A Beginner's Guide to Racing

"
IRISHx написал:
So what are the chances of recieving some kind of points in any of the races for a 1st time casual gamer like myself. Whats an acceptable point target? 15 points? 300 points? etc. I did participate in one of the test races and enjoyed it so I'm just trying to get a feel for the races. If I'm not going to get any points, but complete the race, then I probably wont go long in the season.

I get a few points per race. I'm not hardcore by any means. I just play for fun. Those points do add up over time, so you can usually get one or two items off the list without even really trying.
so basicaly,
the pros win all the time because they have planned the routes and employ proven techniques!
so finding a snowball in hell will easy for casual players..
i cannot see the point of bothering.
where is the data sheet ? showing the runners and winners of every event done so far.
does it show the same players all the time ? be interesting to see the info.
"
majesw написал:
It is tough to get the higher race rewards when I am limited to 3-4 races a week due to the schedule.

There is really only one way to fix this...
GGG could open up a race or a few races all day. Players can start whenever and have their own timers. Results post at the end of the day.

This means I could go home, sit down, start a race, finish, eat dinner, then start another. All of this takes place on my own schedule.

I don't know how feasible it is to program, but it would be awesome to do it this way.

I was reading up to here(page 9 i think). This seems like the best idea in the first nine pages. I know people complain about european racing times and not U.S. But I still havent been able to play in a race because they are so far and few between, that when one does come up when I can play its probably solo, and my friends want to play with me. Whats the point of me running very few races when races clearly favor the players that have no other games they play, or no job. Practice, Practice, Practice they tell me, but clearly i dont have time. I can't help but feel that races are always going to be for the powergaming few until something like this opens it up to people with less flexible schedules. If I could do a race on my own time I would start trying, but there is little point when I know that being able to play so few of them, I'm going to suck and certainly not get any reasonable ammount of points. Plus the rewards seem weak unless your into trading. Can I have something thats just good to play as is?

just my two cents,
dont blow up on me powergamers!
"
Frank___The___Tank написал:
I am just a casual player. I might play 6 hours per week. I like doing the races. I'm not very good, but 6 or 7 races and I get a little bonus. That's pretty cool. Maybe if I get a little better I can get a couple more rewards. It seems odd to get so upset about an alternate play area in a free game though. You enter for free and don't even have to do very well to get something back for free. There's no downside. If you feel it's not worth your time, your not forced to do it. It's completely separate. The rage posts mystify me. You weren't cheated, insulted, ripped off, or treated poorly, so relax.

I do wish the schedule was different though. I live on the east coast of the US and they are the worst for me. I work from 6 am to 6pm. All of the races are from 6am to 6pm. I might get 1 race during the week. Other than that it's weekends only. At least you European guys could choose to skip sleep. I can't choose to skip work. So why not just add more races and have them start every few hours around the clock. Then anyone can catch a race anytime.

In Magic online, they do on demand 8 man drafts. As soon as the event gets 8 people, it begins. Could you do an on demand race? As soon as it gets 100 people it fires and a new one opens for registration. 100 was just a number for the heck of it, but you get the idea.

The problem that can occur with that is a possible increase in multi clients just for a race to start

Why not just schedule more daily races to suit European timezone's and limit the total races you can participate in daily?
Последняя редакция: Uaon. Время: 12 дек. 2013 г., 0:12:36
"
Frank___The___Tank написал:
I am just a casual player. I might play 6 hours per week. I like doing the races. I'm not very good, but 6 or 7 races and I get a little bonus. That's pretty cool. Maybe if I get a little better I can get a couple more rewards. It seems odd to get so upset about an alternate play area in a free game though. You enter for free and don't even have to do very well to get something back for free. There's no downside. If you feel it's not worth your time, your not forced to do it. It's completely separate. The rage posts mystify me. You weren't cheated, insulted, ripped off, or treated poorly, so relax.

I do wish the schedule was different though. I live on the east coast of the US and they are the worst for me. I work from 6 am to 6pm. All of the races are from 6am to 6pm. I might get 1 race during the week. Other than that it's weekends only. At least you European guys could choose to skip sleep. I can't choose to skip work. So why not just add more races and have them start every few hours around the clock. Then anyone can catch a race anytime.

In Magic online, they do on demand 8 man drafts. As soon as the event gets 8 people, it begins. Could you do an on demand race? As soon as it gets 100 people it fires and a new one opens for registration. 100 was just a number for the heck of it, but you get the idea.

good idea, spontaneous user generated races. Everyone interested would que up their
vote to start and begin receiving updates on the status of the proposed race. how
many opted in out of a max required, and then a 5 minute countdown to give players
some time to get ready (they will be trading or farming as they wait for the que to
fill if it ever does)

these would have to be specialized for low population and low stakes races because
of the potential for some overactive users to just dominate by quantity of races done.
this would be even more for funzies than any other race. Few people other than casuals
would opt into one if there was a better race schedualed... or thats my thinking on how
these types of races should fit into the grander scheme.

I like the idea... but its only reasonable if theres a large body of underserved
would be racers who might not even care about ladder play anymore. let them race
if so :D

the amount of people who would "live" in league is maybe close to the amount
of a ladder's population, if that is true... they need substantial race
opportunities in which to playout their version of poe.
"
@ Original Post

Thank you for the great guide, but I think in all the explanation about the races, you forgot to actually state what to DO during a race. What is the goal? The objective?

In in my mind, a race is when there is a point A and a point B and whoever physically runs from point A to point B the fastest wins the race. But then there is experience mentioned in the guide, so maybe that is not the case?

Is it a race of who can progress through the main storyline the fastest?
A race of who can rack up the most monster kills?
A race of who can run from the first area of an act to the last area of the act the fastest?
A race of who can accumulate the highest level/experience points the fastest?
A race of who can collect the most rare items?

Or something else entirely. I applaud you for writing up this great guide but you missed the most important part! What is the objective of the race?

Thank you in advance for your response.
I think the solo race should start by the players themselves, at any convenient time. It does not violate the general concept of party competition.
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
Do reward points carry over? E.g. I'm wondering if i should even join this season since it is half over and I only would have time to play a few
Honestly I'd just like to see more races running- There should be at least one race starting every hour IMHO. People shouldn't have to plan their lives/schedule around the game to play races- They should be confidant that whenever they do log on, there's a new race starting soon.

Also I think every time any race starts they should actually start 2 races: a solo version and a group version which have otherwise the same ruleset/time limit.

All in all having a lot more races and always ahving access to solo races would give less experienced players a shot at getting more points then just the "X points for surviving to level Y"- After all even the experienced races aren't on 24/7- by comparisont he current relative scarcity of races means the best guys try to hit nearly every one.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
As I only play POE with a friend or two, I also second the idea that each race should have a solo version and a party version. One-hour solo should also start at same time as one-hour party =)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация