1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
smartybarty написал:
CoDT is now completely useless because you either die before its procs or the mobs are gone before it procs...
no use getting 1 endurance charge and a curse in if it takes a few K dmg to proc it.

the gem didnt even work for me when i lvled it by accident to lvl7 i had to buy a new one.
i think you just made it completely useless...

You know that you can reduce the lvl of the gem if you vendor it with an scouring orb right?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
i believe in providing constructive feedback.

i believe knowledge is essential before constructive feedback can be provided.

everyone that's whining now? pls save your angst till you've tested the damn thing. seriously. (there's some constructive feedback here, so i'm not targeting those guys)

GGG's not perfect, there ARE nerfs that they've messed up in the past which they've then had to fix. The most obvious to me of which is auras for blood magic.

BUT their track record with nerfs in my opinion have been pretty good so far

gem/item swapping for auras
iron reflexes
60% auras
circle path around scion
cooldown for CODT

All the above nerfs the whined to death with people threatening to quit etc. But guess what, game release turned out fine (either by virtue of the nerf already being ok or GGG tweaking it further just before the nerf was released) and you guys are still loving the game enough to post here. i'd also argue that the game was made better because of the above

instinctively, i can see why you guys are upset, but i can also see some nuance in the thinking behind the nerf (level requirement vs gem level). try it out first guys, and if that still doesn't work out for you, then continue your whining (but i'd rather it be constructive feedback than whining...)
"
raics написал:
Riiight, as soon as it stops being blatantly OP it's instantly worthless, eh?

The problem is, that at current damage thresholds, it is worthless.

On good defense characters (like 14-18K armor pre-Granite, 50-60% block), it doesn't fire often enough even at lvl 1 to be reliable. On weaker characters (like typical no-armor mere-evasion caster), keeping it on low level for use with low lever gems is not worth the sockets, and leveling transforms this gem into Cast on Death one.

Let's put this stright: design of this gem is horrible mistake from GGG side, it almost like they didn't knew what they are doing and nerfing it only make it worse.

It would be probably better to take it from game and redesign completely. For me it was fun to use it, I had the best two weeks in year of playing PoE. Now, my CwDT will be stashed in waiting for GGG move.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Последняя редакция: tmaciak. Время: 12 нояб. 2013 г., 5:46:56
Oh and nothing about the DoT improvments that were supposedly pushed back to this patch. Apparently nerfing your game to the ground takes priority.
The Cast On Damage Taken change seems very rushed and not that well thought out. It will break almost all CoDT+Molten shell builds but for most CoDT+curse builds they are almost unaffected. Also If someone has a 4link CoDT with 3 other level 19+ gems I doubt they can level CoDT fast enough to not break the build on patch day even if they played 24/7
IGN: @AxeLond_MoltenRF

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hazelgnash
"
dlrr написал:
i believe in providing constructive feedback.

i believe knowledge is essential before constructive feedback can be provided.

everyone that's whining now? pls save your angst till you've tested the damn thing. seriously. (there's some constructive feedback here, so i'm not targeting those guys)

GGG's not perfect, there ARE nerfs that they've messed up in the past which they've then had to fix. The most obvious to me of which is auras for blood magic.

BUT their track record with nerfs in my opinion have been pretty good so far

gem/item swapping for auras
iron reflexes
60% auras
circle path around scion
cooldown for CODT

All the above nerfs the whined to death with people threatening to quit etc. But guess what, game release turned out fine (either by virtue of the nerf already being ok or GGG tweaking it further just before the nerf was released) and you guys are still loving the game enough to post here. i'd also argue that the game was made better because of the above

instinctively, i can see why you guys are upset, but i can also see some nuance in the thinking behind the nerf (level requirement vs gem level). try it out first guys, and if that still doesn't work out for you, then continue your whining (but i'd rather it be constructive feedback than whining...)

I came here to post more or less this :)

Other than that: GREAT WORK, GGG

Although I mis the damage-over-time- patch ;)
CODT was one of the better thing that happened to PoE recently and got me back to the game! Not any more sadly :/
Your game lags and desyncs like no other and yet all you seem to want to do is "balance" skills in an action rpg.
"
Chris написал:
Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.

Quote because I am pretty sure there are still people who can't read.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Chris написал:
"
elitedesolator написал:
They also decided to buff group play again with the increased monster health part.

It's more and more obvious that they're trying to force group play now.

The much higher monster life in 1.0.0 for groups has really disincentivised playing in them. There was a major shift towards solo play. That's why we reduced the new group monster health bonus slightly in this patch.

Every player contributes around 80% more dps. The health increase of mobs was moot at best, it only mattered when you separated from the group, which shouldn't happen, or if party aoe was bad and nobody focus fired.

Parties got a huge buff to auras, solo players got a huge nerf. Coupled with the fact that when in a party ele status on mobs is still calculated from the monster's base hp, it's still far easier for a group to keep a pack of mobs completely frozen/shocked with any dedicated ele prolif player.

I remember when this was posted this in the Dev Manifesto, now nowhere to be found(from what I can tell)

"
Our core design goal for the multiplayer aspects of Path of Exile is that multiplayer and singleplayer are equally viable. We're often quoted as saying that we want to make sure the whole game can be soloed (a lot of people prefer to play this way). The less quoted philosophy is that we want the game to actually be challenging when playing with a group.

Equally viable...not simply viable, but equally viable.

As of now that statement should be more akin to "Our core design is to allow parties to advance faster and have every edge over solo players, solo play is still viable, but parties will lvl faster, having better items, and be able to run end game content consistently"

As for the challenging when playing in a group part.
parties get more XP, more iir/iiq, have more dps per player because of auras, have more survivability from more auras and splitting monster damage/focus. Put simply, parties are easier than solo.

When a new league starts, who's always the first to the top ten? The people in the parties. Who finishes the top ten? members of those parties who didn't die/died less. There's not a single solo player that can make it on the ladder top 50 let alone 10 w/o parting for the majority of their run. Sure the few guys who solo while the rest of the party members are working/sleeping will get ahead, but the party enabled all of that.

I don't really mind if the ladder was meant mostly for parties to top, but calling solo play viable in the end game is just plain wrong. W/O a stockpile of orbs that one can only get from RMT or spending more time hustling goods than actually playing, no solo player can keep a end game map base in the 70+. Maybe we weren't supposed to run 70+ maps consistently, but parties can do it, solo players can't.

Hands down parties have every leg-up over solo players

IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация