps spread damage out a bit)
Devouring Diadrem (not sure if this works as I intend it to, but the idea is for it to work in combination with mind over matter to allow you to fully reserve the entire mana orb and then use your energy shield to take some of the damage that mind over matter would absorb into the mana pool)

More clearspeed
Obliteration Wand for monster chaos explosions
Unspeakable gifts large cluster jewel (more monster chaos explosions on death)
Increases to AOE to improve clearspeed and improve chain explosions on enemy death.

Biggest thing I'm concerned about is the lack of physical damage reduction on this build. Again, let me know if you have any suggestions.
Последняя редакция: Boozbaz. Время: 19 июля 2021 г., 11:14:57
Last bumped24 июля 2021 г., 13:43:00
Looks pretty good.

I'll be going for the same build.

Here is a good video to watch also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSOfhJak5w&ab_channel=sirgog

I'll be playing this as Occultist for the 60% res, I think I might also use Presence of Chayula but not 100% sure as a +1 chaos +1 all level and chaos life leech amulet might be better. I think the life leech could be OP.

I think we might even have enough space to go ailment immunity but I have a feeling this will be nerfed.

For physical reduction I'll probably General Cry, Vigilant strike for fortify and Enduring Cry for a quick heal and some endurance charges.
Presence of chayula looks like a good ammy for this build, I was thinking of using energized armour jewel to convert some of the es nodes to armour instead.

Some ppl are talking about using totems and getting the totems up to about 13k+ life. Others are talking about using ivory tower and stacking a huge mana pool, plus the cluster jewel passive that scales chaos damage based on total mana.

Lots of neat ideas. I'm beginning to wonder if the totems setup will be better than self cast.

Void battery might be a better want to use with this setup too.
Последняя редакция: Boozbaz. Время: 18 июля 2021 г., 11:44:54
"
Boozbaz написал:
Presence of chayula looks like a good ammy for this build, I was thinking of using energized armour jewel to convert some of the es nodes to armour instead.

Some ppl are talking about using totems and getting the totems up to about 13k+ life. Others are talking about using ivory tower and stacking a huge mana pool, plus the cluster jewel passive that scales chaos damage based on total mana.

Lots of neat ideas. I'm beginning to wonder if the totems setup will be better than self cast.

Void battery might be a better want to use with this setup too.

Both are great ways to build it but not a playstyle I am interested in.

I think I need more layers of defense though.
"
Boozbaz написал:

This build has 89% chaos resistance, so taking chaos damage is not much of an issue. You can probably get it even higher with more hunter influenced items but I figured this is a good baseline to tinker around with. You can swap the belt and use the abyss jewels to get added chaos damage to your spells, but that's up to you.

Max Chaos resistance:
Glorious Vanity Jewel for Divine Flesh Passive (+5% max chaos resistance, 50% elemental damage taken as chaos, all damage bypasses energy shield)
2x born of chaos cluster jewels (+3% max chaos res each)
Hunter influenced shield for +3% max chaos resistance

Even if you have 89% chaos resistance, you are still gonna take at least 300 (after mitigation) chaos dmg per cast if you have around 7k of life + ES. Luckly with the gem lvl 20 might lower the amount of dmg you take per cast, but still, I dont think the dmg will be lower than 150, for that amount of life pool. But the biggest problem of your build, is divine flesh, since with that ALL DAMAGE bypass ES. This is not a problem for a build that doesnt scale ES, but when you scale both life and ES, this keystone, basically kill all you dmg mitigation. You are planning what? 3-4k of life and 3-4k of ES? normally this much of ES and life would leave you with a 8k life pool, but with divine flesh, all dmg bypass ES, meaning ES is useless, so your life pool would be 4k life only, with no further mitigation besides high resistance.
Also you got a lot of energy shield leech, but your energy shield doesnt do anything besides scale your dmg, so whats the point of these points for you?
Corrupted soul is another problem for this skill, since you are only increasing the dmg of the skill and the dmg you are gonna take, becuase the dmg will bypass the ES, since it's chaos dmg, but also, part of the non-chaos dmg will also bypass it (even without divine flesh).
The last point that I can see here, is that you dont have any way of mantain your life, since all the leech you have is energy shield leech, and you also have no life regen.

I also had all these ideas for this build that you had, but these are the problems that I could think of with this build configuration. I understand the ideia, but dont use divine flesh if you are planning in scale ES.
Последняя редакция: EsqueletoㆍAvulso. Время: 18 июля 2021 г., 14:31:50
I think the best way to mitigate the dmg you deal to yourself, is by playing MIND OVER MATTER + AGNOSTIC, that way you can sustain your life, but the problem with that is that you are not gonna have ES, and your life will probably be low, around 3-4k life, so you wont be able to scale to much dmg with life or ES....
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about scaling too much es. I also think I might be scaling too much mana in the pob. I know for sure this build is low on phys defense so I think converting es nodes to armour might be a good solution, don't need that much es with the way this build is set up. It's difficult to scale life with witch but might be worth pathing down into the life cluster to try to crank up the hp.
Последняя редакция: Boozbaz. Время: 18 июля 2021 г., 16:10:47
i dont really get why you want to scale ES at all? hybrid is mediocre imho. so youre either going the "save" route with CI but lack damage or go full life as it scales best for damage, but the regen and leech is also not really satisfying then.
I played around with occultist for a few hours in PoB and never got a result that i was somewhat satisfied with. Since its super hard to work a solid phys mitigation into the build, even more so with the upcoming flask nerfs.

Pretty sure totems is the play here unless you plan with super highend end of league gear.
The goal was a 70/30 split between life and es, with eb and MoM; however, I've learned recently that divine flesh will indeed invalidate es even when it's used in that combo. So if you go divine flesh, might as well just not use es at all. Which is not efficient for witch. Might be better off using another class if going divine flesh. Divinr flesh can combo with incandescent heart, that's 75% elemental damage converted to chaos, with 89% chaos res that's approximately 40% less elemental damage taken. Pretty solid. But only if you can scale enough life.

I'm pivoting away from divine flesh and like many others, putting more consideration towards totems. I disagree with you that scaling hybrid life/es is bad, it's probably quite good as the skill was clearly designed with that in mind. The video showcased someone using hybrid life+es with Shavronnes wrappings and low life with their life reserved. That's probably a solid option. Lots of options really. I'm still collecting ideas from the community and unfortunately, I'm unable to update or play around in POB due to work until I'm back home on launch day.
Последняя редакция: Boozbaz. Время: 19 июля 2021 г., 11:17:02
The skill does look interesting. Some of my thoughts:

- going CI seems the easy route. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get de life version/hybrid version to work defensivly.
- also don't forget that it's easier to get to 10K, 12K ES then to getting lots of HP. So even though it looks like you are sacrificing a lot of damage by not scaling of life I don't think this will be such a huge difference (but yes the damage will be lower)
- Would and INT stacking build be the best way to go? A lot of int will give you more ES. And with this skill we can actually scale damage by working on our defenses. Or go for crit scaling? The biggest problem I see at first glance is that there aint much "chaos damage" on the tree (most of it is chaos over time which we can't use if I'm not mistaken)
- Occultist seems like the best ascendancy for it to me. If just for the cannot be stunned as long as you have ES part.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация