[1.1.0] ShinyGyarados' Dual Flame Totem Templar

Hello fellow Exiles!

Summary: With GGG recently buffing Flame Totems, this skill makes for a cheap and viable way of playing the game. Just lay your totems down and let them do all the dirty work. The damage scaling is very nice; your totems will stand up on their own all the way through the base game and end game maps. Place your totems down and watch everything burn!

1.1.0 Skill Tree:
Скрытый текст
http://tinyurl.com/o57bmg7

Rough idea of what this build will look like in 1.1.0, I need to play more with this character to see!

Pros and Cons
Скрытый текст
Pros:
- Cheap! NO UNIQUES are absolutely required for this build to be effective.
- Easy playstyle. Your Flame Totems will do the all the work.
- Great for parties. Swap out one gem for IIR and/or Culling Strike to give your party a boost.
- Easy to stay out of trouble. Your totems will attract much of the attention away from you.

Cons:
- Mana Cost. Although this is manageable, you might need gear with +Mana and +Mana Regeneration Rate as linking gems to Flame Totem will make its mana cost go up significantly. This shouldn't be a problem as you get further into the game.
- Playstyle may be boring for some.

Build Progression (NOT APPLICABLE AS OF 1.1.0, SEE ABOVE)
Скрытый текст
Starting Off (25 Points):
Here is what your tree should look like very early game. Basic spells such as Freezing Pulse or Fireball will get you through just fine up through this point.
Скрытый текст

Ancestral Bond + Ironwood (39 Points):
Here is when you start using Flame Totem as your main skill. The next step is to head down to the Ironwood passive to give your totems a nice health and defense boost.
Скрытый текст

Holy Strength + Shamanistic Fury (50 Points):
This is when your totems will get a really nice DPS boost. The 3% increased Buff Effect from Holy Strength isn't much, but it will definitely help your Clarity Aura. Grab the +30 Dexterity node if your gear doesn't have enough Dexterity to level GMP.
Скрытый текст

Shaper + Totemic Mastery (64 Points):
Here your totems will get much more life and survivability and you will get well-needed mana regeneration.
Скрытый текст

Purity of Flesh + Immolation + Fire Walker + Elemental Dominion (81 Points):
Here your totems will gain +86% fire damage. Purity of Flesh will increase your health pool by a significant amount, the added Chaos Resists are an added bonus. The order in which you get all these keystones doesn't matter, whatever you feel you need first. (Life or DPS)
Скрытый текст

Life + Sentinel + Totem Buffs (93 points, my current build as of writing this)
The totem cluster directly south of the Scion will further make your totems more awesome. Sentinel and Life nodes will add a well-needed defense boost as well on your journey there.

*Note: Totem Range is only useful if you have a Faster Projectiles gem linked to your totems. Otherwise, it is not recommended to take this node, rather allocate your skill point somewhere else.
Скрытый текст

End-Game Goal! (114 Points)
Finishing up this build, grab all the +8% totem damage nodes we didn't get, and grab other various cast speed, mana, and spell damage nodes near the Scion and Witch. If you feel like you need more life, feel free to complete the life circle in place of getting other nodes. This is just a suggestion, the last skill points are really up to you.
Скрытый текст

Noteworthy Final Node Suggestions
Скрытый текст
Inner Force: This will buff your Clarity Aura.

Reduced Mana Nodes: These are always nice! The two +5% and the +7% will cut your totem mana cost by quite a bit.

Life: Always good if you want more survivablility.

Minion Nodes + Minion Instability: These act like homing fire bombs! Really cool to implement especially on tough bosses. Cast Raise Zombie + Minion Life + Minion Damage while the boss focuses on your totems.

Aura Nodes: Nice to have to boost your Clarity and other auras you may be using.

Bandit Rewards
Скрытый текст
Normal: Help Oak (+40 Life)
Cruel: Kill all (Skill point)
Merciless: Kill all (Skill point)

Gems and Links
Скрытый текст
Flame Totem
Скрытый текст
4L: Flame Totem + Fire Penetration + *GMP + Faster Casting
5L: Flame Totem + Fire Penetration + *GMP + Faster Casting + Added Chaos Damage
6L: Flame Totem + Fire Penetration + *GMP + Faster Casting + Added Chaos Damage + **Faster Projectiles/Iron Will/Totem Resistance

*Note: You may need +Dexterity gear in order to have enough Dexterity to level this gem.

**Note: I have not completely experimented with 6L so I am not sure of the optimal sixth link. The last 6L gems are just suggestions.

Mobility
Скрытый текст
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

Curses
Скрытый текст
Flammability and Projectile Weakness. I find Flammability to be better as it causes your totems to deal the most damage. However, at earlier levels when your totems don't have lots of life, it may be wise to use PW so monsters have a tougher time reaching your totems.

Auras
Скрытый текст
Clarity + Determination + Purity of Elements + Reduced Mana. Clarity is a must to keep up with the mana hungry totems, and the other two are as you see fit. I don't find either of them necessary unless I come across a tough boss or unique monster when I need my defenses to be as high as possible.

Gear
Скрытый текст

As you can see, my gear is really not the best. This just goes to show how non-gear dependent this build is. You don't need that great of gear to make it through the game and end maps with Flame Totems.

Thanks for reading, discussion and feedback welcome!

*Edit 1: Added Noteworthy Final Node Suggestions under Build Progression.
*Edit 2: Updated final skill tree for 1.1.0
Последняя редакция: CaptainJingles. Время: 7 марта 2014 г., 21:33:07
As an extra thing to be aware of you can still do damage with traps and mines as well as minions. I have a pretty similar build to your but for some extra gems slots i'm using zombies+minion hp+minion resistance to tank some damage and freeze mine+ele prolif+cold pen+added cold to freeze things
is this hardcore viable?
"
Leiona7 написал:
is this hardcore viable?
I have only played this character on Standard, but I would say yes. Your totems attract the attention and as long as you make smart totem placements and stay back from dangerous mobs you should be fine.
Thanks for the build! Will this still work even if my skill tree is all the way filled out? Finally, what was the inspiration behind your name? Just curious
Hi, thanks for the guide. I have a question though. What content are u able to solo? I'd like to roll this build but I play solo most of the time and solo-ing piety/dominus and some maps would be great.

And what about Infernel Mantle? Would suit the build well I think.
Последняя редакция: erikdeknegt. Время: 26 янв. 2014 г., 11:18:54
Follow me, @D_TownPaul
Totem range is useless for flame totem. All another is fine. I tried out. 15hr gampeplay lvl68. No rushing. Just chill. (with full mf gear) Solo.
"
erikdeknegt написал:
Hi, thanks for the guide. I have a question though. What content are u able to solo? I'd like to roll this build but I play solo most of the time and solo-ing piety/dominus and some maps would be great.

And what about Infernel Mantle? Would suit the build well I think.
I was able to solo up through Merciless. However, I never tried soloing Dominus or Piety as I always party up when facing these two. As for Infernal Mantle, if you have it go for it.
Последняя редакция: CaptainJingles. Время: 26 янв. 2014 г., 13:20:23
"
zeebra написал:
Totem range is useless for flame totem. All another is fine. I tried out. 15hr gampeplay lvl68. No rushing. Just chill. (with full mf gear) Solo.
The reason I took Totem Range is because when I allocated it I had Faster Projectiles linked to my totems. I should point that out.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация