[3.24]Herald of Agony CI -The dirty Scorpion-tail|Inbuilt Mageblood|Minion-Pathfinder|2M Ehp|50-150M

The allstars in [3.21] Cruicible

In every end of the league I try to summarize the aspects of the Arachnophobia and the Arachnophilia Allstars. Let's trial again.

😀

Cruicible mechanics

Скрытый текст

There were so many great notes for aegis aurora shield like25% spellsuppression, 4% cold-resis or autocasted gravity / void sphere for 55 virulences on 2 sec cooldowns.

One fullchannelled cruicible-boss was able to remove flask charges and effects, so you needed kiting with the pathfinder ascendancy.

Poison HoA vs. Poison SRS

Скрытый текст

The league was dominated again by the most strongest meta ever seen in all minion builds. 85% (!) played poisonscaled summon raging spirits, and all streamers promoted the skill and skulls.

Against ubers the srs-builds have some bigger ups - more freedom in movement and more automatic targeting. But the HoA is much feaster when you focus on mapping.

Improvements of the build

Скрытый текст

Gear

Скрытый текст

Malachais Loop shield was added as cheap variation before you can get an aegis aurora. Linked in anomalous powercharges on crit for storm burst adds fast the charges for Gravens secret belt and is a very tanky alternative as CI. It's also chosen in the Arachnophoibiatic pathfinder-ascendancy as default gear.

Leaderboards and Leaguestart

Скрытый текст

It was a beautiful leaderboard of Arachnophilia again! With only a few, but very successful Arachnophobiatics, crawling on day 5 into the guardian-boards!

The Great Commander Luetjeminze climbed fast the leaderboards as pathfinder.
Chromino followed one day later and reached HoA-pathfinder-rank 8 with pleasure.

Trading

Скрытый текст

After 5 days in league most prices were lower as in last leagues.

Arakaali's 40 chaos, aegis aurora 2 div, aul's 1 div. Clusters nice 5 chaos, severed in sleep 2 chaos.

Many great b.i.s. implicits on the helmet like the 90% manamultiplier or onslaught on circle of nostalgia and aegis aurora were cheap available on the market, great small rare and unique medium clusterjewels were early cheap in good numbers in trade. Uul Netov's Vow amulet was extreme cheap or also the squire when wanted.

Only the belt mageblood was more expensive as in last leagues.

Popularity of the build

Скрытый текст

In [3.21] in the necro-forum the build was great rank 2 in views again like in last league.

It's still the fresh second league guiding the optimizations for necros, because the build started in may 2022 in the Occultist-ascendancy, and I never finished it as Occu because of maxing in defences and castspeed/ HoA-virulences is very expensive and hard and much easier as guardian and since 3.19 also as necro.

In the guardian forum the allstars were like in all last leagues the far most viewed build again.

Poebuilds.cc recommended again the Arachnophobia and Arachnophilia Allstars in both the ascendancies guardian and necro and both as budgetstarter as well as higher budget in variations.

PoE-Veteran Luetjeminze tried out some Palsteron-builds in leaguestart. But beeing not convinced in their tankyness and qol in endgame he continued again with an loud "Arachnophilia forever!" and maxed out the HoA build one more time again.

But: overall in the dominating 85% srs-meta much.

R.I.P. : Diablo 4

Скрытый текст

Diablo 4
Almost no endgame, boring maximizing builds almost only with legendary items, a wonderful but for an arpg boring open world and again unneeded restrictions like cooldowns dominating all builds and stash tabs like in games from the 80's last century were not much fun. One playthrough was nice for sentimentality, but diablo will never come close to poe in it's slow development speed.

Последняя редакция: Chromino. Время: 18 авг. 2023 г., 14:39:43
holy fuck this must be the worst build I have ever tried. Really not noob friendly.
Yes this build is a little difficult if you don't have a good understanding of:

1. The game
2. How HOAG works

I level from Act 3 onwards with:

Toxic Rain - Chance to Poison

HOAG - Vicious Proj - Pierce

And it's enough as we only want TR to proc the HOAG and keep it on a little. Then kite enemies. That's it.
Trying out this build.

First ups
- tanky as hell
- least clicky build I played in a while (autoflasking too stronk)

Downs
- despite studying the PoB and guide extensively, I feel lost in itemization :D
- every upgrade I discover is expensive as hell

I can't scale dmg up at all. I haven't put in a lot of budget, but I feel underperforming. Should I just start dropping defenses and go ham on damage? I haven't transitioned into poison yet. Is that the way how to move past 1mil dps?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Yeah the build is quite tricky and can get quite expensive, but i dont think you need all everythink to make it work.

But, i do agree that the guide is not always easy to follow as there are so many options.

I am also struggling with the gem links..Even though there are many possibilities, i am wonder what the best general links would be for the trigger and HOA stacks.

Currently using storm burst with CWC, FC and Fire storm for bosses, but also storm brand for general mobs (Still in campaign). But i also see acanist brand, which allows for easy curses.

Does Arcansist brand also create hoa stacks? (so you basically place brands that both curse and create hoa stacks).

I think the build is great by the way, a lot of effort was put in it!

edit: wouldnt it make sense to link stormbrand to hextouch and the 2 curses? That would both stack hoa charges and auto curse?
EDIT: no it wouldnt :)
Последняя редакция: Karetje. Время: 25 авг. 2023 г., 10:27:25
"
Karetje написал:

I am also struggling with the gem links..Even though there are many possibilities, i am wonder what the best general links would be for the trigger and HOA stacks.

Currently using storm burst with CWC, FC and Fire storm for bosses, but also storm brand for general mobs (Still in campaign). But i also see acanist brand, which allows for easy curses.

Does Arcansist brand also create hoa stacks? (so you basically place brands that both curse and create hoa stacks).

My preferred Gem-links:
- CWC + Cyclone + Desecrate + Lightning Ball
Explanation:
I don't like to stay in one place. I "dance" on the battlefield spamming balls of thunder where I am moving right now. For mapping it is my default. For bosses - i change Cyclone to Storm Burst.

- Cast When Stunned + Void Sphere + Storm Brand + Offering
Explanation:
Void Sphere is physical+chaos spell, hits many times and gives us some CC. Storm Brand stick to enemies and hit enemy and those around him. Both spells "stay" on battlefield whatever we do, so we keep stacks up even while dodging.
Offering is for additional minions buff.

- CWS + Despair + Sniper's Mark
Explanation:
Despair as a standard chaos curse, Sniper's Mark is used in mapping to generate more HoA stacks.

Firestorm after changes hits not that many times to be solid choice.
Arcanists Brand does not hit by itself - so no HoA stacks. But it can cast spells that hit, and they will. All depends on what do you need and like. I would not recommend using it TBH.

---
How to pick spell for HoA setup?
1. Spell cost at lvl 1 -> we will be low on mana and with no mana spells will not be cast even if triggered
2. Does it hit? -> each hit is a chance to apply poison, when we apply poison we get HoA stack
3. How many hits this spell can give me? Does it hit same enemy many times? -> we want as many hits as possible from one cast

Examples (don't have time to write analysis of each skill, maybe later?):
* Arc (8 mana at lvl1) - chains, hits many enemies, but hit same enemy only once -> not good
* Armagedon Brand (15 mana) - it's brand so sticks to the target, but frequency of hits scale with cast speed (and we don't invest into it) and it is one AoE hit, so it will not give us a lot of stacks -> bad
* Ball Lightning (12 mana) - cheap, does not chain like Arc, but will hit every enemy it goes near multiple times and hit frequency is constant and high -> probably best
* Winter Orb (2 mana, channeling) - we stand, channel and get auto-aiming orb that generates HoA stacks; yeah, but it is not as efficient as Storm Burst and you have to stay and chanel from time to time -> terrible :d
* Cyclone -> it sucks if we consider it as HoA stacks generator, no hits, only some mobility -> garbage (but can be used if have efficient stacks gen already)
What auras are you guys using?

I'm having difficulty turning on all my auras and I would like to know if we need to use Envy from UID?

Thanks!
++++++ 100 000 views of the Arachnophobiatics! +++++

Again the sting of agony crawls into the top rankings of most popular rangerbuilds and is the second most popular pathfinder-build of these leagues.

Thank you a lot! Let's sting!
"
breyearn написал:
What auras are you guys using?

I'm having difficulty turning on all my auras and I would like to know if we need to use Envy from UID?

Thanks!

Go first with determination for tankyness and the labs, then tempestshield to autotrigger much HoA-virulences and damage.

Following discipline should be easy to be built in with a cheap cluster self-control, last grace with sublime form or amulet.

Envy is not effective and not used.
In the pob the skill is titled "disable envy" too
Tried this out in Crucible, hoping that the Breach items would be affordable fast. Everything Breach became extremely costly due to the mechanics changes, but also outside of that the budget for some items was somewhat steep. Nearly bricked the char due to running out of currency during the life to CI transition. Luckily guild helped me out in fixing the major flaws that made it unplayable with some currency. For people following this as a league starter: Have your gear pieces etc. In place, otherwise it can be quite frustrating. Also when missing stats, these jewels with int/es based on distance from skill tree starting point can be a bit pricey at times, if missing stats like str, the alternative stat combinations can be much cheaper and a good budget option.

Personally I did not enjoy the minion/CI playstyle, HoA felt extremely clunky at times with focus and getting stuck, and without all gear pieces I had a lot of random oneshot deaths, often in the crucible setting.

Switched to another build after farming some currency.

This league I started with some sort of Trauma Flicker. While it is not really a good build so far, and I still fall over often, personally it is just more fun than waiting for that scorpion to do its work.

As a comment: The phys to chaos dmg conversion gloves for minions only require 3 white sockets as far as I know, not 4! HoA has inbuild 40% flatline phys to chaos conversion. This makes this gear piece much more affordable, e.g. from random corruption outcomes.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация