[3.24] Devon's Frostblink Elementalist - The Hotstepper | Build of the Week! | 9M+ DoT DPS

"
King_Haart написал:
Скрытый текст
"
skinmouse написал:
Hello, could I get some assistance please? I'm kinda stumped on what to do next, I can't figure out how to get more damage or maybe some defenses.

Here's my pob - https://pastebin.com/292EMw8n

Thanks!

What's your budget like?

For Defense:

A Watcher's Eye with +chance to evade goes a long way with this build (right now you are 81% chance - if you get a +8% jewel, you get hit ~40% less often!).

Your spell dodge is also very low, look into the last page or two where I discussed using a Green Nightmare + cold resist tattoos to get a relatively cheap 15% extra (there are a lot of other build tips in those pages too!).

You can drop some of the DPS nodes near Growth and Decay (and Glacial Cage) temporarily to reach Instinct and Inveterate as well for another ~20% spell dodge chance which is HUGE, that's 40% less often (since you're already at 50%) that spells hit you.

For Damage:

Replica Iron Point is OK for early maps but at your level you should be getting a decent rare weapon. PoB can give you a trade link for max DPS within your budget. FWIW I didn't worry overmuch about Elemental Overload & Crit chance, more base DPS is more consistent anyway.

Using Heatshiver or Eye of Malice is a LOT more DPS (former relies more on chill/freeze, which is better with the Frigid Cold jewels if you have the jewel slots and budget, Eye of Malice is fine for clear but for bosses you need good curses/exposure - if you have those it's roughly on par).

Look for a Lethal Pride that can go in the top center jewel socket and get a bunch of faster ignite damage, that's a *huge* DPS boost. A +Int Gem tattoo on Theif's Craft is a bunch more for 1 passive point.

Glacial Cage doesn't do much for DPS without Heatshiver, you can drop that.

If you get the right Glove implicit you can drop Elemental Prolif (you'd really want Ignite prolif anyway) for Unbound Ailments for more DPS again with little if any loss of clear.

There's probably a lot more - check out my PoB, it may help. Some of the items are costlier or require a lot of live searches to get affordably but others are cheaper to pick up.

I just did Simulacrum wave 30 for the first time, on my first try with this build - I did die a few times due to being slow to dodge the bosses but it's not that hard to get sufficient DPS on this build.

Hmm, I thought your version had even more survivability than mine.

But I think that for the Simulacrum in this build, the properties of the wave are critically important, which can be complex enough to cause significant trouble.
"
skinmouse написал:

Quick edit : what does lethal pride do actually?

If you read his previous notes in the topic, then it will become clear to you ;)

It adds 30% ignite faster to the build (if you find the right stones selected using PoB)
I threw another small fraps 29 and 30 waves of the Simulacrum.

Sorry, I forgot to change the language at the entrance.

The 29th wave has +65% fire resistance, which is quite unpleasant for this build. It is quite noticeable how monsters and bosses are slowly dying.

The 30th wave turned out to be easy. The critical chance and critical multiplier of monsters does not play any role in my build, but on this wave I did not change the stones and left Unbound Ailments instead of Ignite Prolif for additional demonstration.

https://youtu.be/hv7J2r76aI4

In fact, the main thing to do is to monitor the health reservation in order to hide from damage for a while at the right moment, perhaps this is 99% of the component of this build xD
"
skinmouse написал:
I've got 46 raw divs and can probably liquidate other stuff for another 5-6, maybe.
I'm looking into the Watcher's Eye jewels atm and is it worth investing 15 divs into one that uses +8 suppress for clarity, non-channeling spells 9 less mana per cast with grace?
And for helmet, do I just pay a lab runner for the frostblink enchant if I decide to go with Eye of Malice?
And what do you mean by right glove implicit?
I feel for mapping ele prolif is faster than unbound, I gemswap anyway for boss fights or tougher single target mobs, seems like my radius for ignites spreads further with ele prolif.
Thanks for the tips by the way, really appreciate the quick answer!

I'm pretty sure I've spent less than 40 div on my build so you should be more than fine with that budget. I got lucky with my Watcher's Eye at around 5 div, the most important stat (IMO) is Grace evade chance, after that it's a bit up to you and the auras you run. My top picks would be Suppress (if needed), Block/PDR if you run Determination, or perma-phasing/travel skill CDR if you can fit Haste. Remember that you can reroll the values for 1 div so getting the right set of modifiers matters more than their values.

For the helm - just buy one with the Enchant: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/zeVa8DKi4

If you want a top-tier helm with say % mana reservation corrupt you may need to go the lab runner route to enchant it, or seek one with a different-but-useful enchant like mana reservation for an aura you're running instead.

For gloves, there's a Searing Exarch implicit "Ignites you inflict spread to other enemies within # metres" which is largely the same as proliferation. It may not be quite as wide a spread so do what feels good to you.

Lethal Pride is a Timeless Jewel. It makes all the passives in the radius give +2 or +4 strength (for small and notable passives respectively) and then also adds another random extra modifier on notables. For example, mine is for "15706 warriors under Rakiata" and that specific one happens to add the modifier "Ignites deal damage 10% faster" on THREE of the notables aroudn it that I allocate anyway, so that's ~20% more DPS right there, plus about 42 strength for me which is handy.
"
Алчность написал:
Hmm, I thought your version had even more survivability than mine.

But I think that for the Simulacrum in this build, the properties of the wave are critically important, which can be complex enough to cause significant trouble.

My next run was deathless; on my third, I died in the early 20's to a one-hit from Kosis as there was both "178% extra phys as lightning" + "penetrates 10% of lightning resistance" mods. This build is always going to be a bit vulnerable to 1-hits, particularly from Phys. I've thought about switching from Shaper of Storms to Bastion of Elements to get the Aegis which would give me ~30% more ele max hit, that might be worth it in scenarios where big hits are more likely.

"
Алчность написал:

In fact, the main thing to do is to monitor the health reservation in order to hide from damage for a while at the right moment, perhaps this is 99% of the component of this build xD

Very much so! At least this build has plenty of tools for getting out of harms way. I could probably avoid a bunch of the one-hit deaths if I knew the various boss's telegraphed attacks better for instance.
"
King_Haart написал:
"
skinmouse написал:
I've got 46 raw divs and can probably liquidate other stuff for another 5-6, maybe.
I'm looking into the Watcher's Eye jewels atm and is it worth investing 15 divs into one that uses +8 suppress for clarity, non-channeling spells 9 less mana per cast with grace?
And for helmet, do I just pay a lab runner for the frostblink enchant if I decide to go with Eye of Malice?
And what do you mean by right glove implicit?
I feel for mapping ele prolif is faster than unbound, I gemswap anyway for boss fights or tougher single target mobs, seems like my radius for ignites spreads further with ele prolif.
Thanks for the tips by the way, really appreciate the quick answer!

I'm pretty sure I've spent less than 40 div on my build so you should be more than fine with that budget. I got lucky with my Watcher's Eye at around 5 div, the most important stat (IMO) is Grace evade chance, after that it's a bit up to you and the auras you run. My top picks would be Suppress (if needed), Block/PDR if you run Determination, or perma-phasing/travel skill CDR if you can fit Haste. Remember that you can reroll the values for 1 div so getting the right set of modifiers matters more than their values.

For the helm - just buy one with the Enchant: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ancestor/zeVa8DKi4

If you want a top-tier helm with say % mana reservation corrupt you may need to go the lab runner route to enchant it, or seek one with a different-but-useful enchant like mana reservation for an aura you're running instead.

For gloves, there's a Searing Exarch implicit "Ignites you inflict spread to other enemies within # metres" which is largely the same as proliferation. It may not be quite as wide a spread so do what feels good to you.

Lethal Pride is a Timeless Jewel. It makes all the passives in the radius give +2 or +4 strength (for small and notable passives respectively) and then also adds another random extra modifier on notables. For example, mine is for "15706 warriors under Rakiata" and that specific one happens to add the modifier "Ignites deal damage 10% faster" on THREE of the notables aroudn it that I allocate anyway, so that's ~20% more DPS right there, plus about 42 strength for me which is handy.

Well thanks for the tips, I pretty much doubled my dps! :-)
Any thoughts about the build this league? Mana reservation seems like it might be a bit more of a pain point now.
About the new Frostblink gem, how would work around the cast time?

Pure cast speed investment?
"
King_Haart написал:
Any thoughts about the build this league? Mana reservation seems like it might be a bit more of a pain point now.

As a follow-up, I ended up running this again. Seems not *quite* as good since Tattoos were so powerful, but Charms make up for that a fair bit. Easy enough to get reservation (regular or banner), suppression, additional -res on exposure.

Additionally, the pretty high crit chance % on hits against full life enemies is excellent for keeping EO up during mapping and for getting started on bosses, and this is also a good build for speedrunning maps which works well with the league mechanic.

I'm using Enduring Cry with Urgent Orders as my primary regen (plus regular flask for backup), and Phase Run on mouse click for a bit of extra move speed + phasing. Not as much room for flexibility as with tattoos overall but still probably the most playable build I've ever run, by a decent margin.
"
King_Haart написал:
"
King_Haart написал:

As a follow-up, I ended up running this again. Seems not *quite* as good since Tattoos were so powerful, but Charms make up for that a fair bit. Easy enough to get reservation (regular or banner), suppression, additional -res on exposure.

Additionally, the pretty high crit chance % on hits against full life enemies is excellent for keeping EO up during mapping and for getting started on bosses, and this is also a good build for speedrunning maps which works well with the league mechanic.

I'm using Enduring Cry with Urgent Orders as my primary regen (plus regular flask for backup), and Phase Run on mouse click for a bit of extra move speed + phasing. Not as much room for flexibility as with tattoos overall but still probably the most playable build I've ever run, by a decent margin.

Can you maybe give me your POB? I'm now sitting on around 4m dot DPS with Frostblink but the wisp mechanic is a pain in the arse, as the singletarget DPS is lackluster but needed for empowered rares. I've one Upgrade I can make to reach around 6mio but than I'm out of Ideas to scale damage further without losing survivability which is already bad without Lightning Coil and Bronn instead!

Here is mine: https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/NoFrAg/Unlimited_Power

Should I just get rid of Firetrap and 100% focus on Frostblink? Even for singletarget?
Последняя редакция: NoFrAg. Время: 8 янв. 2024 г., 17:24:24

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация