1.0.5 Patch Notes

"
Illypsus_BLoB написал:

Hi Daniel, and thanks for replying. Firstly, both increased physical damage and increased damage over time do not affect the tooltip damage of Puncture's bleed at all. There have been some attempts by players trying to test this out, but because the initial hit is already on a range, the common consensus was that while Increased DOT does affect the bleed, increased physical doesn't. While you have clarified that it does, is it not a very very simple thing to let the tooltip be updated? After all, unlike Ignite, all the tooltip has to show is the percentage of the inital damage hit.

I misspoke on the armour part, I meant to say endurange charges.

Lastly, while the patch notes did mention that some dot skills were rebalanced, the majority of the patch notes concentrated on viper strike, poison arrow and ignite. Since there is a small finite number of skills that were affected, I think it was a little indigenous to not list out the skills that were indeed affected. I also had anecdotal experience after that patch (since I only started my puncture build after my Burning Arrow ranger was nerfed by the ignite changes) where the values on the Puncture gem in-game were the same as the old values on the wiki, and only noticed a difference in the tooltip numbers about 2-3 weeks ago.

The Puncture values have been like that since 1.0.3, the wiki just did not update it most probably because nobody used it anyways. I've noted it by that time that Puncture was pushed down by around 2-3 levels in its DoT progression which isn't really that big of a deal relative to the other DoT rescaling.
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
Cast on Critical Strike

What people done understand is that it’s not as simple as slotting in gems and off you go. For the build to be viable you need many trade-offs such as investment into massive crit nodes, Increase attack speed etc .. you are essentially giving up defence to be somewhat of a glass cannon.

yet the simple minded people see Huge dps rolls in game and drop in FPS and suddenly everyone loses their marbles.

This is just the WoTM - Whine of the Month (in case you didn’t get it)

I’m sure GGG will further nerf this gem due to people complaining, which goes against their style of game play. If people ONLY knew some of the secret builds out there and how they faceroll even the hardest of mobs, they would then call for another nerf.

Just because you’re not specced into something, or running the FoTM build shouldn’t mean that a flatbed nerf should be called.

/Sighatpeopleslogic
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Thanks for cast on crit buff!
My poor double storm call CoC build (orange and blue, thanks to mtx mind you) is now non existent. I replaced 1 storm call with EK and now the EK kills everything before storm call does its damage and also makes me die to reflect. Since I was evasion based without vaal pact.

I love when this happens. Really. Why does shit have to be changed? Damage too high? Lower the proc chance. You increased it and forced us to link different spells to it.

If people are lagging because multiple versions of same spell are going off, then they can leave the group or upgrade their toaster. I don't even want my storm call mtx anymore. I bought it purely to have orange and blue lightning go off at the same time.
ign: Vixien
"
Detpurroc написал:
"
Robert_Paulson написал:
Upon further testing and experimentation, my cyclone CoC is fine. Only needed to reroll socket colours and switch one gem.

My "Power Pulser" on the other hand (power siphon-GMP-CoC-FP-FP-FP), is RIP build. Will need a serious overhaul. How about some complementary regrets and gem levels GGG? ;)

change 1 FP for arctic breath, and another one for something else ;)

That's only half the issue, think of siphon+GMP procs.
It used to be up to 5x5x3 pulses per siphon crit, now it's more like 1x5x1. You're only looking at the stacked FP gem side of it, not the simultaneous hits (on packs) from the siphon/GMP.

[edit] Yesterday I bought a 20% FP for the build, and hadn't even equipped it yet. FML :(
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Последняя редакция: Robert_Paulson. Время: 9 янв. 2014 г., 1:15:38
"
Ziiyo написал:
Cast on Critical Strike

What people done understand is that it’s not as simple as slotting in gems and off you go. For the build to be viable you need many trade-offs such as investment into massive crit nodes, Increase attack speed etc .. you are essentially giving up defence to be somewhat of a glass cannon.

Lol @ CoC glass cannon.
FYI, you can build a reasonably tanky CoC build, I know I do (14k armour/55k with flasks, 73% block chance, etc).

CoC change is not a "nerf", it's a "balance", and even a "buff" for some.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
Последняя редакция: Robert_Paulson. Время: 9 янв. 2014 г., 1:16:42
Great patch!
Steam: teemu92
Thank you GGG for your efforts with regards to trade chat...however....

A LOT MORE STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE....The autoscript/autobot/automacro spammers are still very much at it !!!!
Последняя редакция: Btus. Время: 9 янв. 2014 г., 1:19:06
"
Robert_Paulson написал:
"
Ziiyo написал:
Cast on Critical Strike

Lol @ CoC glass cannon.
FYI, you can build a reasonably tanky CoC build, I know I do (14k armour/55k with flasks, 73% block chance, etc).

CoC change is not a "nerf", it's a "balance", and even a "buff" for some.

it wasn't a balancing change. It was a "my piece of shit computer can't handle the other dude's spell spam" change. It was nothing more than to make CoC users less hated in parties. Imo, if someone's computer can't handle it, they have the option to leave or even ask me to leave. I would have left the group. Now my solo experience has been affected by his shitty computer. How is that fair to me?
ign: Vixien
"
vixien написал:
If people are lagging because multiple versions of same spell are going off, then they can leave the group or upgrade their toaster.

"
vixien написал:
it wasn't a balancing change. It was a "my piece of shit computer can't handle the other dude's spell spam" change. It was nothing more than to make CoC users less hated in parties. Imo, if someone's computer can't handle it, they have the option to leave or even ask me to leave. I would have left the group. Now my solo experience has been affected by his shitty computer. How is that fair to me?

Note that with my 6yr old AMD/ATI machine (PoE hates AMD/ATI), having multiple EK's linked to CoC didn't have a significant effect compared with things like "rain" and "burning ground" on fps.

Don't believe the lies.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
Последняя редакция: Robert_Paulson. Время: 9 янв. 2014 г., 1:24:42

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация