The key to understanding PoE may be that is it not made for the same players as Diablo 2

"
Charanjaydemyr написал:
I think you're confusing 'reference' for 'similar element'. In which case yes, PoE has similar elements to Diablo 2. They're both ARPGs. Go figure.

For me, the most notable reference was the bottom floor of Lunaris (Durance of Hatred, and Mephisto's room).

But I'm fine with that. As you said, it's not really "in your face" or obnoxious.
"
Isbox1 написал:
Ok so given the opportunity to prove or disprove - we've chosen the "I'd rather not have any evidence at all" route.

Well alrighty then. =(

Lame.

Ofc, the choice of the ignorantus is always to not seek the answer, and thus never find out just how wrong one is. It is easier to talk bullshit when you don't know better.

Hahaha, couldn't help. It was just so hilarious to have it revealed so openly for once.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Weak argument. Most games are aimed at children, yet ALL of them were created by ADULTS.
"
DIRTYLEROY написал:
Weak argument. Most games are aimed at children, yet ALL of them were created by ADULTS.

And your point is?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I'm not a child

Re-read your OP and realize the oxymoron contained within. I played D2 as a kid and loved it. Now, even though I've had my fair share of bitches about PoE, it is still a game that appeals to me.
Последняя редакция: DIRTYLEROY. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 20:45:04
"
DIRTYLEROY написал:
I'm not a child

Re-read your OP and realize the oxymoron contained within. I played D2 as a kid and loved it. Now, even though I've had my fair share of bitches about PoE, it is still a game that appeals to me.

Why don't you just assume i am very dumb and explain it to me. You either completely exclude your actual point or you misread something as far as i can tell.
"...to become professional game developers, they removed themselves from their own target audience" . . ."do you think this is true"

No, I do not think this is true. Their audience, as far as I can tell, is the audience that was interested in D2. Most that played D2 are of a certain age, and while PoE has it's shortcomings, i believe it appeals to that audience quite well.
"
Crackmonster написал:
"
Isbox1 написал:
Ok so given the opportunity to prove or disprove - we've chosen the "I'd rather not have any evidence at all" route.

Well alrighty then. =(

Lame.

Ofc, the choice of the ignorantus is always to not seek the answer, and thus never find out just how wrong one is. It is easier to talk bullshit when you don't know better.

Hahaha, couldn't help. It was just so hilarious to have it revealed so openly for once.

The concept of RNG isn't that complicated, please think a bit harder about it and you will understand :) I believe in you.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
DIRTYLEROY написал:
"...to become professional game developers, they removed themselves from their own target audience" . . ."do you think this is true"

No, I do not think this is true. Their audience, as far as I can tell, is the audience that was interested in D2. Most that played D2 are of a certain age, and while PoE has it's shortcomings, i believe it appeals to that audience quite well.

I see. Do you still think they are hardcore gamers when they are working a full time job being as busy as they say and taking vacations etc? I do not think they are quite as hardcore into actually playing as they were when they sat down to make the game.

It is this process of them wanting to create something for older people that are all in hardcore, but then in doing so becoming less that themselves that is ironic because that is what happens as you find success in life.

I am not saying all assumptions are true, i am just saying that it is an interesting line of thought. I write it for people to think for themselves what that means.
Последняя редакция: Crackmonster. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 22:13:10
"
Cribstaxx написал:
You assume that the game was made to be played 6+ hours a day else it isn't enjoyable. That simply isn't the case. I play 1-2 hours a day maybe a couple days a week and I have a blast with it. Even when I only get to do one map on my lunch break it's still fun, so no this game is not for "no-lifers" only and can still be enjoyed very much by people with a career and a family.

I actually agree. PoE is made for casual players. I don't know why people call it hardcore, when the "hardcore" 12 hour a day players like myself and many of the top streamers have already quit playing again.

For a casual player, you can still find upgrades and see exp bars rising. There is progress. For the hardcore, there is only hundreds of hours between usable items and level progression, and the majority of the time we are going backwards. The legit "hardcore" players(not using RMT/bots/multibox) have realized that there is really no satisfaction to be had here after a certain point. When you hit level 85, it's time to reroll yet again, or find a new game.

Gating uniqes, high level map accessibility, and ABYSMAL drop rates on what should be considered 'average' end game items discourage everything that the hardcore grinder is competing for. I'm the kind of person who likes to deeply immerse myself into a game, and I am a no-life grinder. Once you tell a no-life 12 hour a day grinder "no progression" and "these end game items are for lottery! not for you", well then fuck off. My Mara from the 1w race has comparable gear to my Nemesis Scion who has 600 hours played, which means I could have just played 1 very efficient and smart week of Nemesis, and invested the other 500 hours into something that actually rewards time invested. That's a huge fucking problem.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация