[3.24] Bane/Blight Occultist Starter

Hi,

I enjoy it but what would u suggest to change, cause single target damage is dogshit when it comes to bosses. Maybe change blight for something else?

My pob
https://pobb.in/f2_qx9G96kyM
Soulrend or Essence Drain outperform blight. As an option, you can socket one in the chest for a double 5-link, because essence drain has a long duration.
"
Zipp197 написал:
Hi,

I enjoy it but what would u suggest to change, cause single target damage is dogshit when it comes to bosses. Maybe change blight for something else?

My pob
https://pobb.in/f2_qx9G96kyM

In PoB it looks like you're not on Low Life, so you don't utilize Pain Attunement - you can unallocate two Life and Energy Shield nodes on the cluster with the ES mastery and use them for something else, that should solve it for now. You might need to manipulate the levels of your Arrogance/Vitality/Clarity gems in the future.

You can quality up some of your gems and Iolite ring, get a Bane or Blight helmet enchantment, and possibly a belt enchantment (the mod improving Withered).

Anomalous Withering Step would let you apply the debuff a bit more effectively.

You can use an amulet with crafted minimum Endurance Charge and anoint Tranquility or Corruption instead. If you feel like you don't need Endurance Charges, you can use Frenzy Charges instead (remember about resistances though).

Both of your wands can be yet upgraded for something like 10% more dps each, although crafting/getting one costs likely 10+ div.

I've been using a more offensively oriented setup because of the Sanctum: https://pobb.in/KtcrKF8wau9e.

For the actual runs I can fairly easily further strip down the defences and use Malevolence instead of Grace, Discipline, and Ghost Dance. If I want to optimize more, I can use 2 Skins of the Lords; one for bosses (Blight), one for other rooms (Bane + Awakened Spell Cascade for off-screening), but that requires corrupting all your gems. For something like zHP runs I can replace Purity of Elements with Zealotry and switch jewels for more offensive ones on top of that.
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 23 янв. 2023 г., 17:04:28
"
Xayazi написал:
Hello!

I'd like to present the build I've been refining over a few last leagues. It's been serving me well as capable of fully unlocking the Atlas while having a straightforward progression line within the archetype I really enjoy.

You can watch a quick overview of the gameplay in a video prepared by brittleknee.

The leveling trees (75 and 90), the default setup, and the suggested upgrades for import in PoB:
https://pobb.in/u/Xayazi/bbocc

Head to this google doc for the full guideline.

i followed this build starting in 3.17, its been fun. my clear speed is great and ive been able to make some small tweaks to your guide to make it work for me.

i was able to incorporate Malevolence while sacrificing the mysticism passive circle while still maintaining a similiar cast speed/mana regen. I don't have any mana issues except i cant swap bane for blight in the 6L.

do you think running enfeeble > punishment at least for guardians+ is something i should swap?

however - the issue i have is the random one shots. I'm pretty sure its chaos damage most of the time. any advice on how to become tankier without sacrificing much?

https://pastebin.com/XdCkEe1i

i do swap to a bane 21/20 for bossing unless vaal is up

Последняя редакция: mortnick11. Время: 21 февр. 2023 г., 19:18:24
"
mortnick11 написал:
however - the issue i have is the random one shots. I'm pretty sure its chaos damage most of the time. any advice on how to become tankier without sacrificing much?

Your defences are solid compared to what I've could ever get on this. Looks like you're already taking precautions for what I can come up with as well, but probably one of the following happens:
- chaos damage added via Exarch's altars, when your Coruscating Elixir is down. If that's the case, you should be able to tell by ES still being left while you're dead. Unfortunately, I don't think you can do much besides just not choosing these options. I wouldn't expect it to get you killed with your Elixir up, although I haven't played with it. Normal chaos damage shouldn't be an issue either way.
- Punishment inflicted on you or reflected to you. The latter is worse, because it's affected by increases to your curse effect, while Bane's "less" modifier isn't applied for some reason. Seems you get 65% reduced effect of curses on you while you're on consecrated ground, but that still leaves 86% for your own Punishment. I'm not sure if the regen is worth it, so maybe a flask with Flagellant's modifier and high reduced curse effect on you would work better than Bottled Faith. I see you're using a flask removing curses too, and that's good, but sometimes it just happens fast.

Other than that, I guess it can be just stacking damage modifiers on your maps, so using Enfeeble instead of Punishment can help overall.

You can use Anomalous CWDT for a bit more duration of your IC (and quality up that one as well).

[edit] I like to eventually incorporate Bastion of Elements via the Forbidden Flame and Flesh jewels and it should increase the overall survivability, but I don't think that's related to the problem of one-shots specifically. If you try to find a jewel slot, maybe you can allocate Utmost Intellect with its mastery instead of using Energy from Within.
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 22 февр. 2023 г., 11:33:08
"
Xayazi написал:
"
mortnick11 написал:

Your defences are solid compared to what I've could ever get on this. Looks like you're already taking precautions for what I can come up with as well, but probably one of the following happens:
- chaos damage added via Exarch's altars, when your Coruscating Elixir is down. If that's the case, you should be able to tell by ES still being left while you're dead. Unfortunately, I don't think you can do much besides just not choosing these options. I wouldn't expect it to get you killed with your Elixir up, although I haven't played with it. Normal chaos damage shouldn't be an issue either way.
- Punishment inflicted on you or reflected to you. The latter is worse, because it's affected by increases to your curse effect, while Bane's "less" modifier isn't applied for some reason. Seems you get 65% reduced effect of curses on you while you're on consecrated ground, but that still leaves 86% for your own Punishment. I'm not sure if the regen is worth it, so maybe a flask with Flagellant's modifier and high reduced curse effect on you would work better than Bottled Faith. I see you're using a flask removing curses too, and that's good, but sometimes it just happens fast.

Other than that, I guess it can be just stacking damage modifiers on your maps, so using Enfeeble instead of Punishment can help overall.

You can use Anomalous CWDT for a bit more duration of your IC (and quality up that one as well).

[edit] I like to eventually incorporate Bastion of Elements via the Forbidden Flame and Flesh jewels and it should increase the overall survivability, but I don't think that's related to the problem of one-shots specifically. If you try to find a jewel slot, maybe you can allocate Utmost Intellect with its mastery instead of using Energy from Within.

thanks, all helpful feedback.
Hi there, feels like 3.21 messed up a things bit
Can we expect a guide update? Sry, kinda noob here.
"
Suel написал:

Hi, sorry, I didn't have time to update it before the launch. I'm going to play for a while, see what works, and do it then, but it's going to be delayed due to Easter. Overall, I'm expecting damage to go down a bit, but Crucible should at least make up for it.

As for leveling, you can't have guaranteed weapons with explicit added damage to spells anymore, but I think elemental, hit-based spells are still your best shot at least for the first 2 acts.

You can follow the steps through the campaign from the leveling doc without changing much, except for things related to auras. The old masteries providing increased mana reservation efficiency for Discipline/Grace are replaced by the general mana mastery. Your first auras can be Clarity and Malevolence, and the latter is meant to be replaced by Purity of Elements in Act 6 or so. Early on you can use low level Vitality, then replace it with Grace after you invest enough into mana reservation efficiency (maybe Act 7/8). I'd add Discipline only at the very end and I think it might require linking low level Clarity with Arrogance Support or, if you have some life regen, using the life mastery transferring 30% of the mana cost to life. As your energy shield initially won't be as high, the curse mastery providing life recovery is pretty nice.

There are still useful leveling uniques, like Allelopathy (a lot of power against bosses early on) and Doedre's Damning (you can add a curse to your Bane, I prefer Enfeeble).
Последняя редакция: Xayazi. Время: 8 апр. 2023 г., 5:13:57
"
Xayazi написал:
"
Suel написал:

Hi, sorry, I didn't have time to update it before the launch. I'm going to play for a while, see what works, and do it then, but it's going to be delayed due to Easter. Overall, I'm expecting damage to go down a bit, but Crucible should at least make up for it.

As for leveling, you can't have guaranteed weapons with explicit added damage to spells anymore, but I think elemental, hit-based spells are still your best shot at least for the first 2 acts.

You can follow the steps through the campaign from the leveling doc without changing much, except for things related to auras. The old masteries providing increased mana reservation efficiency for Discipline/Grace are replaced by the general mana mastery. Your first auras can be Clarity and Malevolence, and the latter is meant to be replaced by Purity of Elements in Act 6 or so. Early on you can use low level Vitality, then replace it with Grace after you invest enough into mana reservation efficiency (maybe Act 7/8). I'd add Discipline only at the very end and I think it might require linking low level Clarity with Arrogance Support or, if you have some life regen, using the life mastery transferring 30% of the mana cost to life. As your energy shield initially won't be as high, the curse mastery providing life recovery is pretty nice.

There are still useful leveling uniques, like Allelopathy (a lot of power against bosses early on) and Doedre's Damning (you can add a curse to your Bane, I prefer Enfeeble).

Thanks, no rush of course take your time.
I just finished the levelling part and started mapping working for a default setup before changing into LL, but now passive tree changed and I want to wait before reallocating passives.
Thanks for your hard work :)
"
Suel написал:
Thanks, no rush of course take your time.
I just finished the levelling part and started mapping working for a default setup before changing into LL, but now passive tree changed and I want to wait before reallocating passives.
Thanks for your hard work :)

I see, good luck and let me know if you have any insight to share then!

I think initially I'd aim for something very similar: https://pobb.in/5vOeRxhjtCcS. Some changes are pinching and at the first sight there are no striking positive ones, but it doesn't account for Crucible. Resistances are short of a few points, but there should be some wiggle room on gear to fix it. 118 strength also limits Vitality to level 19. With the nerf to Blight's duration, Efficacy in a 6-link usually should be used with Anomalous quality again.

There are some pretty neat options in the remaining masteries to allocate; especially it looks like we can make the combination of energy shield and evasion more reliable than ever. Nevertheless, I want to consider yet if I should try to rely on cluster jewels earlier and more heavily.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация