RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
Veruski написал:

People here love to rag on Blizzard, but at least they have the balls to do massive ban waves.

Different financial model. It actually benefits Blizzard to allow RMT accounts to stay open long enough to turn a profit, so that when a ban wave hits, new accounts are bought. Wouldn't call it balls. Just business.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 написал:
"
Veruski написал:

People here love to rag on Blizzard, but at least they have the balls to do massive ban waves.

Different financial model. It actually benefits Blizzard to allow RMT accounts to stay open long enough to turn a profit, so that when a ban wave hits, new accounts are bought. Wouldn't call it balls. Just business.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory. Rofl.

That's not why they wait to do massive ban waves. They wait to do massive ban waves so that it's hard to find the common thread that got everybody banned, and to do more damage all at once.

If bans came in a constant trickle rather than massive waves, it would be easy to figure out how and why people get banned, and give RMT'ers the tools/knowledge they need to avoid it.

Ban waves are the safest way to ensure maximum damage is done with minimum risk of exposure to your exact methods (eg, the identity of your under-cover accounts).
"
SL4Y3R написал:
Crafting is vendor recipes sir.

No, vendoring your items is not 'crafting'. Crafting is trying to improve an item or create an item, and that is 99.9 gambling in PoE.

Rustic recipe to get a phys weapon, goddes sword and something else I dont remember now, is the only real crafting in PoE.

What actually matters for gameplay: sockets, links, colors, affixes - is pure gambling.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Последняя редакция: morbo. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 11:45:47
*removed
Последняя редакция: BobLobLaww. Время: 5 марта 2015 г., 23:26:53
"
geradon написал:
what game is non competitive? every offline tetris app having a online ladder website is competitive.

You comparing leaderboard tetris with PoE races with prizes, leagues that are called challenge leagues, MTX prizes for achieving challenges...?

PoE being competitive is not a bad thing, just one of the reasons why RMT becomes even more an option.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Последняя редакция: morbo. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 11:46:05
"
Veruski написал:
"
b15h09 написал:
"
Veruski написал:

That sounds like a conspiracy theory. Rofl.

That's not why they wait to do massive ban waves. They wait to do massive ban waves so that it's hard to find the common thread that got everybody banned, and to do more damage all at once.

If bans came in a constant trickle rather than massive waves, it would be easy to figure out how and why people get banned, and give RMT'ers the tools/knowledge they need to avoid it.

Ban waves are the safest way to ensure maximum damage is done with minimum risk of exposure to your exact methods (eg, the identity of your under-cover accounts).

You have a point about trickle bans revealing detection methods, but Blizzard generally works on quarters; not daily, weekly, or even monthly. They could retain opacity with much more frequent banning. From a financial point of view, it wouldn't be the best move though.

Besides that, you don't have to go into theory to find Blizzard conspiracies.
"
BobLobLaww написал:

I just wonder how much of it comes down to lack of financing to prevent these issues with beefed security. Or rather it's fear of an already dwindling player base?

Any direct confrontation with botting/RMT has proved to be inefficient. Or at least I can't remember any gaming company that succeeded with such an approach. With brute force they can be reduced, but never significantly, to a point they don't affect the game. And it's an endless fight with unknown ending.

Also let's take into account it could happen that some of the big "botting companies" got higher funds, than a small gaming company...

Smart asses just let them live in an environment, where they are not needed, thus rats just leave the ship. Or at least limit their own presence.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Последняя редакция: torturo. Время: 16 июля 2014 г., 12:06:13
Worth noting something no one has mentioned yet...

The mirrored item being sold on RMT sites... has a 12% attack speed roll

I think there are a few things about crafting that are worth noting...

Crafting is expensive. For an RMT site to craft a mirror worthy item like this they will need to spend 100+ eternals... if you watch some crafting/currency massacre vids you can tell that people need sometimes 200-300 eternals + ex to get a good item... This item likely cost $2500+ to make for the RMT site... Granted they can sell for $250... but still. There are other mirrored wands out there that are actually better as far as their rolls go.

My guess is the only reason this wand is popular is that no one has made a mirrored prophecy wand... realistically it probably gives you less dps than other mirrored wands.\

I agree with other comments about RMT/botting (really just botting since RMT is supplied by botting from what I understand) but lets remember that no matter how you slice it, in this game stuff is always going to be at some level gated by RNG and time. RMTers have a lot of resources but they can't magically spin stuff out of thin air, they probably had to sacrifice at least a couple thousand dollars of currency to get this far. Likely far more
"
Chundadragon написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.

It definitely could happen, but in a 4-month league any mirror-worthy item is gunna stick out like a sore thumb. Imho, it's the height of retardation to offer the mirror item on RMT sites like that because it's literally so obvious for GGG to find out who is making it.

I don't doubt for a second people will RMT eternals to make mirror-worthy items though.

When RMT site have 128678395764937850387 unsold exalteds, they craft godly item and sell it for $. what will happen after that they dont care. if that item is found and account banned, they will just create 50 more. They cant lose in enviroment created for them and not the players.
"
BoondockSaint написал:
"
Chundadragon написал:
"
mrpetrov написал:
Do you folks somehow think they *won't* be doing this in the new leagues? The new leagues are more profitable and players are more competitive in the new leagues, so I would hazard to say they will definitely be replicating this practice when the new leagues start.

With a bit of real life capital behind them it's easy to beat mom-and-pop/individual crafters at their own game.

But RMT isn't an issue in the game's economy, right? Not as big as you think? Doesn't affect you?

I look forward to Xav and the rest of the RMT apologists jumping all over these typical excuses.

P.

It definitely could happen, but in a 4-month league any mirror-worthy item is gunna stick out like a sore thumb. Imho, it's the height of retardation to offer the mirror item on RMT sites like that because it's literally so obvious for GGG to find out who is making it.

I don't doubt for a second people will RMT eternals to make mirror-worthy items though.

When RMT site have 128678395764937850387 unsold exalteds, they craft godly item and sell it for $. what will happen after that they dont care. if that item is found and account banned, they will just create 50 more. They cant lose in enviroment created for them and not the players.

Yup. Further, these items do stick out like sore thumbs, and it is obvious for GGG to find out who is making them. And they don't. That's the real kicker.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация