[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
littlezoe написал:

My character is lvl 91 currently and some of my items are my endgame items, like my body armour.
I do have to change some of my gear. But some has life on it because all the other mods were relevant for me.
I'm not sure how long I'll play the league, so we'll see if I get around to crafting.

1. put %less damage received per 230 int on your chest (eater implicit). the searing implicit can be 1% more resist or whatever
2. your 2 rings are not very good. replace them with ~135+ int ~90% resist to one element mirrored rings (still a few on trade)
3. your belt is not very good. buy a 15% incr int synth belt (just buy the cheapest one, magic is ok), get 20% qual on it after a scour (4 intrinsics), and then hit with deafening spite until you get %resist in the missing element
4. get 3% dam per 100 int on your gloves (eater implicit) and also 15% chance to unnerve (searing implicit)
5. work on the recommended flasks. 20% qual them by selling blacksmiths for glassblowers at act3+ vendors.
6. look for a chest with 1 free affix and good int/ES/evasion, and craft 6% incr attrs on it (that'll hold you for quite a while)
7. your amulet is nice but you can easily craft an uber astramentis (see my post above) for ~6 divines expected cost
8. get an ilvl 75-79 hubris with 43+ int, good ES and at least 1 free suffix and slam with a hunter orb for %int
9. get aspect of the spider on your gloves or belt, whichever ends up with a free affix.

all of the above was a lot easier to do earlier in the league but you can probably still pull it off. you can see my char and what I did. 0 deaths from 92 to 96.9 (except to the maven memory game at 96.0) running T16 maps and invitations other than feared.
Последняя редакция: Graiaule. Время: 26 сент. 2022 г., 3:16:16
Any idea why Kelvynn use Phantasmal Wave of Conviction level 4 only?
Quick question for the experts out there...
Is there a trick to slam the %int in the helmet or is just a matter of luck?
Twice I tried with the:
- get base int and ES
- fill prefixes and leave suffix
- use a hunter's exalted

Both times I got "you have xxx conflux for x seconds". First one chilling, second lightning.

I'm grateful for the great build since it's the furthest I've gone in any league since beta, but with such a wacked economy it's starting to be annoying to get upgrades and I'm considering abandoning to be honest. Luck has always ignored me in this game...
"
Unien написал:
Quick question for the experts out there...
Is there a trick to slam the %int in the helmet or is just a matter of luck?
Twice I tried with the:
- get base int and ES
- fill prefixes and leave suffix
- use a hunter's exalted

Both times I got "you have xxx conflux for x seconds". First one chilling, second lightning.

I'm grateful for the great build since it's the furthest I've gone in any league since beta, but with such a wacked economy it's starting to be annoying to get upgrades and I'm considering abandoning to be honest. Luck has always ignored me in this game...

ilvl must be 75-79. only 2 possible variants with such ilvl by slaming suff t1 or t2 % int
ARGH!
Thanks.... (feel like an idiot...)
"
Arineth написал:

Levelling WoC only increases the base damage, most of which doesn't get converted anyways and is miniscule in comparison to Icestorm, as well as slightly increases the skill effect duration. However it also raises the base mana cost which of course also gets multiplied by the supports.

So if you are getting constantly hit and CWDT keeps proccing the Hex-links and IC-WoC links continually, while running the 3 auras + Spider, on top of spamming Icestorm/Vortex/Frostblink, it's quite possible to outspend the Clarity regen and be in a situation where you have no mana (especially if you have no mana recoup, and during bossing, where we don't usually benefit from Polymath's MoK). Therefore keeping the utility gems a lower level, and thus the base mana costs lower, is more beneficial than whatever tiny fraction of damage you'd get from levelling it. After all, we only use PWoC to apply Cold Exposure and not as a source of damage.

Another trick is raising the level of CWDT itself so that it triggers less often (for the IC/WoC links at least).

Kelvynn also touched on the appropriate ratios for it in the Mana Sustain section of the guide:
"
Check the gem levels in the CWDT - IC - ID - PWoC link. The amount of damage that triggers CWDT should be at least 10x bigger than the sum of the mana costs of IC and PWoC (check their actual tooltips in game).
Последняя редакция: Verdale. Время: 26 сент. 2022 г., 16:55:54
"
Verdale написал:
"
Arineth написал:

Levelling WoC only increases the base damage, most of which doesn't get converted anyways and is miniscule in comparison to Icestorm, as well as slightly increases the skill effect duration. However it also raises the base mana cost which of course also gets multiplied by the supports.

So if you are getting constantly hit and CWDT keeps proccing the Hex-links and IC-WoC links continually, while running the 3 auras + Spider, on top of spamming Icestorm/Vortex/Frostblink, it's quite possible to outspend the Clarity regen and be in a situation where you have no mana (especially if you have no mana recoup, and during bossing, where we don't usually benefit from Polymath's MoK). Therefore keeping the utility gems a lower level, and thus the base mana costs lower, is more beneficial than whatever tiny fraction of damage you'd get from levelling it. After all, we only use PWoC to apply Cold Exposure and not as a source of damage.

Another trick is raising the level of CWDT itself so that it triggers less often (for the IC/WoC links at least).

Kelvynn also touched on the appropriate ratios for it in the Mana Sustain section of the guide:
"
Check the gem levels in the CWDT - IC - ID - PWoC link. The amount of damage that triggers CWDT should be at least 10x bigger than the sum of the mana costs of IC and PWoC (check their actual tooltips in game).

Oh, I missed the ratios part completely, thanks!!!
Gave up on the league and started on standard, much more tankier than scion. Mostly die due to me not paying attention.

Much love for this version
By the way -- int/es or int/evasion split personalities?

I'm sticking with int/evasion as I like the ~12% more evasion I get with them.

PoB gives a slightly higher (~2%) effective life with the es, but that's on the average.

In other words, I prefer the 12% more chance to avoid one-shots with the int/evasion jewels.

As a data point, I have had zero problems with archnemesis rares of any kind for my last 5 levels, and I routinely handle 9-element essence mobs x 2 and difficulty 13 lakes (damn, it's hard to get 14 or more...)

What is your experience?
Ostensibly ES is slightly better as it will mean that it takes larger one-shots to kill you in all cases, whereas EV is more all-or-nothing.

In practice, you raise a very good point and I think I'll opt for the 15c jewel over the 2 div one now that you put it that way. :D

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация