[3.15] Eye of Winter ES/LL Self-Cast Occultist

"
Eucly написал:
Hi Thanks for the guide. I was wondering what's your opinion about using spellslinger or spell echo instead of unleash?

I think both supports are good options for EoW. However both of them are very different builds than how this particular guide is specced. This Unleash version is definitely the highest damage of the 3 versions. Both of those would need to be done in some sort of Life, Hybrid, or MoM build to really be effective.

Spell Echo you would want to make a build that centers around Badge of the Brotherhood to really boost your cast speed high.

Spellslinger would be much like a CoC build for EoW. It would probably be a bit higher map clear speed, but much lower boss damage.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 написал:
"
Eucly написал:
Hi Thanks for the guide. I was wondering what's your opinion about using spellslinger or spell echo instead of unleash?

I think both supports are good options for EoW. However both of them are very different builds than how this particular guide is specced. This Unleash version is definitely the highest damage of the 3 versions. Both of those would need to be done in some sort of Life, Hybrid, or MoM build to really be effective.

Spell Echo you would want to make a build that centers around Badge of the Brotherhood to really boost your cast speed high.

Spellslinger would be much like a CoC build for EoW. It would probably be a bit higher map clear speed, but much lower boss damage.

Thank you so much for your thoughts on those gems and for the immediate respond. Lastly, If you are going to rewrite or add something to the guide. Can you please add the utmost importance to which one to upgrade or buy first out of those items, jewels, gems..etc. in-order.

again thank you for your time.
Последняя редакция: Eucly. Время: 20 авг. 2021 г., 11:13:07
"
arkon9944 написал:
I did all 12 points like a week and a half ago or so. The trick to The Hidden is to make sure Esh dies immediately when he spawns.
May be it was the combination of mods on the invitation. Next try will be a white one ;)
And if Esh doesn't spawn first, its hard to kill him immediately.
We'll see how it goes...
Is there anyone that alter this guide a bit to improve our defences may you please share it?

Though I did swapped one gem to put frost shield and planning to get blind on Large Cluster jewel instead of seal.
Последняя редакция: Eucly. Время: 22 авг. 2021 г., 8:18:34
a old man (56) say thanks for this build :-))
created now in standard and i like this build very much, first build with no 'flask piano'. At the moment i try to learn how to kill the big bosses (and what i have to do with this build not to be killed...).
Elder kills me 2 times with 1-shot, and i faild Sirius because i always run in areas where i'am not save :-)) but i think with this build i can manage this after a few trys...
Clear speed is really phantastic and some bosses, where i had before some problems, will be killed in no time :-)
So this is really a fun build (ok chest with both +gem mods are very very expensive, but for this we collect currency in standard ...)
Again thanks for this build
Thanks for putting this together. Spent about 40ex in Std (most of that was for the +2 projectile Shav's) and it's just obscene for clear and boss killing. Unfortunately suffers from being pretty squishy but you can't really have it all.

Just for the sake of economy I found some alternatives for those wanting to stretch their chaos or maybe eek out a bit more damage.

Doryani's Delusion Sorcerer boots are a great choice. Brings some hefty damage along with a boatload of ES.

Dropping the curse on ring and instead using two in the Hydrosphere set up nets a ton of extra damage (about 25% more) and the loss of AoE isn't really felt as Hydro has decent range. Also frees up a suffix so you can add something like min frenzy charges which adds some cast speed but also 4% more damage and considering we don't generate them, a big boost.

(FWIW you can grab either Frostbite or Elemental Weakness on ring, both are identical with regards to dps.)

Whatever curse you link to Hydro is also a great enchant to grab on the helmet. EOW is an extremely expensive enchant so either EW or Frostbite tends to be almost half and can in most cases edge out when it comes to damage (obviously provided you play the build well). A good alternative choice to those without deep pockets.

Lastly changing up the links in Flame Dash by dropping Faster Casting, which doesn't do much these days, for Frost Shield gives us two of them, which are madly useful given how hollow the build feel. This frees up a pair from the Clarity slot, which I have CWDT and Cold Snap linked up for a change to get Frenzies or you could link Frost Bomb and get 4% more damage.
Deliver pain exquisite
Loving Unleash version.. I usually min max Vortex to be a boss killer and create a faster mapper late in the league.

I saw what some of the Occultists have been doing with Eye of Winter and Its been great to have a good mapper and good boss killer.

I have tested many skill links (Spell Echo, Cold Pen) and gone through many variations and Hybrid is far the worst version of this build defensive wise.

I settled on LL version without the gloves. So I went with just higher ES base gloves and opted for Awakened unbound ailments linked to skitter bots as it adds 30k vs 10k Hit Damage you gain from the gloves. Since you mostly care about higher hit damage this seemed like the better option. The closer you can be to to 300k per hit damage the better.

After bunch of testing with cast speed watchers and anoints. I went with Throat Seeker instead of Nimbleness for the anoint. I don't think cast speed is necessary with Unleash and I am going to buy ES on hit watchers and possibly drop Ghost Reaver.

So far great build!! Hopefully its survives next league because league starting low life vortex and switching to this build is very easy.
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 24 авг. 2021 г., 21:09:06
Just bought some temp chains doedre's malevolence and wondering how I should incorporate that 3rd curse in the build.
Either spending 3 points on Whispers of Doom or getting rid of the nimbleness annoint, which would leave me with even less cast speed (-10% from gloves corruption and -6% from nimbleness).

Argh... if I just had some more levels, but I keep dying to stupid one shots.

Still easily one of the most fun builds I ever played.
"
blastinMot написал:
Just bought some temp chains doedre's malevolence and wondering how I should incorporate that 3rd curse in the build.
Either spending 3 points on Whispers of Doom or getting rid of the nimbleness annoint, which would leave me with even less cast speed (-10% from gloves corruption and -6% from nimbleness).

Argh... if I just had some more levels, but I keep dying to stupid one shots.

Still easily one of the most fun builds I ever played.

I mean, if you want my opinion on the Temp Chain gloves...I think the best way to incorporate them into your build is to sell them, and use whatever currency you make to buy something to upgrade your build instead.

EoW is already chilling and freezing everything you hit, and Temp Chains has a very minimal effect on bosses, which you should kill just as easily with or without Temp Chains anyway.

The only curse on gloves corrupt that I've been considering is Ele Weakness, and figure out some other couple of support gems for Hydrosphere instead...but I dunno I'm not like rushing out to do it or anything.

"
donbrawler написал:
Loving Unleash version.. I usually min max Vortex to be a boss killer and create a faster mapper late in the league.

I saw what some of the Occultists have been doing with Eye of Winter and Its been great to have a good mapper and good boss killer.

I have tested many skill links (Spell Echo, Cold Pen) and gone through many variations and Hybrid is far the worst version of this build defensive wise.

I settled on LL version without the gloves. So I went with just higher ES base gloves and opted for Awakened unbound ailments linked to skitter bots as it adds 30k vs 10k Hit Damage you gain from the gloves. Since you mostly care about higher hit damage this seemed like the better option. The closer you can be to to 300k per hit damage the better.

After bunch of testing with cast speed watchers and anoints. I went with Throat Seeker instead of Nimbleness for the anoint. I don't think cast speed is necessary with Unleash and I am going to buy ES on hit watchers and possibly drop Ghost Reaver.

So far great build!! Hopefully its survives next league because league starting low life vortex and switching to this build is very easy.

You're absolutely correct when you say this build does NOT need cast speed. Hucking out a few EoW's every time you cast does everything you need. Cast speed is really only a QoL in this build to just ramp up 'movement speed' when clearing maps.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация