[3.24] Devon's Frostblink Elementalist - The Hotstepper | Build of the Week! | 9M+ DoT DPS

Awesome Guide. one question, why no anomalous frostblink? I would guss the extra radius is cool
"
akasaka13 написал:
Awesome Guide. one question, why no anomalous frostblink? I would guss the extra radius is cool
Ailment effect is better since it chills all the time.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
For anyone struggling with gear progression from the budget variant to the more expensive I thought I would post what helped me the most.

We really want to be running Heatshiver now and in order to do so we need to drop Replica Cold Iron Point do get our base chill effect up. So for 2 divines you can deterministically craft a pretty good dagger, that is just a straight upgrade over Replica, even if you change nothing else about the budget variant.

In order to craft this you'll do the following:

1. Buy a +1 Cold Spell Skill Gem fractured dagger ilvl 82+ (20-30c right now in sanctum)
2. Alt + Aug until you hit T1 DoT Multi (340ish tries)
3. Regal and hope for a good prefix, if it's a suffix, annul or beast it off.
4. Craft "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"
5. Craft "Fire DoT Multi"
6. Craft "Increased Fire Damage / Chance to Ignite"
7. Slam with an exalt if you ended up annuling off a suffix earlier to try and get something useful.

All in you're looking at about 2.3 divine to craft this. You could also swap out the T1 DoT Multi for Spell Crit, but with the base 50% chance, precision, and cold spell crit chance on my jewels I felt I was keeping EO up enough. This should hopefully hold me over until I get the currency for a +1 All fractured dagger.

Hope this helps someone and let me know if there's a cheaper / better way to do this.
So I may just be missing this altogether, but what in the world is the high crit for, if dots don't crit, since you didn't take agony?
"
LittleShticky написал:
So I may just be missing this altogether, but what in the world is the high crit for, if dots don't crit, since you didn't take agony?
Elemental Overload. Recommended 20% crit chance on frostblink. Remember Aul's gives 50% when nearby so slap that into PoB as well.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
I noticed in your 3.20 setup you run awakened burning damage and efficacy instead of lifetap and cold to fire damage, in this case how does my frostblink deal fire damage? thanks in advance, been loving the build so far!
Hoy,

Having blasting fun with this build atm, with "basic stuff" for T16 map zoom zoom, just had luck with a cheap bronn's lithe +2 duration... <3

Not yet to awakend gems, nor polaric, aul or anything costly.

But same question as above : is convertion to fire not that important to remove the pyre ? I see several guys on poe.ninja without the ring, so they do loose lot of conversion too. Is just cold to fire (or just the ring) + heatshiver doing the job ? Half damage is converted but you get a lot of extra cold as fire from gem and helm so it doesn't matter that much ?

I've also noted some options to use a medium thread of hope in the jewel slot on top of witch, seems pretty good. And using of cluster including "fan the flames" medium that provide an easy proliferation (and so clear a gem slot).

Thanks for the build !

Oh and i have a question : is there a trick to get rid of "fire and ignite resistance" mobs ? :p Except bringing them on a burning mob, sometimes they are a pain to kill.
Последняя редакция: CaMarchePas. Время: 2 янв. 2023 г., 12:50:38
Also yeah I've been wondering what is the change from cold to fire conversion to not seeming to convert cold damage at all anymore. is there more overall damage from just buffing ailment damage on frostblink versus fire conversion?
I've been checking this build out and having a lot of fun with it; mapping feels awesome, but having some issues when it comes to bosses. Maybe I just screwed up somewhere and need some guidance, cause the boss DPS just doesn't feel there, for me.

https://pastebin.com/JUqPYnrE

Here's my current POB.
Hoy,

Didn't find or test anything about the no pyre idea.

Yet, having a blast with the build.

My current pob : https://pobb.in/zjJRopZeonlM (can't share poe.ninja, too many lvl100 already !!! ) Went to level 100 to get more jewel slots, most and cheapest way to improve something atm with good 5 ways. ^^

Stuff done :
-all "normal" bosses
-all 80% quantity invitation for the challenge (the feared was nearly failed, -40%ish chaos resist was very dangerous for Chayulah)
-some of the pinacle challenge (ok they are not hard, but still a success to count ! )
-simulacrum 23, only tried once, Kosis on 19-20-21-22-23 with nasty mods didn't helped. I think i can go higher)

Stuff to improve :
-a few gems to buy (21/20 at least for some, 6/20 for some awakened)
-doble corrupt some Aul's uprising if i'm bored to get a +1 curse maybe ? :D
-gloves/boots can be better, probably
-boots enchantment, i'm lazy
-try without the pyre and buy a good elemental ring

I may try some ubers, just to see how they look, because i'm really no good at dodging stuff, already happy to have a very confortable place with all bosses and the success on first try of all invitation q80 (ok with 5 deaths on some :p ).

I didn't spent money on frigid wake forbidden jewels, instead i aimed for a cheap elementalist (atm : shaper of storm) so i can take Bastion of Elements, allowing to do elem reflect map (making the 8 mods maps challenge easier) and seems to grant a good chunk of survivability (pob said something like +43K effective hit pool from 100K-ish). In map i barely see the buff loosing damage, and i die less often while doing stupid stuff (ie : alch&go with lot of stuff and zoom zoom).

If anyone have suggestions to improve even further, i'd gladly take, thanks !
Последняя редакция: CaMarchePas. Время: 12 янв. 2023 г., 2:03:18

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация