BM/MC, Aura mechanics and builds and MC Suggestion

"
ScrotieMcB написал:
Since this got necro'd:
"
mattw написал:
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
My analysis is a little better, although perhaps less suitable for layman reading.
I think your analysis paints a very extreme edge case that has only a tiny bit more marginal utility than my heavy aura-user, while ignoring the low-end user completely.
I have softened a little on the "marginal utility" side of things. A "50% less" version of MC would make that extreme edge case build stronger... but not ridiulously stronger. When I first responded to this thread, I lost sight of an important design principle: a little OP is actually a good thing, because players want their characters to feel a little OP. (I still feel "60% less" would be too much.)

That said, I haven't softened at all on the "extreme edge case" or "low-end user" fronts. Preventing (degeneratively) OP builds is not a matter of considering the low-end user, it's almost entirely a matter of considering the edge cases, those builds trying very hard to break the game. As such I am STAUNCHLY opposed to adding any form of "reduced" to MC, as that modifier obviously benefits dedicated auramancers far more than it benefits your average BM keystone user — better to have more "less" than ANY form of reduction.

Nevertheless, I expect at 50% dedicated Shavs-wearing auramancers would be the primary party interested in MC. And that's fine. Not every node should be attractive to everyone; the reason for sticking with "less" and avoiding "reduced" is to expand MC's appeal the widest audience through versatility, not to make it an auto-include for all BMK builds.

Even in terms of low-end users, you need to understand the drawback is solo only. In a large party, a BM keystone user with no personally equipped auras can expect to gain all aura benefits. So it's important to target solo BMK builds more than party BMK.

Thus I'd recommend this keystone, not adjacent to BMK but close enough to combo with it (in a similar manner to IR+US):
Sever the Tie
You do not receive Debuffs from Curses
You do not receive Buffs from Auras

That last bit is hilarious to me, Scrotie. Just the other day I was telling a friend that I wished there was a Keystone that nullified the effects of both auras and curses on the player.

Otherwise, I don't have much to add other than BM is much worse now than it used to be.

I understand the overall re-structure of the auras, but I really liked using the BM keystone with flat auras in OB. It felt... right.
Team Won
"
ggnorekthx написал:
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
Sever the Tie
That last bit is hilarious to me, Scrotie. Just the other day I was telling a friend that I wished there was a Keystone that nullified the effects of both auras and curses on the player.
But I'm serious. The biggest problems with BMK are solo and endgame; the proposed keystone targets both issues in an elegant manner.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
"
ggnorekthx написал:
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
Sever the Tie
But I'm serious. The biggest problems with BMK are solo and endgame; the proposed keystone targets both issues in an elegant manner.

I know you're serious, I am too! It was only hilarious that we both thought of essentially the exact same Keystone.

And I thought that would be a great idea for a BM build as well. No auras is a little scary, but the ability to solo maps with curse mods on them for "free" would make up for it.
Team Won
"
ggnorekthx написал:
"
ScrotieMcB написал:

I know you're serious, I am too! It was only hilarious that we both thought of essentially the exact same Keystone.

And I thought that would be a great idea for a BM build as well. No auras is a little scary, but the ability to solo maps with curse mods on them for "free" would make up for it.

I am pretty sure you cannot decurse yourself with this keystone in maps - the mechanics in curse-mod maps make it a default state and mobs can apply a second curse on you. I don't see how this keystone would make mapping any easier if that's the case. And if GGG could work around it, I don't see why they would because that would be OP.

Also, it would make PvP really unbalanced.

@Scrotie: you let me know when a Shav's wearer will invest in BMK, and point that build out to me. I'm still waiting on that bit of theorycrafting that I consider nonsensical.

Let me reiterate - the issue with BMK is SURVIVABILITY. In a party session, one can get all aura benefits for free, which I do not consider OP as it applies to other members in the party that do not use the same auras as each other - it is not a mutually-exclusive event as BMK users get slightly more auras to benefit from. (Clarity doesn't) In solo, BMK users only defense is really to stack life and more life... which just about every other build can do and do it.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Последняя редакция: Islidox. Время: 25 янв. 2014 г., 13:26:10
The facts is that almost no-one uses the blood magic passive and completely no-one uses the blood magic support gems (unless they want low life to proc).

Also taking more than 1 set of reduction nodes is so expensive as to be prohibitive so unless you gimp your build of other essential stats only 2 auras are available, theory crafting more than that while interesting is ultimately pointless.

The way they "fixed" the aura problem was incompetent to say the least but GGG has their policy of totally ignoring any criticism and never ever admitting they made a mistake, and thats their right as the game makers but it doesn't mean we have to like it.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Последняя редакция: maxor. Время: 26 янв. 2014 г., 11:18:00
"
Islidox написал:
@Scrotie: you let me know when a Shav's wearer will invest in BMK, and point that build out to me. I'm still waiting on that bit of theorycrafting that I consider nonsensical.
They don't, but:
1) there are dedicated auramancer builds using Shav's and Prism Guardian to reserve auras on life (but without BMK). Of these builds, a small number are "dedicated" and grab the aura cluster near BMK; most do not, content with the aura nodes in the top half of the passive tree.
2) if MC gave 50% less or better, dedicated builds would grab BMK to run one extra (max-increased-effect) aura OR could run the same number but without having to wear Alpha's Howl (which means more ES and better survivability).

As I was saying, my error was in saying there should be zero benefit for spending 2 extra passive points (dedicated auramancers would grab ALL aura nodes anyway, thus be in the area); making a very niche build better isn't gamebreaking.

In short, improving MC more would bring those builds into existence... and over buffing MC would lead to those builds being OP. I acknowledge I'm talking about a currently nonexistent variant of a (real) build; my point, which should be self-evident, is an extremely powerful ____-buffing node is most likely to be exploited by builds which specialize in ____(s), and therefore must be balanced from that perspective.

To explain the auramancer perspective as succinctly as possible: BMK essentially allows you to ignore BM support's mana cost multiplier, but drops your total reservation resources from 200% (100% mana, 100% life) to just 100%. MC at 40% less increases the 100% to 166%; 50% less to 200%; 60% less to 250%. The third set of values listed is potentially dangerous from a balance perspective; the middle is essentially the same amount of resources but allows auramancer builds to ignore BMS's MCM and socket usage, which is arguably justifiable given the passive point cost for travel to BMK.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Последняя редакция: ScrotieMcB. Время: 26 янв. 2014 г., 13:31:24
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
"
Fruz написал:
No, you got it wrong, read what I said "no reduced mana to use 3 on prism guardian"
Do you have sources on how GGG rounds the number ? You can always round the 8.7%.
In maths, rounded before than the end always kinda screws up the result, that's why I didn't round it at all here.
When it comes to not using Reduced Mana support, you're right, it would be 9%. My bad on that one. Also, source.

Reading your source, you got it wrong. Not the percentages, but the numerical values are rounded. So there is such a thing as a "8.7%" aura. It will reserve 8.7% of your Mana, which only then is rounded down - so, e.g. you have 100 mana, The aura would reserve 8.7 Mana, but since Mana has to be an integer it is rounded down to 8 Mana.
That way, the difference is way smaller than you thought. Might've confused rounding up and rounding down here but you get my point.

"
maxor написал:
The facts is that almost no-one uses the blood magic passive and completely no-one uses the blood magic support gems (unless they want low life to proc).

I agree with not using the keystone, except for leveling, but i completely disagree with the support gem. Being able to reserve 100% of your mana and support your resource costs with life leech that you will have anyway, at least on physical builds is great to have, since auras are very powerful. You could achieve the same with mana leech or a clarity on your health, but that means you need enough unreserved mana to be able to cast your (possibly quite expensive) skill. This would require quite a lot of investment in reduced Mana reservation and/or Mana pool. With the support gem you take up a gem slot but gain space to spend your passive points and get gear without +mana.
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
"
ggnorekthx написал:
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
Sever the Tie

Oh, that's a great idea. I run a lvl 80+ trapper with BM and don't use any auras (as they are just not worth it as BM)...this keystone would be sweet indeed.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
maxor написал:

Many people use both the BM passive as well as the BM as the core of their build.

moral conviction should do something other than reduce mana cost of auras. why do we need to encourage both archetypes to use auras?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
As a curious possibility for a totally different Mortal Conviction,

Make every skill activation apply a stack of Corrupted Blood to all enemies in a small AoE around you dealing the same damage as the skill cost in total over 5 seconds. Stacks up to 20 times, each tracked separately like burning (to avoid 19 stacks with of little damage to overwrite to 20 stacks of an extremely expensive skill) with the 20 highest applying.

If it needs some sort of downside, also applies that effect to yourself.

And yeah, probably useless or overpowered. But might be interesting...
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация