[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
VenatorPoE написал:
Oh so actually it will simply do NOTHING AT ALL. Funny.

Oh well, EE has no place in this build regardless...

Thats actually fantastic. I thought EE maps were neutering my damage output.

On a side note is there ever a time when added lightning damage will outperform penetration lightning resistance ignoring the quality bonuses from both?

As i understand it, light penetration will penetrate even if a monster has 0 % light resistance and is exponentially more potent the more resistance the monster has. where as added light adds a static amount that is multiplied by your ele weapon damage - elemental - at a multiplier of about 2.7 so about (5-101) * (2.7) or (13.5-272).

Factoring in 10% more shock chance though added light might prove to be superior even if light pen is doing more damage on paper.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Последняя редакция: Nephalim. Время: 24 марта 2013 г., 0:49:00
going pretty good so far.

I have nothing for currency, lol. After playing SC for so long, you know you have lots of orbs and can buy things that you want. Well, this is starting over and I'm not trading currency, screw that. But it's kinda fun like that. I'm running the worst gear possible, except I finally found a few rares that helped me and I'm just cruising along, this is easy! lvl 30 no problem! lol

once I get some good gear, I'm gonna like this build a lot, I can tell!
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
VenatorPoE написал:
"
matanp531 написал:
the poster says you dont ever use mana with this build , doesnt LA take mana ?
i dont get it

Blood Magic keystone removes all mana, and you use health instead of mana to cast skills.

"
azamantes написал:
the only problem i see with the build is the low amount of int nodes you can get....

i dont understand how are you supposed to run wrath ?

The build takes about 130 INT in the passive tree, with an Onyx ammy you get enough to run max level Wrath.

oh , ok , but doesnt casting your health very often will kill you quickly ?
"
matanp531 написал:
"
VenatorPoE написал:
"
matanp531 написал:
the poster says you dont ever use mana with this build , doesnt LA take mana ?
i dont get it

Blood Magic keystone removes all mana, and you use health instead of mana to cast skills.

"
azamantes написал:
the only problem i see with the build is the low amount of int nodes you can get....

i dont understand how are you supposed to run wrath ?

The build takes about 130 INT in the passive tree, with an Onyx ammy you get enough to run max level Wrath.

I believe one of the important aspects of using the BM keystone (vs. a gem) is to ensure you have plenty of life leech and regen to avoid said death. I really don't like playing builds that require the BM keystone but I understand why they're so popular. Try making a HC build that can have 3.5k mana with the same level of mana regen and leech as an HP build with BM keystone. Simply not possible. For classes that don't start out near passives which increase mana pool and regen BM keystone seems to be the only option to cast those expensive 4L and 5L skills. Plus, you are limited to non % based auras really. Not that those other auras aren't useful, just that the % based ones tend to be a bit more powerful overall IMO.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking specifically about bow type builds here. Obviously CI caster builds and the like don't have these issues.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Последняя редакция: Phaeded. Время: 24 марта 2013 г., 3:48:56
So I'm trying this build out in HC and I'm running into a couple of issues which I'm not sure how to deal with. The first is the lack of dex to support gear and gems. The second is, naturally, mana.

For dex I decided to jump up off the RT loop to grab the big dex node above it because I was sort of gear locked on a couple of items with +dex when I had better alternatives available. However, in scanning the tree it doesn't look like I'll be picking up any more dex nodes until I start over toward the ranger side. How did you keep up with gear and gem requirements without taking dex nodes until so late? Maybe I'm missing something.

As for mana, I realize I could drop down early and pick up BM but I really like running some of those better % auras like Hatred and I won't have the HP pool for that, like, ever. Has anyone tried to modify this build to use BM gem early on and what skills did you link it to initially? I think I'd like to get RoA (for the lulz...I love that skill for some stupid reason) and LA linked up with BM but right now I only have one BM gem so I'm thinking I should go LA+Fork+BM. I'm only level 20 atm but I'm trying to plan ahead. This is my first bow build outside of shadow FT/PA builds and it was pretty hard to screw those up.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Последняя редакция: Phaeded. Время: 24 марта 2013 г., 3:57:46
Hi all

Can I get some help as to how to progress with my stats and gear?

I have been following this build for a week now, what a great build!

Very enjoyable especially in parties where i just fire away from the distance.

but solo is slightly more difficult as i dont want mobs to get to me, and need to avoid spell mobs come close!

Here's my stats
lvl 67
LA dps 641
EH dps 2053
hp 2789
resists 19/75/26 fire/cold/lightning

My gear:

I have about 8 gcps and 30 chaos, and unsure of which gear i should invest heavily first...

Just bought the bow 148 ele dps and belt for 3 chaos and 2 chaos.

Thanks

Ari
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Very nice guide , i am building something very similar to this , but i only found this guide now so there are little changes (not very critical though) .
I ran into a couple of things i don't fully understand
1) i've been using the same quiver for 40 levels now , and any other that i equip drops my dps for about 200-300 on elemental hit , even though i wanted to replace it with 30% elemental dmg with weapons

2) how does the whole elemental dmg with weapons increase work ? Is it only for bonus of the weapon or will elemental hit get a flat x% increase in dmg?

Anyways looks great so far , need to increase survivability a little and all will be k ;-)
"
matanp531 написал:

This is why you make use of Life Gain on Hit support gem. It gives instant regeneration. When you shoot in a pack of mobs, your HP will practically stay 100% full all the time. You cannot do this with mana, though...

"
Phaeded написал:
So I'm trying this build out in HC and I'm running into a couple of issues which I'm not sure how to deal with. The first is the lack of dex to support gear and gems. The second is, naturally, mana.

The % auras are not really potent in such low levels. They become really really good as you come to the end of Merciless and start doing maps. Basically what you should do if you want % auras is first level up with BM keystone to make things easier, and when you acquire a 5L for LA and around level 70, switch to using BM support gems. This is the rough concept.
As for the Dex issue; there are 30 Dex nodes above Inner Force, above Elemental Adaptation, and above Blood Magic. You can also maybe make use of Light Quiver, Jade Amulet or Onyx Amulet. The line towards Iron Reflexes also brings in about 50 Dex. In case you don't have enough Dex to use everything, just skip it for a few levels, use something else you can use in the meantime, and work towards your goals.

"
biralo написал:
Can I get some help as to how to progress with my stats and gear?
Here's my stats
resists 19/75/26 fire/cold/lightning

Your answer is in your own post! Work on those resistances, the difference will be noticeable.

"
Lasperic написал:
1) i've been using the same quiver for 40 levels now , and any other that i equip drops my dps for about 200-300 on elemental hit , even though i wanted to replace it with 30% elemental dmg with weapons
2) how does the whole elemental dmg with weapons increase work ? Is it only for bonus of the weapon or will elemental hit get a flat x% increase in dmg?

Well this is because the DPS tooltip for Elemental Hit is wrong. It does not account for the added random elemental damage on each hit. Elemental damage % will indeed increase both the initial hit damage of EH, and the bonus damage added. You didn't provide any more information; but I would guess that the 30% ele dmg quiver would benefit your character more.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE написал:

Well this is because the DPS tooltip for Elemental Hit is wrong. It does not account for the added random elemental damage on each hit. Elemental damage % will indeed increase both the initial hit damage of EH, and the bonus damage added. You didn't provide any more information; but I would guess that the 30% ele dmg quiver would benefit your character more.

Well i use this bow
and this ring
which gives me quite nice dps for ele. The current dps of EH is ¬1400. If you need more data i will gladly supply :)

One more question i'm at lvl 62 and i run the auras purity , wrath , grace and determination. In your guide you reccomend anger over determination. How's your survivability? i am sitting o n roughly 2k life 5k armor (with auras) and it seems ot me that when i would turn off determination i would be too squishy.

And final question . with EH dps being 1400 should i take life leech instead of loh on it ? Thanks !
The DPS on EH is actually more like 2.4k, but the tooltip is not saying it. Definitely use Life Leech on it.

Using Determination over Anger, if it makes you safer, is definitely a good option. Anger gives pure DPS, Determination gives pure armour. I prefer Anger, as it helps me clean the monsters before they reach melee range.

As for your bow, I notice you are using an unconventional setup for LA. I would recommend switching the colours to rrrgg, and using LGoH, BM, WED, LMP, LA. This will boost your DPS more than double.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация