[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
icelockon написал:
Kelvynn, how are you managing to deal with reflect? Ive got AA running, enfeeble curse is hitting, and im running a ruby flask but im still getting wrecked even with all the leech in this build. anything I might be missing?

Enfeeble doesn't help with reflect. Reflect is not the enemy damage but a portion of your own damage hitting you. AA only protects you when you are standing still.

I've been mostly avoiding reflect maps on non-Witch versions of this build lately, it's so much easier now in 2.4. But I still do them if the rest of the map mods are super nice and have huge IIQ/pack size. I ran a 18% ele reflect twin boss Palace just now to see how bad that would be. No real problems except that I had to play peek-a-boo with the bosses around the mini-walls: reflect almost cancels out the leech, so tanking their projectiles is not an option, but you have to stay close enough to leech. Actually, switching to PoF for the boss and delegating all 3 curses to the Orb (the Purity setup described in the Boss Guide) should have made it easier: I wouldn't need to stay close, plus extra fire resist. But I didn't think about that there, and it's not a good idea for trash clearing since you'd need to wait for the Orb to proc WM on everything before hitting it.

If you are dying to reflect with this build, check that:
- The map is not Hexproof or Leech Immune
- You are running WM aura
- Your Blasphemy gem is 20q
- Your boots have the leech enchant
- You leap into packs to get Fortify
- You use AA and stop moving while killing

If the boss does non-trivial damage, you can't facetank them, but you still need to be close enough to leech. So you may consider skipping the boss after clearing the trash. Absolutely not recommended to even try these bosses with ele reflect: Core, Colosseum, Volcano, Dark Forest, Shrine, any T16.

The Witch version doesn't care about reflect. That used to be a huge argument in its favor. But these days the maps are so much more available, you can just reroll a reflect map or sell it and buy another one.
Последняя редакция: Kelvynn. Время: 17 окт. 2016 г., 0:02:41
Скрытый текст
"
Kelvynn написал:
Скрытый текст
"
icelockon написал:
Kelvynn, how are you managing to deal with reflect? Ive got AA running, enfeeble curse is hitting, and im running a ruby flask but im still getting wrecked even with all the leech in this build. anything I might be missing?

Enfeeble doesn't help with reflect. Reflect is not the enemy damage but a portion of your own damage hitting you. AA only protects you when you are standing still.

I've been mostly avoiding reflect maps on non-Witch versions of this build lately, it's so much easier now in 2.4. But I still do them if the rest of the map mods are super nice and have huge IIQ/pack size. I ran a 18% ele reflect twin boss Palace just now to see how bad that would be. No real problems except that I had to play peek-a-boo with the bosses around the mini-walls: reflect almost cancels out the leech, so tanking their projectiles is not an option, but you have to stay close enough to leech. Actually, switching to PoF for the boss and delegating all 3 curses to the Orb (the Purity setup described in the Boss Guide) should have made it easier: I wouldn't need to stay close, plus extra fire resist. But I didn't think about that there, and it's not a good idea for trash clearing since you'd need to wait for the Orb to proc WM on everything before hitting it.

If you are dying to reflect with this build, check that:
- The map is not Hexproof or Leech Immune
- You are running WM aura
- Your Blasphemy gem is 20q
- Your boots have the leech enchant
- You leap into packs to get Fortify
- You use AA and stop moving while killing

If the boss does non-trivial damage, you can't facetank them, but you still need to be close enough to leech. So you may consider skipping the boss after clearing the trash. Absolutely not recommended to even try these bosses with ele reflect: Core, Colosseum, Volcano, Dark Forest, Shrine, any T16.

The Witch version doesn't care about reflect. That used to be a huge argument in its favor. But these days the maps are so much more available, you can just reroll a reflect map or sell it and buy another one.

Thanks for the feedback. Im not actually running reflect maps at all. After a few more hours of playing ive noticed that any reflect mob thats in a pack I can normally kill just fine its been the Essence mobs giving me the biggest headaches. I'm starting to think im just not seeing the added effects some of these bosses have with the storm of crystals raining down. In particular the lightning orb adds or the totem smash guy are bursting me down faster than I can leech back. Ive been a lot more careful and its turning out a bit better. That being said the precinct pack of exiles can go to hell :).

Thanks for the build. Ive died far more often on this build than any other, but I really think that has more to do with this being my first true Energy Shield build. Its amazing what you can sit in the middle of and laugh at. Then it sucks when there are things that can still kill you if your not being careful.

*side edit*
Just noticed that due to a lack of slots I haven't been running immortal call + cwdt. That really could of helped. Bah.
Последняя редакция: icelockon. Время: 17 окт. 2016 г., 1:47:32
Hi im really interested in this build and i was just wondering what your thoughts on heretic's veil with this build would be. Too much damage lost without black sun?
Hi, just want to say thank you for this build. I am 126/125 because of it now :)

One note: I've been trying to get the leech enchant on the boots. So far, I've done it about 30 times, without success. On my latest attempt, I got the following enchant:

What are your thoughts on this? I think for boss killing without a ton of adds, this will help damage even more. For these same bosses, the leech enchant is less useful. For bosses with adds, the opposite is true. The leech is also better in general mapping, especially in maps with hexproof or elemental reflect. Should I keep this or continue rerolling?
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Последняя редакция: cloudblade70. Время: 18 окт. 2016 г., 1:10:40
Any thoughts on using something else instead of ele focus so we can get ignites (and the others, from the Izaro's turmoils) potentially? How much would this hinder DPS overall? It just seems odd doing all the elemental damage, and even having chance to shock/chill/and mostly ignite, but not being able to (I guess we can still still, with the chilled ground, yeah?)
U MAD?
"
stucrew написал:
Hi im really interested in this build and i was just wondering what your thoughts on heretic's veil with this build would be. Too much damage lost without black sun?

Losing Black Sun is bad. And there is not enough mana reservation to run all 3 curses as auras even with Heretic's Veil without sacrificing way too much Int to grab all reservation nodes. Not worth it.

"
cloudblade70 написал:
Hi, just want to say thank you for this build. I am 126/125 because of it now :)

One note: I've been trying to get the leech enchant on the boots. So far, I've done it about 30 times, without success. On my latest attempt, I got the following enchant:

What are your thoughts on this? I think for boss killing without a ton of adds, this will help damage even more. For these same bosses, the leech enchant is less useful. For bosses with adds, the opposite is true. The leech is also better in general mapping, especially in maps with hexproof or elemental reflect. Should I keep this or continue rerolling?

There are 15 boot enchants. Not getting the leech in 30 tries is moderately bad luck, just keep trying. Other enchants are not as good. That 0.6 life AND MANA leech is priceless. It's very useful against T16 bosses, it lets you do Hexproof + NoRegen (and helps a lot in low regen/no regen maps), and it will save you aganst ele reflect too. A minor DPS enchant (there are several) would not be nearly as useful.

"
Docbp87 написал:
Any thoughts on using something else instead of ele focus so we can get ignites (and the others, from the Izaro's turmoils) potentially? How much would this hinder DPS overall? It just seems odd doing all the elemental damage, and even having chance to shock/chill/and mostly ignite, but not being able to (I guess we can still still, with the chilled ground, yeah?)

There is no 'others', we only do fire damage. Ignite damage is based on 1 hit, but our hits are very small, so it would be some tiny amount of DPS. Ignite doesn't stack unless you use Emberwake, but that would ruin the build. We don't have any burning dmg or dmg over time support either. No reason to worry about ignite. EF is fine.
Последняя редакция: Kelvynn. Время: 18 окт. 2016 г., 4:14:56
This may have been answered earlier, but how do you feel about like Vinktar's with added spell damage or Taste of Hate? As far as the Templar build goes, do you still feel the Sulphur Flasks are superior? This is also assuming Shock immunity.
"
TheMonarky написал:
This may have been answered earlier, but how do you feel about like Vinktar's with added spell damage or Taste of Hate? As far as the Templar build goes, do you still feel the Sulphur Flasks are superior? This is also assuming Shock immunity.

Taste of Hate doesn't do anything for this build. Some people use Atziri's Promise, not sure if anybody uses Vinktar, but I don't see a good reason for either. 4-5 sec of slightly more damage don't matter, and we don't have a cheesy OP way of instantly recharging flasks (like CoC or Pathfinder). I prefer Chemist's (15/60) Sulphur flasks because they provide very good uptime of a buff of your choice (movespeed for clearing, anti-chill for Hydra/Shaper), a DPS buff, and extremely nice benefits while standing on consecrated ground and facetanking things.
Последняя редакция: Kelvynn. Время: 18 окт. 2016 г., 14:02:22
Sometimes, when i try to cast Whispering Ice, the spell doesn't go off..I see my mana getting drained, but no attacks. Is it a bug? or is there something i do wrong?
"
and we don't have a cheesy OP way of instantly recharging flasks

I slightly disagree - we have an Overflowing Chalice, which is two in one: a sulphur flask, and "mini-pathfinder in a bottle".

P.S. Build is great, thanks, Kelvynn =D

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация