Are mods being overly strict now?

I don't get this... you can say what ever you want on this forum so long as it's not hateful to others, or outright profanity. I can say "what the fuck" and no one bats an eye. I just can't go around calling people idiots or saying that GGG is run by a bunch of morons.... which I don't believe is true, but people say stuff like it and get edited.

Keep it respectful and you can voice what ever opinion you want.
I still have the opinion that the community is smart enough to deal with language in it´s own way and that playing the police from a 3rd party will only make things worse.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
"
CapitalPunishment написал:
No I don't think they are being overly strict.

I watch the D3 forums and these forums between appointments. Both forums are the same toxic environment. Blizzard lets a handful of trolls who hate the game and spend all day trying to drive away customers run the forums. Just as toxic and unpleasant as POE forums, which is the inverse of the D3 forums (actually its probably the same group of people on both forums) who drive away people who don't blindly love the game, while mods ban people who have issues with the game.

Two totally different approaches among the two forums, same end result.

Its entertaining for sure.

Needless to say. D3 and POE have some of the most awful and unpleasant forum goers ive ever seen. Really I do think its the same lot of people on both game forums.

Just wanted to toss this in there. With this community, you can ban and heavy hand moderate, or let the trolls take over. Result is exactly the same toxic environment. One end of the spectrum or the other. Fanboys gone wild or troll madness.

Not sure what it is about self proclaimed hardcore"vets" that make a person so...unpleasant.

Log on to the forums of my ARPG without a hardcore vet following ands its a fricking utopia. Its the funniest thing ive ever seen tbh.

This is good. Bad in that it's true, but good.

I've thought long and hard about how I'd deal with it. Obviously extremities don't work. I've sort of come to the conclusion that games like PoE are a perfect storm for trolling.

1. free to play -- can just make more accounts, has an image of being 'inferior' to games that you have to pay for, loyalty is typically very short term, with the potential for jadedness rising constantly

2. online-only/multiplayer -- means a LOT of technical issues regarding game hosting, lag, desync, etc.

and

3.hardcore -- constant arguments over balance, mechanics, what's fair and what's not, who's 'good' and who's not...

With all those in play, moderation is almost a pipe dream. Remove any of the three and you're probably okay.

Its the hardcore veterans.

They are the toxic community. Something about trying really hard to prove your super pro an really cool that makes you a total prick. Doesn't matter if you moderate or let the inmates run the prison. Either the fans start crapping on people who don't blindly love the game as flawless (POE) or the trolls crap on anyone who shows the slightest bit of positive thinking about the game (D3).

After watching the two forums between work for so long, I can say without a doubt that its the veteran hardcore try hards.

Like I said. I also play an ARPG without this segment of gamers (who scoff at said game THANK GOD) Its also Free. One of the best communities ive seen in a long time. Reminds me of what online games use to be back around 1998-2003 before trolling was the norm and everyone hated everything. That's whats so funny about this all. I watch the crap slinging here and on the D3 forums...come home log into that other game and its surreal how pleasant people are to each other. Mods/devs spend all day joking around with people and answering questions.
just for try, for see and for know
"
Shagsbeard написал:
I don't get this... you can say what ever you want on this forum so long as it's not hateful to others, or outright profanity. I can say "what the fuck" and no one bats an eye. I just can't go around calling people idiots or saying that GGG is run by a bunch of morons.... which I don't believe is true, but people say stuff like it and get edited.

I got probated because i argued with a mod that his definition of "Suggestion" was wrong and i showed it with dictionary definitions.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Shagsbeard написал:

Did you read the OP? I wasn't hateful towards others or profane. I was referring to an alleged game mechanic.
Standard Forever
I got probated for leaving negative feedback in a trade thread. It is ridiculous: this way the only allowed feedback in trade threads are positive and neutral ones, lol.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
iamstryker написал:
"
Shagsbeard написал:

Did you read the OP? I wasn't hateful towards others or profane. I was referring to an alleged game mechanic.

That's what I don't understand. You can say that a mechanic is fucking bullshit. But god forbid you say something "off color" ..... er wait ...

I won't even go into the abuse of [removed by admin] around here either. Highly offensive in most places, but round here not so much.

I'm certainly not the moral police, but if the comment isn't directed to specific player, or was intentionally made to antagonize, I think there can be some discretion.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Последняя редакция: Jess_GGG. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 23:52:40
wowww I didn't know it has reached that extent.
Strict is not the concept at hand.

They have an absolute zero tolerance for criticism policy.

Comments do not have to antagonize anyone other than a select few forum moderators; when posting something potential hateful (virtually anything) ask yourself [removed by admin] Not "would any normal person be offended by this"
"just for try, for see and for know"
Последняя редакция: Michael_GGG. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 23:58:53
If you are having a problem with moderation (I had the same problem one time), E-Mail support@grindinggear.com about it. Seriously. Support is always getting new people in which might need some time to feel the ToU. You can ever simply acknowledge this or tell the supervisor so he might take a look into it.

I had an incident like this only one day.
I think it was a new guy but since then
I post shit all day long and don't get moderated.
Последняя редакция: Nightmare90. Время: 23 янв. 2014 г., 23:59:15

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация