1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
BldSwtTrs написал:
Chris, the evangelist nerf is understandable, but the smoke mine nerf is completely unreasonable. There is no reason you should take away utility/easy of life from a build. Smoke mine is what made summoners playable imo. Being able to save your spectres and minions is HUGE. Playing a summoner is going to be a huge headache.

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

I'll show you a gleaming example of this. Clearly whoever is making unique items does not understand the full potential of certain builds. Windripper is by far the best elemental bow in the game, infact the DPS one can achieve is similar if not surpassing that of a PERFECT mirrored bow. On top of that it has added rarity and quantity stats. How exactly does this slip past those designing uniques? they clearly don't understand elemental builds very well. The second I saw that bow, I knew ppl would be running around with 30k+ potential split arrow.

I do enjoy items that inspire builds, build design is the only reason I play the game. But if your intentions is to keep uniques on a lower tier than rares, you really fucked up with that bow. And it was glaringly obvious. Not to mention split arrow and bow builds have the most efficient and quickest clear speed in the game, by a decent margin.

Meanwhile you continue nerfing builds based around whatever the flavor of the month is. Take a different approach, this method kills player retention. If you make a league that pigeon holes people, you should expect to see one build rise to the top. Experiment with one week races, nerf between leagues, and make sure you REALLY understand the psychology of hardcore, before you add a bunch of one shot boss's and kill your league.

+1

Well said. I am really frustrated by this patch. I hope GGG has a quick remedy in the pipelines.
"
Mythicpoe написал:
So... I don't see the fix to summoner snapshotting in this patch?
Smite them Chris.

no. no snapshot fixing on an ad hoc basis.

fix it right - and fix it everywhere.

that will take some time.
"
Archetype90 написал:
"
BldSwtTrs написал:

When I read patch notes these days, more often than not it seems as though GGG doesn't actually play their own game. At least not in the sense that it's meant to be played "hardcore". This is extremely evident in your balancing and nerfing. Nerfs often kill builds, this shouldn't be the case. And balancing seems to be quick, dirty, and over/under tuned.

On a side note, I don't even like playing summoners. But the smoke mine ability made the build, once snap shoting is gone the build will be all but dead.

Well said. I am really frustrated by this patch. I hope GGG has a quick remedy in the pipelines.

generally i agree with the points made.

however fixing snapshotting will _not_ kill summoners as the GGG team will, hopefully, rebalance around a snapshot free situation.

however the constant micro-tweaks to balance are really annoying.

it puts you in the position of always, always having to second guess the developers as to what they are going to nerf and make sure you don't build around it.

RF is next folks.

"
Kullevi написал:
-Undying Evangelists now appear less frequently within their packs.
-Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.
-Smoke Mine no longer teleports your minions with you when detonated.

Rolled my first ever summoner yesterday. Looks like I can delete it :P

same here. deleting it when i get home tonight. LOL
www.twitch.tv/knowfear823

IGN: knowfear
I will add my voice. The smoke mine nerf for minion's is totally overboard. As others have said they are not controllable, get stuck on ledges, in rooms etc. It makes no sense to take this away but add nothing.
"
knowfear написал:
"
Kullevi написал:
-Undying Evangelists' Proximity Shields have a shorter duration, and they use it less often.

Yeah same here, invasion. Very frustrating. Doubt I'll delete or roll anything else. Maybe time for a break.

Последняя редакция: Crandore. Время: 7 апр. 2014 г., 11:56:00
nice.. so.. summoners are pretty much useless right now.

oh.. and i like the desync fix! finally!

jk
Hmm seems some of the box loot tabkes are still messed up. Didnt see a fix for it in the patch notes.

Example with a mod of extra for items rare arcanist strong box will have mods of 1423% rarities, 4 extra items, protected by a rouge exile. When all mobs are cleared it drops 4 white items almost every time so far that I have had the extra 4 item mod.

Has hqplened with strong boxes too. A few times but not as often with gem cutters.

Good patch notes over all tho lookforward to logging and check it out.
"
knowfear написал:
"
Kullevi написал:

same here. deleting it when i get home tonight. LOL

Two minor changes, which I've never used on successful summoners, and you're giving up on the whole build?

Pathetic.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Count me in with those who had no idea smoke mine even did this. Business as usual...

I've been using tentacle miscreations as my specters... business as usual...
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация