[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
You only need enough ES not to get one shot, then your damage becomes your defense as you leech your ES back. 8-9k is sufficient, everything higher is a luxury.

Freeze is not really required as a defense mechanism as the mobs get stunlocked anyway. Bosses cannot be frozen.

Saying 8-9 k is sufficient is plain wrong in my honest opinion. I am not saying that you can't survive with it, but it makes you suffer more from misplays ingame, compared to a person with 10-12 k.

I agree that your damage is your defense, and honestly with my amount of ES and damage, I am practically unkillable with the leech + vaal pact and my ES.

Besides, freeze is not a required defense mechanism? really? You stop all forms of detonate dead, exploding hamster spikes etc. DD is dangerous as hell on HC, especially on boss fights.

"
How long does it take to build up 8 stacks to get the 24% penetration from the ray? around 3 seconds? some fights last less than that. and only targets in the ray get that penetration.

Building up 8 stacks to get the 24 % penetration takes around 2.88 seconds currently with my gear, and a lot of boss fights are faster than that agreed. But if the boss fight is faster than 3 seconds, is there really any need for the penetration applied by scorching ray? no. This is ultimatively for long boss fights obviously. Besides only targets in the ray get that penetration it true, but there is honestly no need for it to proc it on white trash/blue packs/rare when they die before they even start moving, it is only meant to scale up on bosses like shaper, uber etc. since no1 else lives that long.
But then again, I have free sockets and have experimentet with spell totem + scorching ray as my two last gems, which will half the duration of proccing all fire stack to less than 1,5 seconds.

"
Replacing SR+CWC with Echo+Elem focus gives a 1.4 multiplier.

This is very wrong.
Echo + elem gives a 1.4 multiplier yes, but you have made no calculations on what we lose by applying these support gems.
Applying spell echo removes CWC (a free spell echo without a less modifier)
But the huge problem here is elemental overload, you add 50 % damage for the removal of
1) shock = 50 % more modifier
2) Scorching ray damage = which is considerably high on end game bosses
3) Scorhing ray penetration = 24 % free pen
4) Burn Damage
5) freeze
6) Celestial punishment
7) You get a way bigger mana cost on your ability(all WI builds I have seen can not free cast forever on boss fights likes atziri(etc. look at my vid) without hitting a mana break point.

What we gain from the swap is = less damage, less defense (yes freeze), and we gain a bit more mobility from losing scorching ray.

"
Non-CWC Icestorm can reach 2.8 casts per second (with echo) and there is no delay before the first cast - you need to wait 0.35 seconds with the ray. Since you have no Unwavering stance in your tree, you can get jumped on and stunlocked.

I have to wait additionally 0.35 seconds with the ray, finally something that is a problem with my build agreed. Yet, you never really notice that when playing. Most bosses you can precast the initiate, so that cast time is far from a problem, it might make my build a little less slower compared to normal WI on map running tho, since I have 0,35 delay on pack clearing.
With stun, I have honestly had no issue at all so far with it. ES in itself has a 50 % chance to ignore stuns as a seperate roll together with my 55 % chance to avoid stun while casting in skill tree, but if it does become a problem all I have to do is add Kiara's Determination.

"
The scorching ray damage doesn't contribute to the leech - that undermines your defense.

Don't get me wrong - this build is viable and can do any content - but I think that Kelvynn's build will noticeably outdamage this one and will also be safer to play.

Scorching ray doesn't contribute to leech agreed, but considering it doesn't get reflected either, I wouldn't say it undermines my defense since my IS does the same damage as WI only builds.
So all in all, I am still confident that I will be able to noticeably outdamage him and atleast with the same amount of safety.
Скрытый текст
"
Kwitch написал:
"
Mathoddie написал:

• Mastermind doesn't outperform the other options due to the fact that I already have 104 % penetration (so it's not really a 25 % more in seperate, but an addition to an already existent more modifier)

• Orb of storm will be moved into my CWDT when I get a 5 linked chest, I currently prefer lightning ball due to the fact it can travel farther in bosses that I want to keep away from me, were as orb of storms is locked in place and short ranged.

• I have considered perandus signet, but it is definitly not a must buy item, especially since my build currently is very budget and I am only running with 3 uniques (and the belt will be replaced for the new rare 80 es belt later on), so the profit from int per unique item would be unsatisfying, and we would lose defenses.

• I have no problems at all with mana sustain since the only thing I am paying for is scorching ray and it's link, not the icestorm that has all the support gems. All the build has to sustain is a 3 linked scorching ray (mine is even 4 linked atm, and still easily managable, especially with the 2 % mana leech from warlords mark is way overkill)

Thank you for your questions and input, and I am glad that you liked the build! I will keep updating it as I go. :)

Welp, let me discuss some things with you.

25% more is 25% more. 104% penetration < 129% penetration, you can continually penetrate beyond 0 at which point all penetration is 'more'. You are correct in thinking of it as an already existent more modifier, but it being separate or continuous has zero relevance on the fact that it increases damage more efficiently than any other multiplier mechanic. It's just that good. I guess you are happy with conflux which is absolutely not an issue, I merely asked if you had considered it.

You cannot trigger Orb of Storms with CwDT mechanically. It's not possible. Running OoS works better if you're running mastermind, and if you're not then I wouldn't suggest it. It merely played off of the previously stated mechanic consideration. Up to you if you want to test it or not.

Losing defenses is exactly what I asked you about w/ Signet. Your topaz is 24% ele resist, 49 int (+10) and +44 es. I wanted to know, with your contributions of tree and gear, if you considered Signet as potentially being an upgrade path. If you don't want to because you want to keep the build 'budget' or light on uniques that's fine, but it seems in-line with some other decisions you've made and other players may wish to consider it with relevant information that really only you can provide since you have the character and can demonstrate how good or bad it might be.

I still would like to know how you feel the build runs in map mods such as 'of Stasis' - Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield. And even less threatening ones such as 'of Congealment' -Cannot Leech Life from Monsters, Cannot Leech Mana from Monsters. I'm not faulting you at all for not including a list of which map mods are problematic for you in the guide, just suggesting it might be a razor thing line on the regen and any alteration to the regen might destabilize it.

And finally, let me suggest that although you wish to approach the build as 'easy to play, budget friendly', not all players desire to be limited by a 3c potential build. By all means, some may be able to self-itemize their own progression past what you have laid out, but to claim that a build is only 'x amount of money' or not suggest what directions they can go once they reach as far as you've been limits both the build guide and newer players in playing it. No build should have a 'price tag', just like no item in the game has a set fixed price. It's great to attract players by saying you can play it with little investment, but please do consider that many players can and will be interested in more.

I think we misunderstood eachother a bit on the fire penetration part.
I never said it wasn't a more modifier, just an additive more modifier, which isn't worth taking after my consideration and calculations compared to the other ascendancy points. So saying it has zero relevance and is more efficient than any other multiplier mechanic is wrong.
Example
Скрытый текст

Additive
100 DPS + 150 increased damage + 129 % fire penetration (additive added fire pen)
100 DPS*2.5*2.29 = 572.5 DPS
Seperate
100 dps + 150 increased damage + 104 % fire penetration + 25 % fire penetration (a seperate more modifer)
100 DPS*2.5*2.04*1.25 = 637. DPS
Example with shock
100 dps + 150 increased damage + 104 fire penetration + 50 % more shocking damage
100*2.5*2.04*1.5 = 765 DPS

As you can see seperate multipliers will always be strongest.

Orb of Storms
I was actually unaware that this couldn't be procced throught CwDT. Thank you for clarifying. When I get a 5 linked chest I will test if it actually worth using for boss fights or not.

Signet
All I said was what my consideration about signet currently was, I will ofc test this later on when I have the ring available.

Map Mods
I actually have a map mods tab in my guide.
"
I thought I would share my build now, and update it as I go towards uber atziri and other end game content. Read the Long Theory for information about defenses, map mods etc.

As is stated in the beginning of my guide. There is not much added yet, since my toon was only level 72 when this guide was created. My guide is still in "beta" so I will add no mana regen maps onto it later, and many more.

BIS item list
As said previously, the guide is brand new, and my first one for that matter. Things like bis items, (expensive version) etc. will be added as I go and test out the different paths for the build.

Thanks for the tips tho'.
"
Jenova798 написал:
I think im going to respec my witch into this for ulab farming, I can get Astramentis and Bsc so im hoping i can destroy izaro, and what do you think about the beast fur as chest?

Hey! I am happy that you're going to try my build.
Regarding the beast fur, I hadn't actually even thought about that chest, but it seems like a solid pick.
I wouldn't say it was a BiS item for the build, since I believe the int you can get on the chest, the high es on rare chest and resistances outscales the 40 % spell damage.
You also take 5 % increased damage while wearing beast fur which could be problematic in a small number of situations.
All in all the chest is a great pick untill something greater comes along.
Hi there. I'm new to Whispering Ice/ Firestorm characters but should the build really be avoiding AOE like the plague as it is now? I understand that you want a target to get hit by multiple shards but at the rate we are casting would increased AOE not increase clearspeed of trash?
IGN Bro_Do_You_Even_Ledge -Nemesis
Последняя редакция: Onolisk. Время: 10 дек. 2016 г., 12:13:56
"
Onolisk написал:
Hi there. I'm new to Whispering Ice/ Firestorm characters but should the build really be avoiding AOE like the plague as it is now? I understand that you want a target to get hit by multiple shards but at the rate we are casting would increased AOE not increase clearspeed of trash?

It really differs from player to player honestly, increasing your aoe will increased your clearspead of trash definitly, but it will also lower you ST damage.

From playing my character I would recommend avoiding any increases in aoe, since you almost cast icestorm 3 times per second as it is (and it can cover a lot of area in that second), so I prefer to keep it as small as possible to destroy a strong foe rather than a lot of useless ones.

If you watch my atziri video you can see me clear breaches without a problem. :)

I hope I answered your question.
**UPDATE**
Finally recorded a Xoph's Domain video, 9 level above the first time I cleared it.
Easily tanking boss, and I am still in my lvl 70ish budget gear.
what about temp chains instead artic armor and flammability ?
You should create an HC variation(with stun immunity) as it is a MUST HAVE on hardcore.
I'll play your build but i'll go for unwavering stances.

astramentis + unwavering stances vs eye of chaluya + some points i'lls ee what i'll do lvl 48 atm on hardcore breach
ign: ropefly
"
sporter26 написал:
what about temp chains instead artic armor and flammability ?

You can swap the flammability for temp chains or enfeeble, especially if you are doing a HC version. There is no reason to swap the arctic armour, since it is an amazing defense. Unless you want it on blasphemy also ofcourse, but I would recommend not doing that.
"
ropefly написал:
You should create an HC variation(with stun immunity) as it is a MUST HAVE on hardcore.
I'll play your build but i'll go for unwavering stances.

astramentis + unwavering stances vs eye of chaluya + some points i'lls ee what i'll do lvl 48 atm on hardcore breach

In my opinion the stun immunity is far from needed. I have yet to die from being stunned.
If you are really afraid of stuns I would recommend buying a Kiara's Determination.

The thing about stun is, that they have to hit you and proc stun through our two stun defenses
(50 % ES roll and 55 % Stun avoidance while casting), and IF they do manage to get through your range (let's say you meet a big wave of ranged mobs), and they hit you and you get stunned, you will proc immortal call (which last almost 3 seconds currently on my charater with 3 charges).
You will have plenty of time to take them out and get full health instantly through vaal pact + leech.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация