[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
Solanales написал:
He's doing a different style of build. He doesn't take MoM. He just went for more life nodes and dropped MoM entirely so he's free to reserve his mana without causing issues for life pool. It's just a different way to build.

Removing Feeding Frenzy from skellies doesn't hurt their clear from what I've found. Personally I still run with MoM as it's just my preference, but I've also removed Feeding Frenzy from skellies as it didn't really help much. I just drop them into packs and they kill.

Frankly the more I think about it the more the idea is decent on paper. Especially with Doryani where more life means more ES. Spirit Offering is also more life => more ES. 20% of your max life in ES from Doryani, another 20% from Spirit Offering. 40% total. If you achieve 9k life that's 3600 ES from these two (+whatever from your actual gear). Seeing how you refill the ES very fast as well with S/O it would be a good alternative to MoM. What you lose in mana you gain it in ES alone.
Forbidden Taste potion for instant full life is also even better on a huge life pool.
Also much more Armour multipliers. Karathis' necro is poorly geared yet and not really benefiting from this, but with a 1.4k armour chest with hugh life, and also strong armour on other pieces (don't forget belt!) that could be very decent.

Would give us a bit more flexibility on auras as well. You could add either Skitterbot or Aspect of the Avian (not both). Maybe also swap out Essence Worm for a +minion dmg ring although there's not much to be gained from it frankly apart from even more life as well.

In reality though all the guys I see doing that end up sacrificing a lot of passives boosting minion dps to get all the life nodes south, and the gearing requirements are super stringent on life and armour. In my PoB with my current gear (changing for wand+ Ahn's Heritage, adding another Vermillion ring) I can stretch to 7k life, and I'm nearly perfectly geared for life already. That would put me down to 1.4m dps per skelly according to PoB, so not sacrificing much. To get to 9k life you need to sacrifice so many dps nodes... In my PoB I can reach 8.5k life for 1.2m dps but that's assuming buying a couple more perfect jewels (+life/minion dmg/minion atkspd). PoB struggles to simulate extra ES under S/O but I guess my full ES should be around 3.9k then. In total that's like +1.5/2k eHP for -20% dps. One could argue we have enough dps and it's worth it. Would definitely do that for HC.

To tie up with the discussion on costs, to really benefit from that approach you need perfect life rolls on gear plus great expensive jewels. A bunch of 'to dust' is not gonna cut it.
Последняя редакция: Dragomirov. Время: 7 янв. 2020 г., 16:23:40
"
Dragomirov написал:
"
Solanales написал:
He's doing a different style of build. He doesn't take MoM. He just went for more life nodes and dropped MoM entirely so he's free to reserve his mana without causing issues for life pool. It's just a different way to build.

Removing Feeding Frenzy from skellies doesn't hurt their clear from what I've found. Personally I still run with MoM as it's just my preference, but I've also removed Feeding Frenzy from skellies as it didn't really help much. I just drop them into packs and they kill.

Frankly the more I think about it the more the idea is decent on paper. Especially with Doryani where more life means more ES. Spirit Offering is also more life => more ES. 20% of your max life in ES from Doryani, another 20% from Spirit Offering. 40% total. If you achieve 9k life that's 3600 ES from these two (+whatever from your actual gear). Seeing how you refill the ES very fast as well with S/O it would be a good alternative to MoM. What you lose in mana you gain it in ES alone.
Forbidden Taste potion for instant full life is also even better on a huge life pool.
Also much more Armour multipliers. Karathis' necro is poorly geared yet and not really benefiting from this, but with a 1.4k armour chest with hugh life, and also strong armour on other pieces (don't forget belt!) that could be very decent.

Would give us a bit more flexibility on auras as well. You could add either Skitterbot or Aspect of the Avian (not both). Maybe also swap out Essence Worm for a +minion dmg ring although there's not much to be gained from it frankly apart from even more life as well.

In reality though all the guys I see doing that end up sacrificing a lot of passives boosting minion dps to get all the life nodes south, and the gearing requirements are super stringent on life and armour. In my PoB with my current gear (changing for wand+ Ahn's Heritage, adding another Vermillion ring) I can stretch to 7k life, and I'm nearly perfectly geared for life already. That would put me down to 1.4m dps per skelly according to PoB, so not sacrificing much. To get to 9k life you need to sacrifice so many dps nodes... In my PoB I can reach 8.5k life for 1.2m dps but that's assuming buying a couple more perfect jewels (+life/minion dmg/minion atkspd). PoB struggles to simulate extra ES under S/O but I guess my full ES should be around 3.9k then. In total that's like +1.5/2k eHP for -20% dps. One could argue we have enough dps and it's worth it. Would definitely do that for HC.

To tie up with the discussion on costs, to really benefit from that approach you need perfect life rolls on gear plus great expensive jewels. A bunch of 'to dust' is not gonna cut it.

This is pretty much the conclusion I've come to. If you're really speccing out for survivability, it's hard to justify stepping away from MoM. It just adds a 2k lifepool basically for very little investment.

It's really difficult for Necros to reach a lot of HP nodes outside of the ones that we take already and I feel like sacrificing so many minion nodes in the interest of pursuing life isn't the direction I want to go.

My current build has ended up with 8.2k ehp without a shield and I have around 1.4 million dps per skellie with a 14 skellie limit. You've built even more defensively than me and still maintained really good damage numbers.

Once you get to a certain point, they just do "enough" damage. Like I'm sure you've seen the same where skellies just nuke A8 level conquerors and bosses so yeah speccing into survivability past that is a good idea.

I love the idea of some more auras but stepping away from the large extra life pool while also sacrificing damage just to add some auras doesn't seem worth to me. That's just my feelings though. I'm sure some people have good builds that go that way though.
"
Solanales написал:
"
Dragomirov написал:
"
Solanales написал:

This is pretty much the conclusion I've come to. If you're really speccing out for survivability, it's hard to justify stepping away from MoM. It just adds a 2k lifepool basically for very little investment.

It's really difficult for Necros to reach a lot of HP nodes outside of the ones that we take already and I feel like sacrificing so many minion nodes in the interest of pursuing life isn't the direction I want to go.

My current build has ended up with 8.2k ehp without a shield and I have around 1.4 million dps per skellie with a 14 skellie limit. You've built even more defensively than me and still maintained really good damage numbers.

Once you get to a certain point, they just do "enough" damage. Like I'm sure you've seen the same where skellies just nuke A8 level conquerors and bosses so yeah speccing into survivability past that is a good idea.

I love the idea of some more auras but stepping away from the large extra life pool while also sacrificing damage just to add some auras doesn't seem worth to me. That's just my feelings though. I'm sure some people have good builds that go that way though.

I like how you guys are so informed and experienced around this. I just slapped some gear together and followed a tree a friend made for me, that turns out not as desirable. I should probably fix that but dont know what direction i want to/should go.
"
Karathis написал:

I like how you guys are so informed and experienced around this. I just slapped some gear together and followed a tree a friend made for me, that turns out not as desirable. I should probably fix that but dont know what direction i want to/should go.

LOL I don't know that I'm informed or experienced. Just opinionated at times and chatty. Thanks though!
"
Solanales написал:
"
Karathis написал:

LOL I don't know that I'm informed or experienced. Just opinionated at times and chatty. Thanks though!

Necro is the only one of my builds that can do enough damage to t15 bosses to kill them within a minute so ill probably keep playing it and abandon my other characters. How do i make necro fun and should i adjust my tree?
BTW the only guy I saw approaching the 9k life was with that build (taken from a youtube video):
Скрытый текст
https://pastebin.com/UPPReATJ

I modified it a bit already in that PoB to optimise dps by simply switching skills around (he had 600k only initially vs 950k in my version).

He's kind of cheating on the gear in there with some ridiculous numbers which would end up sacrificing so much res or be silly expensive.
Also lower dps. Going back to discussion about maybe 1m dps per skelly is actually fine lol. No need for 1.5m even though I love to see it in my current PoB (I'm currently with the staff build) knowing it's missing 20% from Pride ^^
Sadly he didn't fit a Doryani in there.

I dream of finding a +1+1 wand with attack speed and minion damage to go away from my staff and back to wand + shield. But it's uncraftable as to get both minion attack speed and minion damage you need one of the two to be the 'Citaqualotl' incursion mod which you can't get via crafting.
And the +1+1 is only possible via Delve crafting, can't drop it naturally I believe.

So the idea would be to buy a wand that got an incursion mod (either dmg or speed) and one of the +1 naturally, craft the other dmg/speed, one of the two +1, and slam praying for the other +1. With a 'cannot get attack mods' you improve your chances to maybe 0.1% to get what you want on the exalt slam lol. Maybe I should forget about it and keep my staff. If only it had 18% block chance implicit though.
Gents, I have a noob question, should these two be activated when calculating damage per second?

How about using Queens Escape instead the 2 1hands u recommended?
"
FoxHoundOneOne написал:
How about using Queens Escape instead the 2 1hands u recommended?

See my current build :)
https://pastebin.com/BKsDF8S5

Staff as main weapon for hard content or whatever survives more than 2s (1.5m dps per skelly, 1.8m if you correct for Pride miscalculation), Queen's Escape in second weapon set with different 6L for crazy speed and aggressive skeletons on farm/clearing content. Only 400k dps per skelly with that lower gem setup.

To be more specific, even if I were to put the exact same gem setup in my sword as I have in my staff I would drop from 1.5m PoB dps to 900k PoB dps. The lack of proper minion buffs on the weapon and the lack of bonus to skill gems is impacting quite a lot. So only recommended as an initial cheap alternative or as a clearing alternative like I do. A single +1 wand with proper minion buffs will already far outperform a Queen's Escape.

This is what I was using with my shield:
Последняя редакция: Dragomirov. Время: 7 янв. 2020 г., 19:42:29
Nice build and having fun with it. but i'm having troubles with sirius. anyways thx for this lovely build. here are my items.

what improvements do i need? thank you.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация