[3.23?] VoidForge Insanity - Finally Unchained?

"
Firazy написал:

It doesn't really fit in the build as is but i need to trow it out there, one idea i've been trying to play with recently is Divergent Rallying Cry. With Ashes of the Stars + Enhance + Natural Authority Annoint it reaches almost 90% of Flat Phys added on minions. With a good phys weapon and Voidforge AGW it's a pretty easy memes pass (+300-600 physical with a decent 2H).

This is something we discussed a couple of pages ago. The idea was to put this on weapon swap and nuke things but the buff is lost when weapons are swapped. The damage gained from using rallying cry is countered by the damage lost from lack of shield/minion weapon. Ashes of the Stars is a straight no since the +1 and quality does nothing for the build overall and it competes with a stat covering rare amulet and netol's vow.

"
One thing I must ask is about the choice of Necro - I honestly don't get it, every time i looked it over, Guardian seemed way more interesting for CoC/AGW. The +2 is virtually useless, and other buffs mirror into more party friendly ones, plus defensive options. Is there more to it?

While the +2 is worthless, the Necro tree still has the most flexibility/damage on offer. Guardian would be a contender if Harmony of Purpose worked for minions as they would open up the build to not being dependent on Necro Aegis. Since this is not the case, Guardian just ends up being a weaker Necro. Bone Armour, 20% more minion life, +30% all res, +10% phys reduction and a flat +10% less damage taken are all extremely strong defensive boons.

"
I'm not a big fan of the glass canon approach but absolutely 100% love the idea of going Crit via Brittle, i can't shake that both the shield-block and moving-ground approaches might be a bit clunky in application, but the potential is just staggeringly big, far too much to be ignored.

The Brittle Ground method is extremely clunky since it doesn't really apply while mapping, requires the target to stay still and putting yourself at risk against the target. Once minion block applies brittle all these downsides vanish and you can safely stay out of harms way while your minions kill things off screen for you, bosses included.

"
Obviously it's not quite the same alley, but hope it might give some ideas.. Personally never realized the option of Brittle Scaling and am very thankful for it

Cheers.
I've been seeing the value in the Guardian option more via the party buffs (Onslaught, 20% AS/MS, Intimidate) but probably have been discounting the utility of Bone Armor - will really have to try running Necro next time !

Rallying Cry really is a weird thing to use in general yeah, and as you said not swappable, i'm just toying with Voidforge scaling. Right now settled for a Cane of Kulemak which allows for very high 1H-grade phys + 100% life/dmg + 60% AS as a middle ground, but it's imperfect and clearly inapplicable for necro/brittle since no shield.

Explored the possibility of using it with a 1H Axe which actually reaches very honest phys and -in theory- also allows for a crafted ~60% minion damage and shield for survivability or brittle - but from what i saw it's overall not stronger enough to justify the management and trick craft.

Eager to find a viable way to combine all these mechanics eventually, i doubt i'll manage in a lifetime, but hey, one can dream :p
Guide has been updated for 3.18. Managed to end on 36 challenges done this league and beat all content at least once, so now I can finally edit the Pro's section to remove the speculation xD
Thx for interesting build, @TheVoidInsanity!

You mention several times the importance of AG survivability. Could you comment on an idea of switching helmet to Crest Of Desire (rly cheep this league) + Divergent AG?

We will lose the Crit Chance on minions but perhaps we could somehow fix this with Necro Argus with Victario's Charity?
"
Rebe1mind написал:

You mention several times the importance of AG survivability. Could you comment on an idea of switching helmet to Crest Of Desire (rly cheep this league) + Divergent AG?

We will lose the Crit Chance on minions but perhaps we could somehow fix this with Necro Argus with Victario's Charity?

same idea but another question with anomalous guardian gem and area of effect
does it work on animate weapon ? up to 210% area of effect
Последняя редакция: rouxsama. Время: 15 июня 2022 г., 10:02:01
"
Rebe1mind написал:

We are already using Necro Aegis / Influenced shield for minion charges. Not using Ancient Skull will lower your total DPS and map clear by quite a lot because of its damage/attackspeed buff + super aggro AI mostly. I got no idea how much better or worse a 1 link AG with 8 levels is vs a 4 linked one, but I suspect the 4 linked one is going to be tankier. Using Divergent AG is fine though, I was using that prior to the Legacy of Fury change.

"
rouxsama написал:
same idea but another question with anomalous guardian gem and area of effect
does it work on animate weapon ? up to 210% area of effect

The Anomalous AG gem will work for anything the AG does, which is its attacks and the AoE of Legacy of Fury AFAIK. It does not effect the Animate Weapons.
hey, love the build, was wondering how you did vs uber bosses? tried to do uber exarch and the AG got instantly killed during the ball phase, any ideas?
@TheVoidInsanity

Thx for feedback, I saw that later in thread as well. Any thoughts prio to 3.19?
I think I will start SRS and later on switch to AW + AG.
"
MTDubbs написал:
hey, love the build, was wondering how you did vs uber bosses? tried to do uber exarch and the AG got instantly killed during the ball phase, any ideas?

Can't comment as I didn't play 3.18 much and wasn't running this build when I did. If the AG is complete it should be able to tank anything in the game though within reason, its EHP is ridiculous but I have no idea how much the balls do on regular let alone uber, I skipped the phase entirely.

If it's not possible to tank it you'll need to remove the AG gem when the phase starts to despawn it, then resummon it when the phase ends. Your animate weapons won't despawn when you do this but you won't be able to reliably make new ones unless you use the Vaal Breach method.

"
Rebe1mind написал:
@TheVoidInsanity

Thx for feedback, I saw that later in thread as well. Any thoughts prio to 3.19?
I think I will start SRS and later on switch to AW + AG.

3.19 changes this build a lot as now it can't easily get 100% crit chance from charges. It really depends on how much better minion itemization is and if Chains of Command is one of the uniques they are buffing. They seemed to have nerfed the base stats of minions hard and make the scaling better. Animated Voidforges should dodge this nerf but benefit from the improved scaling. The charges nerf means can abandon them entirely and get an even stronger defensive shield for the minions (though I have no idea what that would be).
Anyone play this in 3.20 ?

The Voidforge 300% to 700% Extra RND Element Buff is awesome.

150m+ DPS is possible.
Последняя редакция: vollekanne. Время: 23 дек. 2022 г., 18:51:10

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация