New and Changed Scarabs in Path of Exile: Necropolis

"
Senyth написал:
So I see a lot of people asking for more map device slots to fit more scarabs or calling this a nerf, but since scarabs stack and some of them have limits higher than one - can you use multiple scarabs from a single stack in your map device? For example, if you use all four Harbinger scarabs but have a full stack of the regular scarab (the one that looks rusted), does your device use that one four times for +12 Harbs PLUS the bonuses from the other scarabs?

It'd feel really weird to split stacks in order to take advantage of limits, so I'm guessing you can use more than one scarab from a stack but it isn't really clear just from this preview. Might be a "try it and see" scenario. But if this is how it works, the new scarabs might be a lot more powerful than they're getting credit for.

With growing hoards you could use the same scarab, but you had to split the stack (or just use 4 stacks). I see no reason to assume it would be any different now.
Последняя редакция: Valsacar. Время: 28 марта 2024 г., 2:45:02
"
MLGonthorian написал:
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

Most people do not use 4 sextants + 4 scarabs to juice their maps, only the high end juicers and MFers do that.
The simplification is cool and better for most people, buying everything was annoying and now you can get new interesting combos with less effort.
"
demon7310 написал:
"
MLGonthorian написал:
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

Most people do not use 4 sextants + 4 scarabs to juice their maps, only the high end juicers and MFers do that.
The simplification is cool and better for most people, buying everything was annoying and now you can get new interesting combos with less effort.

Completely disagreed. In this case, it's not a matter of whether people are using it or not. It's a matter of the option to do it being taken away. What if you ran into a situation where you got a valuable item you sold for currency or dropped a mirror and had a lot of currency left over that you could spend on sextants to actually have fun in your maps or get a better return on investment? Oh, you can't now. Better rely on those 4 slots from the map device with only 4 scarabs giving a limited amount of mods and choices.

This isn't a simplification, it's a removal of choice disguised as a quality of life feature yet they know deep down what they really did to endgame juicing by removing the sextants. Read this over for me https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/List_of_sextant_mods

Now after reading that, go take a look at what you got with the new scarabs and tell me it's even close to what you had going with sextants. It's not. It's a worse system, a severe nerf to endgame juicing possibilities and is another mechanic changed for a worse one.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Heist nerfed.
No additional Smuggler's Caches (sextants removed)
No implicits on contracts (sextants removed)
No heist scarabs
I can see people are using arguments here that those sextants nerfs were compensated by new atlas passives tree. Most of that compensation is done by adding new branches on that tree. It only means that you will need to allocate additional points there and number of points did no increase (beside that one notable that's adding 20 passive points but you can't use scarabs).

So on top of sextants nerf we are being also forced to move atlas passive point to force some mechanics previously provided by sextants or master missions. Actually that's a double nerf. It's true that situation is the same for all players but it's greatly decrease customization for you mapping experiance and PoE was always famous for the varity of options it provides to the player base. Why suddenly they start to limit this? There's a long way to try to dumb it down to D4 level but why even start to try this? :D
"
demon7310 написал:
"
MLGonthorian написал:

Completely agree, was too tedious for me to bother with sextants I hated it, so I'm really hyped for this change, looks so much more fun this way, good job GGG
Amazing. Can't wait for the league start!!
Nice
Domination Scarab of Terrors - Does "Guardians" mean (shaper, elder, conqueror) Guardians or does it mean Map bosses?

Weird wording.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация