Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

The event is a cool idea. However Zizaran is hosting actual money while GGG is only giving microtransactions that dont cost you a penny? Outdone by a streamer, shame on you guys. Your one chance to show you're not just a money hungry company funded by chinese overlords, and you waste it...
However, ggg, to make things fair and the event interesting for everyone, please consider played time in game as a factor.

I don’t usually play HC or SSF, but I would love to give it a shot. Only having 15 hours to spare a week it would, however, be impossible for me to compete as it is now since people will spend more time than this every day.
Seems intense, and I'm very, very happy to see some kind of competitive push with support from GGG proper. Custom ladders are a great idea.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
OneHellOfANight написал:
Your one chance to show you're not just a money hungry company funded by chinese overlords, and you waste it...

That "one chance" was more than accomplished by announcing a totally free PoE 2 amongside a free expansion and further free challenge leagues. Developing these costs money, same as the Exilecon having been an expensive investment (and yet again, you watching said convention was free).

Also, giving away free mtx does cost them money as said mtx will not get bought, thus they're giving out stuff at their own expense (missing income is missing income regardless how you put it).
People are being upset the race is only for 1%. Why don’t you try and become that 1% instead? Oh you don’t have the time or the skill to be one? Why should you deserve anything from the prize pool then? Only best players deserve the prize, that s how any video game works. Anyone can become the 1%.
This is so great to see! I am excited to watch people race for these kills (and rip) while I am noobing around in trade league. Thanks GGG and Ziz!
SSF is the only way these events will be fair. we all remember certain streamers getting donations of thousands of chaos and large numbers of maps given to them so they could claim firsts. also their market fixing and price manipulations that fucked over everybody else in the league. all races should be done in ssf or ssf group on seperate servers.
This is kinda weird..

Winning the cash price is not going to be possible if you got job/school or any other irl duties, which most of us have.

Winning the MTX price is possible in the other hand. First uber elder kill on ssfhc was 2 weeks if i remember correctly. SO if you are average/slightly above average player, you will do him barely in 3 weeks. It all depends on how you get to fight the boss (shards ect?), and how hard the fight is.

Steam charts shows that avg. players in league start months is about 25k-35k. I am wildly speculating, that there are about 100k-150k unique players playing on that month. Lets add that up with another 50k (because big expansion). So we have 200k unique players.

Now that GGG want people to play SSFHC, we could expect probably 10k-15k players in SSFHC. And lets say 5k people actually manages to get a kill on the boss and some gets even 2-5 kills, we might look at a roll of 10k boss kills. So you will have a 20/10,000 chance to get skins. The chance is better than lottery and you only have to play most of the month, but that you would do anyways.

What makes this weird, is that this forces some people to skip the long awaited league content for the first month, just to farm the event. This is because the most proven way to be fast on race objectives in this game, is usually to skip the league content. It also will hit hard on normal HC league markets, when less people are going to play it.

I would'v been fine with it, if it would have just been some streamer event in a private league, but this effects most of the players. It even adds stress to some people, that they have to go to ssfhc to get a chance to win the prices even if they dont like ssfhc. Would be nice if GGG actually addresses that its going to be unbelievably hard to actually win anything from this and that this is more for the streamers and people who can do 20 hours a day.

P.S would be nice if i could see a ladder for SC just for fun. I could stretch my virtual parts to friends and compete with them in SC without prices
Последняя редакция: ProstituteAMA. Время: 3 дек. 2019 г., 18:37:38
"
Dr1MaR написал:
People are being upset the race is only for 1%. Why don’t you try and become that 1% instead? Oh you don’t have the time or the skill to be one? Why should you deserve anything from the prize pool then? Only best players deserve the prize, that s how any video game works. Anyone can become the 1%.

Being the best has, however, nothing to do with spending every day playing 24/7.

These people could win even if they died with 10 characters.

This is why played time in game should count.

Quality over quantity.
there's something missing, an rng-factor. like why don't mirror drops also grant a 5$ prize. not at all significant but something that's as unobtainable as defeating the new hardest boss for casuals but actually possible.

anyway this reminds me of back in the day, when you got a red armor set for reaching lv 70 in a hc 1month (or week?) event. maybe events like those can return, too? I know I definitely won't kill that awakener guy, not even in sc probably. but having a for you beatable challenge is always fun
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация