[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

Pi314--> first two things I would upgrade would be to get a better Blackgleam (30% is rock bottom, and you can probably get a 45% for 2-3 chaos if you are patient), and trying to get better mods on the armor, blue 5L makes me sad :p If you don't need the dex it is basically a 1 mod armor...

Also, how is dropping a diamond skin getting you 4 skill points? the marauder one should be right on your path, and your bottom lane pathing seems like it would be pretty weird if the diamond skin was 4 nodes off the path...

As far as GMP vs LMP goes there are a couple other factors besides pure theoretical damage. One, the cost goes up a decent amount so you have to be a little careful. Two, GMP is harder to fully saturate than LMP, even with the tightest GMP spread, mobs aren't always numerous/spread out enough for all 5 initial arrows to land, and once one of the initial arrows whiffs the advantage is questionable, and obviously LMP wins if GMP whiffs 2 arrows. three, you do less damage/arrow which means shorter shocks and less stuns, that is probably less of an issue if you team (where you probably won't be doing much stunning anyway due to giant HP pools), but could make a difference solo or on small teams.

"
ShadowyDream написал:
Pi314--> first two things I would upgrade would be to get a better Blackgleam (30% is rock bottom, and you can probably get a 45% for 2-3 chaos if you are patient), and trying to get better mods on the armor, blue 5L makes me sad :p If you don't need the dex it is basically a 1 mod armor...

Also, how is dropping a diamond skin getting you 4 skill points? the marauder one should be right on your path, and your bottom lane pathing seems like it would be pretty weird if the diamond skin was 4 nodes off the path...

unfortunately, i need the dex on the armor. thank god i have a +ias Highborn else i would need more dex if i got a thicket.
i wont be getting +dex nodes anytime soon. going to get +hp (3 points), and +ele dmg (3points) first.

i have 3 skill points unspent. unspec diamond skin adds a 4th.

interesting thought i just had:
if i upgraded my prismatic ring with one that also has +15% resist all, then i can unspec the other diamond skin.

and i want to upgrade that helm. that +1 minion gem stat bothers me because i'm not using minions. i hate good stats going unused.
besides keeping similiar resists values and getting +hp, what else to get on a new helm?
Последняя редакция: Pi314. Время: 22 марта 2013 г., 10:36:38
"
evantide2 написал:

Well, this is what I see as advantages over a BM gem, based on the build in the original SC Purity BMGem vs the build I just made:

Stat Advantages:

40% more life
58% more Physical Projectile damage (Even more with Str from gear)
12% larger AOE radius
8% more AOE damage

Skill Advantages:

Hatred + Haste + Anger + Wrath + Purity can all be run simultaneously off just the stats given.
Lightning Arrow can be used on singlet targets since it's not pulling from Life.
Can stun targets easier because of higher damage LA
If needed, can convert to Rain of Arrows build very easily and effectively.
Opens up a slot for another gem because BM isn't needed for Curses.

And, what I consider an advantage; it doesn't chunk 262 HP per 6L LA per .25s because of really high attack speeds.

It looks fantastic on paper but what it comes down to is what you said before, you shoot 1LA/second to keep your mana up. This is fine before maps and solo, however you won't do any damage shooting this slow in maps or in a full party.

I shoot over 2LA/second with sub-par gear. The LA ranger I was in a party with was shooting well over 3LA/second last night. So you would have to hit over 3x as hard with each LA click to break even in DPS. Add this over a long period of time (big blue group in a map with a full party can take 5+ seconds of dps to kill easy) and it becomes an extremely substantial amount of damage.
IGN: Dmillz
Последняя редакция: Dmillz. Время: 22 марта 2013 г., 13:27:52
Hmm. Alright.

Yeah, if fights take over 5+ seconds, I can see there being massive problems.

Well moving on.

I looked up some other builds too right now, and came up with this:

Templar Variant

Templar Stats

Basically, it sacrifices around 50 Str, 9% life, and +30 Life (so total 170~ life) but acquires +41% elemental damage and +8% AOE, totaling 49% increased damage for LA, which is then amped again by WED.

Worth it or no?
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
You are being worried about DPS too much. Don't worry about it! Damage comes in from gear, and in the passive tree you want to take only a few of the most potent nodes to augment it, especially so when you hit endgame content and death becomes scary for both HC and Default players. Starting as Templar means immediately wasting about 4-5 points.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Does elemental equilibrium affect lightning arrow at all?

what if a spell like fireball has added light and added cold?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
"
SEPTICFLESH написал:
hey guys. tell me whats better to choose when im buying an amulet. fixed ele damage or % ele damage? what boosts dps more? cant afford an ammy with both :(

Well yeah, as you say, both would be best, but if you can't find any with both, take the one with higher overall value. How to determine this depends on the rest of your gear. If the rest of your gear has a lot of % mods, take fixed ele damage, and if it has a lot of fixed ele damage, take % mod. This is still rather vague, but points out that this choice entirely depends on your whole character, and the decision cannot be made that simply.

Thanks for the answer, i was thinking that way too :)
"
Nephalim написал:
Does elemental equilibrium affect lightning arrow at all?

what if a spell like fireball has added light and added cold?

Elemental Equilibrium works on every attack/spell which dealt elemental damage.

"
Mark_GGG написал:
If you dealt a particular elemental type, the monster gets +25% to that type.
If you did not deal a particular type, the monster gets -50% to that type.

The way to proc EE properly is to alternate elements in each next hit. So if you had 2 skills, one with pure Fire damage, one with pure Lightning damage, you would have to hit one of them, then the other, then the first, then the other, then the first, then the other, and so on.

The first hit you pull off on the enemy will not be affected by the first Elemental Equilibrium effect, so it will apply a +25% resist to the type you hit it with, and -50% to all other. The second hit will deal increased damage due to -50% resist to that type, and then re-apply the Elemental Equilibrium, so if you hit 2nd time with the second hit, it would deal lower damage due to enemy already having +25% resist to that element.

EE is hard to pull off, but rewarding when done correctly.
so lightning arrow will always be counted as lightning for the purposes of EE even if you have items or gems that add fire and cold damage to it as well, is this correct?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim написал:
so lightning arrow will always be counted as lightning for the purposes of EE even if you have items or gems that add fire and cold damage to it as well, is this correct?

No. Lightning Arrow will always deal lightning damage, but if you have an aura like Hatred or Anger, or Added Lightning/Fire/Cold damage gem, or any item with +X fire/cold, you deal several types of elemental damage.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация