Storm Call should make shocking ground (because graphically it looks too sci-fi)

The problem of using shocked ground is that you won't be able to see where you cast Storm call if there's already a lot of shocked ground around. It needs some clearly distinguished marker.
Russel are you familiar with the fact that lightning is far more spectacular on the topside of clouds than the lower conventional stuff we land dwellers get to see?

I am talking about blue jets and red spites or how some like to call it simply: the space lightning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVThAFfP0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfVSClD_mBc

You know the blue beam thingy is kind of nice, A blue jet far more terrifying, but a red ball of lightning doom that would be original. In the sense that apparently game developers have yet to portray all forms of lightning accurately in games.

A picture to get an idea of the size.
Последняя редакция: Ozgwald. Время: 25 нояб. 2013 г., 4:55:56
"
LogoOnPoE написал:
The problem of using shocked ground is that you won't be able to see where you cast Storm call if there's already a lot of shocked ground around. It needs some clearly distinguished marker.
Since there are other abilities which create shocked ground (not many, but some), this may be the case. I haven't been playing much Domination league recently, but now that I think about it I'm pretty sure there is a shocked ground shrine of some kind, and that could make the use of shocked ground a little confusing as marker.

I'm not saying the idea should be thrown out completely, because there's also a burning ground mod on maps which makes Fire Trap a little hard to mark, and a Chilled Ground mod which makes the areas from Ice Shot, Arctic Breath, and Arctic Armour hard to mark. So it's not like these issues don't crop up with other skills. It's just something to be weighed.

In the event shocked ground is determined to be "too confusing" with other shocked ground sources, something which looks more electric and less blue, but isn't quite shocked ground, would have to do. But please not this blue circle crap.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't have an issue on the current graphic for storm call, but two other possible ways it could have been cool are:

A dark runic sigil on the ground (doesnt move/rotate), that glows from the center with energy, then is dischaged as lightning.
-Unfortunately it would be really hard to see when shit got busy.

Small bolts of lightning strike the ground, getting more and more rapid til the big bolt decends.
-too. much. clutter.
I like how it looks in the video very much. I'd say don't touch it, leave it be!
Science Fiction:

Science Fiction according to Scrotie:

Quote of the day...

"
that the fire "rune circle" doesn't look like it's made of fire, it looks like it's made of red;

the ice "rune circle" doesn't look like it's made of cold, it looks like it's made of blue.

Really, they don't look like they're made of electricity, they look like they're made of blue.

Classic
I agree with the Piety thingy.

Why aren't the fire-runes... well maybe enveloped with a bit of fire? And the Ice-rune could be a bit... icy maybe?

Right now they are just red and blue. As Piety first transformed into Melee I just thought red means melee and blue ranged, since red is aligned with strength... at the same time I was wondering why it wasn't a green circle, since green is aligned with ranged (and funny enough also for ice, except for the iron-ring recipe where blue is ice and green is lightning).

It would be really cool if they would look more like runs and maybe more like fire and ice.

However I like the marker for Storm Call. It is clearly distinguishable from any other effect (except the blue piety-thingy -.-) it could be more lightning-looking.

Скрытый текст

Something like this, although I can't really judge it before I see it ingame myself.
Последняя редакция: Emphasy. Время: 25 нояб. 2013 г., 7:20:29
I don't mind the blue color, but it could be more similar to Lightning Warp color as well.
I really like the shapes (details around perimeter of the rotating marker) and I wouldn't want them to go away. To me it also makes more sense to have more complicated magic markers to control an element such as lightning.

Red sprites are interesting, they would be awesome indeed.

Also - there are multiple variations of what people call "electric blue".
Agree, too scifi.

While you are at it replace "endurance charge" with "endurance globe". Because "charge" sounds too scifi, you know, like physics and shit.

-- Scrotie, Master Forumer Argumentor

:P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
ScrotieMcB написал:
This is the core of my criticism: being an elementalist means summoning the elements, not summoning colours, nor summoning neon lights. It makes it feel like the path to arcane mastery is a set of acrylic paints and a paint-by-number book.

Except, there are no elementalists. Creating runes on the ground is perfectly fine for a magic user, be them a witch, ranger or marauder. I think they look fine as they are, but I would not be opposed to seeing a small amount of shock effect added to the rune circle.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация