[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

where do the frenzy charges(on the pob?) come from?
"
xSTGx написал:
where do the frenzy charges(on the pob?) come from?

They come from Cold Snap and Vaal Cold Snap
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Unfortunately, seems GGG is hellbent on removing all LMB skills. Which is sad because i really like this vortex build and the way it felt before 3,23. I gave it a shot this league but its just too annoying to press vortex all the time with Q.
"
TheSymposium написал:
Unfortunately, seems GGG is hellbent on removing all LMB skills. Which is sad because i really like this vortex build and the way it felt before 3,23. I gave it a shot this league but its just too annoying to press vortex all the time with Q.

Yeah, it is unfortunate...
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
I'm gonna give this build a go as my league starter!

I wanted to play as a Witch to hear her new voice lines in Act 2, and between Chaos DoT, Cold DoT, and Minions, I wasn't sure what I wanted to play. I think there will be a lot of people gunning for Necromancers this League, which pushed me towards Cold DoT. I've done Minions and Chaos DoT before in the past, and hopefully things will go well as a Cold Dot character, which will be a new experience for me.

I'm not very good at the game (trading intimidates me, and I've only recently clocked in roughly 2.5k hrs in the game and only just got my first lvl 90 character, ever <<"), so, I'm hoping it goes well.

Edit (3/30/2024): So far so good.

Edit (3/31/2024): Still doing good. Running into mana issues and keeping multiple auras running, all of which is fixable if I had the gear and properly allocated passive spots. Just need better... *gestures vaguely at my gear*

Edit (4/1/2024): Once Act 2 rolls around dealing with mana reservation seems to be my biggest struggle right now. Just need to keep grinding, get more passive points for more mana reservation stuff on both sides of the tree. Ended up getting the left hand side first because I figured a good offense would make for a passable defense, which has worked... until now. Idk maybe I'm just not getting good gear drops. Gotta get to mapping and my 2nd/3rd Ascendancies first.
Последняя редакция: TechnOkami. Время: 1 апр. 2024 г., 4:03:10
"
TechnOkami написал:
I'm gonna give this build a go as my league starter!

I wanted to play as a Witch to hear her new voice lines in Act 2, and between Chaos DoT, Cold DoT, and Minions, I wasn't sure what I wanted to play. I think there will be a lot of people gunning for Necromancers this League, which pushed me towards Cold DoT. I've done Minions and Chaos DoT before in the past, and hopefully things will go well as a Cold Dot character, which will be a new experience for me.

I'm not very good at the game (trading intimidates me, and I've only recently clocked in roughly 2.5k hrs in the game and only just got my first lvl 90 character, ever <<"), so, I'm hoping it goes well.

Edit (3/30/2024): So far so good.

Edit (3/31/2024): Still doing good. Running into mana issues and keeping multiple auras running, all of which is fixable if I had the gear and properly allocated passive spots. Just need better... *gestures vaguely at my gear*

Edit (4/1/2024): Once Act 2 rolls around dealing with mana reservation seems to be my biggest struggle right now. Just need to keep grinding, get more passive points for more mana reservation stuff on both sides of the tree. Ended up getting the left hand side first because I figured a good offense would make for a passable defense, which has worked... until now. Idk maybe I'm just not getting good gear drops. Gotta get to mapping and my 2nd/3rd Ascendancies first.

Hope your league is going well!

The only change in 3.23 >> 3.24 is that Molten Shell cannot be used on LMB anymore. Therefore, you need to link it to Automation or Cast when Damage Taken. I prefer Automation because it allows us to use a higher level Molten Shell.

Unless you are using an unset ring (not recommended), you will need to drop Culling Strike/Faster Attacks.

The mana reservation has all been accounted for and will work fine if you follow the "Leveling Notes" section strictly. Once you get Eldritch Battery in act 6, you are no longer reliant on mana to cast skills. That's when you start running two 50% auras. In Act 7, add Defiance Banner after allocating Charisma. In Act 10, add the final 50% aura after allocating Sovereignty. Tempest Shield will only be used after the Devouring Diadem unique helmet is equipped.

Cheers~
Acquiring The Devouring Diadem alone made the build feel entirely different. I could get away with so much silliness once I had it. Hands down the single greatest power spike I've experienced playing PoE.

I also got a Watcher's Eye and a Coward's Legacy, so now I'm immune to Bleed and Corrupted Blood, as well as taking advantage of the main reason you combine the two, to cancel out the Vulnerability curse applied by Coward's Legacy. Pain Attunement is now forever.

My resistances are in shambles however, lmao. Just gotta farm (or buy) better gear, so, same song and dance really. The grind never ends.

Sadly I still don't have a 6 link, or even a 5 link yet, or any of the quality vaal skills. On top of fixing my resistances I also have to get more life across my items (sans the chest piece). The Diadem does make me feel tanky in a silly way (the additional auras likely help here too), but I've lost a lot of my theoretical hp since it became my mana bar.

Thank you for the build recommendations. I'll plug in automation as soon as I have the right colors and slots.

Regardless, it feels great to experience so far. Must needs more improvements.
Последняя редакция: TechnOkami. Время: 5 апр. 2024 г., 5:20:27
Hi! :) First of all thank you so much for your amazing build guide! Love the build and the items used.

I've been following your build guide for 3 leagues now, and I must say, I'm really impressed with the level of detail of the guide and the effectiveness of the build. I've tried a couple of other builds this league, but none have come close to the smooth feeling and fun I've had with yours.

I was wondering, do you plan on updating this build going forward with any changes that might come up in future leagues or patches? Your explanations have been incredibly helpful, and I'd love to continue using this build in future content.

Also, I would love to hear your opinion about using the Defiance of Destiny amulet. I know that I am missing quite a bit of damage using it, but I like to add extra layers of survivability to my build.

Thank you for your time and for sharing your expertise!
Последняя редакция: Meicozoptix. Время: 24 апр. 2024 г., 3:55:24

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация