The key to understanding PoE may be that is it not made for the same players as Diablo 2

I honestly think that the devs are aiming at keeping PoE alive for at least a decade. An endeavor of that magnitude, in gaming, is insane to say the least.

That being said, I hope they find time to take vacations and find ways of separating their personal lives from their jobs. From what I've experienced, most jobs suck.

I'm guessing most, especially those who didn't play D2, don't have any experience as to what playing a game years on end entails. It's a slow progression on purpose (there's only so much content).

Am I a hardcore gamer? He'll no, but I wish! That would imply I had money and didn't have to work and deal with "life".

Will I still be playing PoE . . .tomorrow, next month, five years from now? Who knows, life happens, and ultimately, I really don't care. It's just one of MANY games I intend to play until I'm rotting in a nursing home.
Последняя редакция: DIRTYLEROY. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 22:17:18
I can tell you why this is called hardcore. It is because you need to go hardcore ARPG mode on it to get the "good" stuff. It requires a hardcore investment in theorycrafting and research on forums to understand underlying mechanics before you are really playing the game.

You may say you would call that something else than hardcore, but it is some of the reasons why it is often called hardcore by many.

I am not saying they do no reach out to casuals, such as drops being reduced by chainfarming etc, but you really have to be a very specific type of casual player as not to feel completely hopeless to get get a well properly developed character, namely the one who doesn't care too much about what is possible to get, but rather just play because what they see is fun and do not expect to reach the top.

Also. Their RNG systems are not good on the casuals, such as fusing functionality etc. Basically they do not work very well if you are unlucky, and the more time you spend in the game the more of an "average" experience of those systems you will have. For casuals those systems are prone to remove their incentive to play at all.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Последняя редакция: Crackmonster. Время: 24 янв. 2014 г., 22:25:30
DIRTYLEROY
"
DIRTYLEROY написал:
I honestly think that the devs are aiming at keeping PoE alive for at least a decade. An endeavor of that magnitude, in gaming, is insane to say the least.

That being said, I hope they find time to take vacations and find ways of separating their personal lives from their jobs. From what I've experienced, most jobs suck.

I'm guessing most, especially those who didn't play D2, don't have any experience as to what playing a game years on end entails. It's a slow progression on purpose (there's only so much content).

Am I a hardcore gamer? He'll no, but I wish! That would imply I had money and didn't have to work and deal with "life".

Will I still be playing PoE . . .tomorrow, next month, five years from now? Who knows, life happens, and ultimately, I really don't care. It's just one of MANY games I intend to play until I'm rotting in a nursing home.

That is good to hear, i think it is a healthy attitude.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
JahIthBer89 написал:
I'm a full time career mechanic with a wife, play maybe 2 hours a day during the week, a lot on Saturdays, and very little on Sundays. Most of the people i associate with in game are in the same boat. How did I/we get 6Ls and fully geared characters? I'm certain it's not by spending all my free time whining on the forums.

The same way anyone can do it.

Use the difficulty bypass mechanics,trade up and cash in ?

It's the method that the developers recommend and approve of.

"
Crackmonster написал:
I can tell you why this is called hardcore. It is because you need to go hardcore ARPG mode on it to get the "good" stuff. It requires a hardcore investment in theorycrafting and research on forums to understand underlying mechanics before you are really playing the game.

You may say you would call that something else than hardcore, but it is some of the reasons why it is often called hardcore by many.

I am not saying they do no reach out to casuals, such as drops being reduced by chainfarming etc, but you really have to be a very specific type of casual player as not to feel completely hopeless to get get a well properly developed character, namely the one who doesn't care too much about what is possible to get, but rather just play because what they see is fun and do not expect to reach the top.

Also. Their RNG systems are not good on the casuals, such as fusing functionality etc. Basically they do not work very well if you are unlucky, and the more time you spend in the game the more of an "average" experience of those systems you will have. For casuals those systems are prone to remove their incentive to play at all.

Game requires to do nothing more than trade and trvialize to sample its content to the fullest.

There's nothing hardcore about trading. (in my definition of hardcore)

If one doesn't trade that's not GGGs problem.

Everything beyond the mundane in POE requires wealth.Wealth is what makes everything in POE realized,from self theory crafted builds to content access.

RNG matters little to a trading game ... somewhere,sometime,someone in the world has found the item you seek and you may have what they seek (either item or currency).
PoE and D1/D2 doesn't require you to play all day AT ALL. I play very casually like 1h to 4h per week, sometimes more depending on my mood and free time, I don't even trade and I still loot tons of good items, it's not godly gear but it's good enough to have viable characters doing maps without dying a lot.

This game is hard, I believe you have to be an enthusiasm and be clever to enjoy this game, it's preferable to enjoy min/maxing, theorycrafting, doing research and enjoy messing with the passive tree to enjoy this game, that's why this game is considered hardcore and that's why I do enjoy playing PoE.

The problem is that most people want very good items/build/6L NOW like it was the only source of fun in these kind of games, they also don't want to do research, they don't want to do any theorycraft and they don't play intelligently aaand that's a problem. Most aren't enthusiasm enough for this kind of game because of that (it's too hardcore), they just don't have the mentality/mindset for this.
Tech guy
Последняя редакция: Warrax. Время: 25 янв. 2014 г., 2:03:41
The key of understanding why a few people spread so much bullshit on the forums instead of playing the game or a different game just fell into the toilet. What a misery.

Is it seeking a sense of achievement in their lifes through posting as much bullshit on the forums as they can? Maybe. There are people in this world who like to have a high number of forum posts for whatever reason. Forum no-lifers.

Look, there are people who play games and they have fun, you know!? If they don't have fun, they play or do something else. You are just sitting here all day writing unimportant things and pointing with your finger at others instead of asking yourself if that what you do is really what you want to do. The world is not built around you and sometimes you can not change the things the way you want them to be. Learn to accept that. If someone makes a decision it does not mean it is wrong, just because you think it would be better otherwise for you.

If PoE is so bad, i challenge you to make a better game. Instead of acting smart and talking a lot go ahead and do it better.
"
Warrax написал:
PoE and D1/D2 doesn't require you to play all day AT ALL. I play very casually like 1h to 4h per week, sometimes more depending on my mood and free time, I don't even trade and I still loot tons of good items, it's not godly gear but it's good enough to have viable characters doing maps without dying a lot.

This game is hard, I believe you have to be an enthusiasm and be clever to enjoy this game, it's preferable to enjoy min/maxing, theorycrafting, doing research and enjoy messing with the passive tree to enjoy this game, that's why this game is considered hardcore and that's why I do enjoy playing PoE.

The problem is that most people want very good items/build/6L NOW like it was the only source of fun in these kind of games, they also don't want to do research, they don't want to do any theorycraft and they don't play intelligently aaand that's a problem. Most aren't enthusiasm enough for this kind of game because of that (it's too hardcore), they just don't have the mentality/mindset for this.

Dying is a net loss of currency ...... the loss of that character and it's items.

Viable doesn't equal dying because of lack of gear.Viable equals surviving because your gear makes it possible to survive.

Unless of course we're talking Brute force (corpse running) here where one dies repeatedly with the same character while all the time being *viable*.Not very hardcore if you ask me (going by my definition of hardcore).

You can theory craft any build you want and it will remain just that without the currency to build it,theory.

There is nothing terribly *hardcore* about POE,it's a trade and trivialize game and the developers support that playstyle by rewarding it in buckets.

"
Crackmonster написал:
Could it be a point to make that PoE makes money from peoples misery(lack of satisfaction in life, it is gaming which is escapism) and keeps people locked in it?

IMO PoE is fine, I've seen worse competition oriented P2W games of which devs can be called devils, they took advantage of all "sins" except gluttony and lust, not talking about religions but you know what I mean.

edit:typo
You won't have my gear.
Последняя редакция: NameIsDon. Время: 25 янв. 2014 г., 2:37:14
"
Temper написал:
Dying is a net loss of currency ...... the loss of that character and it's items.

You assume I play in hardcore leagues, I'm not. Hardcore is simply a severe punishment that many enjoy, I don't. That doesn't mean I'm not an enthusiasm or not hardcore. I rarely die but it's bound to happen occasionally, specially in very hard maps that I accept to do SINCE I'm not in hardcore league, I allow myself to take a little more risks in such cases, I enjoy the game a lot more that way.

I'm not sure why you bring hardcore leagues into this, dying once in a while doesn't mean you have bad items and/or a bad build, in fact, a lot of hardcore deaths are due to lack of attention / being too reckless, and also desync, of course.
Tech guy
Последняя редакция: Warrax. Время: 25 янв. 2014 г., 3:37:20

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация