What's coming in patch 0.10.2?

I still think they should change one of the merciless rewards to being a full respec.

That way EVERY player gets ONE full respec free, AFTER completing a certain quest on merciless. Which by the time you're in that difficulty, its too much of a hassle to reroll or use regrets to COMPLETELY respec.
"
Montanx написал:
"
IpecacElDucko написал:
"
Montanx написал:

Sidenote, $5 respec microtransactions would bring a boatload of cash for gg and offer next to zero economic or competetive effect on the game besides a dip for regret orbs wich arent a main currency as it is.

I could be wrong, but I believe they have stated that they are against ANY form of P2W, even if a portion of the total player base finds it minimal. Even minimal is still something.

I am also against any form of P2W as well, but how does a respec get me a win? Its more of just a shortcut. while there are shortcuts that are bad for the game like AH wich shortcuts everyone to the best gear, I dont see how the passive tree is p2w.

More on topic...its still beta, tree changes should respec for everyone.

You can pay to quickly change to a build that is known to be Op against certain builds. Other players refuse to pay and must instead grind several hundred hours to achieve the same effect. Definitely not P2W right?

yes it is a shortcut, a gargantuan shortcut.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Последняя редакция: Nicholas_Steel. Время: 5 марта 2013 г., 14:53:16
"
Kindred1 написал:
Duelist fix :D

Yeah that^! I even rolled a duelist gottem to 24 yesterday can't wait!
You can pay to quickly change to a build that is known to be Op against certain builds. Other players refuse to pay and must instead grind several hundred hours to achieve the same effect. Definitely not P2W right?

yes it is a shortcut, a gargantuan shortcut.[/quote]

I still dont see the P2W you mean. "a build that is op against certain builds"? So by builds against builds u mean pvp wich is neither a focal point of the game nor a set up match. What am I going to say "Oh bobs templar is on pvp, imma go take 10 min and respec, make my ranger X then come back and join his pvp game and hope its still up, so I can win 1 whole pvp match that has no real consequence." Thats the only scenario I can think that you mean by that.
Последняя редакция: Montanx. Время: 5 марта 2013 г., 15:10:06
"
Montanx написал:
I am also against any form of P2W as well, but how does a respec get me a win? Its more of just a shortcut. while there are shortcuts that are bad for the game like AH wich shortcuts everyone to the best gear, I dont see how the passive tree is p2w.
People take "pay to win" way too literally. I remember a player in-game was so proud of his retort of, "You can't win at PoE", based on the matter of the game not being directly competitive in the sense of something like LoL. I told him something along the lines of the issue being that players shouldn't be able to buy power in any form, but nope, he was too focused on the literal meaning of P2W.

The point that GGG makes with its policy is that no one should be able to pay money to gain game advantage against anyone else. It's very simple, but everyone has to over-complicate things with semantics. Buying Regrets/respecs is a game advantage over players who don't want to spend money to respec and would have to grind to do it the normal way. Your argument that a microtransaction that is "just a shortcut" is actually the closest thing a game like PoE has to "winning". One would be paying to progress further, faster than non-payers.
e.g. I'd have to roll seven characters to try out a bunch of builds, putting in extensive time to get all of them to a decent level to see the build fleshed out(60 or something). Someone with money only has to roll one character and can redo his build whenever, providing all the time and attention to that one character. Difference in skill and luck aside, he's playing the game 7 times faster than me (well, slightly less, as he'll have to acquire skill gems).
Последняя редакция: Kilvoctu. Время: 5 марта 2013 г., 16:11:27
Full respec's are for casuals, if you made that big of a mistake that orbs cant fix, RE-ROLL!!!

any way im really excited for these upcoming patches but chris, one thing scares me.
"Passive skill allocation now requires confirmation to prevent misclicks."

I have been playing this game since april and i have never made a misclick on my passive tree, this sounds like it could turn into one of the most annoying things about this game, especially at low-mid levels. please make this optional. i mean really, if i misclick big deal i use a regret orb or 1 of the 18 respec points i never use lolol
It's not more than fair that all dualists gets their trees reseted, since the new modifications would've made us take another route in the past probably.
"
Montanx написал:

I still dont see the P2W you mean. "a build that is op against certain builds"? So by builds against builds u mean pvp wich is neither a focal point of the game nor a set up match. What am I going to say "Oh bobs templar is on pvp, imma go take 10 min and respec, make my ranger X then come back and join his pvp game and hope its still up, so I can win 1 whole pvp match that has no real consequence." Thats the only scenario I can think that you mean by that.

The point is that this would be spending REAL MONEY to be able to respec all you want for any given situation. For each area, boss, enemy you're going to fight, you'd never have to roll a new build. You'd just use the same few characters and respec them any way you like.

This is Pay2Win, and thank the GGGods, it is most likely *never* going to happen. They'd make a few bucks but then the long-term replayability of the game would be shot in the dick.

Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Последняя редакция: VideoGeemer. Время: 5 марта 2013 г., 16:46:12
PoE forums and its search engine need to be brought to 21st century quality and functionality levels. I understand that "website improvement" is not part of a patch, but I do believe it should be included in the to do list.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
Awaiting the patch!
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация