[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
Mathoddie написал:
"
Glendoor написал:
Hello, interested in trying this out on my current character however I was following that tri-curse WI build linked earlier. I noticed the builds are mostly similar for where I am at, main thing is I took the CI stuff earlier than you.

If you can take a look at my Breach SC chracter "Derkice" and see what I should do as far as any respecs go and let me know what I can change that would be great. I know about respecing out of the AoE nodes, but should I go for the ES nodes or damage on top? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I am uncertain how I am able to look at your character (sorry I am new on the forums in PoE), can you give me a link of your current passive tree? Then I will gladly help you out. :D

Yeah sorry about that, I am not too sure how to turn on public characters in the account settings. Link to passives:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHEFgRLRFQEzUV1xekHNwdTx8CKjgsnCy_LR81uTbFPV9GcUyzUXRSU1ZIVmNfKl9qX7BtGW-ef8aDCYP3hMWGrodljr6O6Y_6ksGTJ5Ugl_SbtaEvoqOmmacIpyuvm7QMuJO-isHFwfPDOspKytPQ0Ngk37Dr5Ovu7Bg=

I have my staff 5 socketed(3 link and a 2 link) Sitting at about 2300 ES with current gear at level 50.

Edit: Oh I think if you click on my forum name it should take you to a list of my characters.
Последняя редакция: Glendoor. Время: 10 дек. 2016 г., 23:31:21
"
Glendoor написал:
"
Mathoddie написал:
"
Glendoor написал:
Hello, interested in trying this out on my current character however I was following that tri-curse WI build linked earlier. I noticed the builds are mostly similar for where I am at, main thing is I took the CI stuff earlier than you.

If you can take a look at my Breach SC chracter "Derkice" and see what I should do as far as any respecs go and let me know what I can change that would be great. I know about respecing out of the AoE nodes, but should I go for the ES nodes or damage on top? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I am uncertain how I am able to look at your character (sorry I am new on the forums in PoE), can you give me a link of your current passive tree? Then I will gladly help you out. :D

Yeah sorry about that, I am not too sure how to turn on public characters in the account settings. Link to passives:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHEFgRLRFQEzUV1xekHNwdTx8CKjgsnCy_LR81uTbFPV9GcUyzUXRSU1ZIVmNfKl9qX7BtGW-ef8aDCYP3hMWGrodljr6O6Y_6ksGTJ5Ugl_SbtaEvoqOmmacIpyuvm7QMuJO-isHFwfPDOspKytPQ0Ngk37Dr5Ovu7Bg=

I have my staff 5 socketed(3 link and a 2 link) Sitting at about 2300 ES with current gear at level 50.

Thanks for the link!

I have two options for you, depending on how many regrets you are sitting on:
But first let me say that you can easily level with your current skill tree and just add on as you go.

Option 1 - 9 regrets

Option 2 - 21 regrets

Keeping your current spec, or choosing option 1 or 2 is entirely up to you, you should be fine with all three options. I hope this helps :)
Последняя редакция: Mathoddie. Время: 10 дек. 2016 г., 23:50:44
"

Thanks for the link!

But first let me say that you can easily level with your current skill tree and just add on as you go.

Option 1 - 9 regrets

Option 2 - 21 regrets

Keeping your current spec, or choosing option 1 or 2 is entirely up to you, you should be fine with all three options. I hope this helps :)

Awesome, thanks! Would there be any reason to not use the Scorching Ray setup as my current spec? I was afraid I would miss out on some damage if I did. I might just go with option 1 as that is a bit more tanky than my current setup while not really losing much in the way of damage.
Последняя редакция: Glendoor. Время: 11 дек. 2016 г., 0:06:02
"
Glendoor написал:
"

Thanks for the link!

Option 1 - 9 regrets

Option 2 - 21 regrets

Awesome, thanks! Would there be any reason to not use the Scorching Ray setup as my current spec? I was afraid I would miss out on some damage if I did. I might just go with option 1 as that is a bit more tanky than my current setup while not really losing much in the way of damage.

I don't see why not :) if you have a 5 socket I would recommend:

Scorching Ray + CWC + Controlled destruction + conc effect + life leech (add fire pen as 6th socket)
"
Mathoddie написал:
"
Glendoor написал:
"

Thanks for the link!

Option 1 - 9 regrets

Option 2 - 21 regrets

I don't see why not :) if you have a 5 socket I would recommend:

Scorching Ray + CWC + Controlled destruction + conc effect + life leech (add fire pen as 6th socket)

Sadly my staff atm is 3 blue for the scorching ray setup and 2 red for leech plus fire pen; don't think I have enough chroms to try and get 4 blue 1 red while trying to keep the 3 link as 3 blue >_<
"

Sadly my staff atm is 3 blue for the scorching ray setup and 2 red for leech plus fire pen; don't think I have enough chroms to try and get 4 blue 1 red while trying to keep the 3 link as 3 blue >_<

No problem, it's not the end of the world running fire penetration instead of conc for now! :)
"
Mathoddie написал:

Awesome that you are enjoying it! This is exactly why I wanted to share my build, it is fun and really strong.

About the ball lightning it gets better when you get further up were minions do more damage(in my opinion), but I agree that maybe sometimes it is clunky, what level is your cwdt?

I am currently testing a 5 link chest with orb of storms in the mix as self cast also for strongboxes/breaches/bosses, I will update it when I have finished my testing :D

I'm using lvl 1 cwdt setups with lvl'd curse on hit and flammability. It procs frequently enough, just seems like there could be a better way, but other than using heretic's and running double blasphemy I'm not sure what.

With life leech in the staff is warlords really needed? Maybe drop warlords, drop 2nd curse, and just run flamability blasphemy and take the inc curse aoe next to CI. idk, it's late and I'm tired, that might be stupid.
Just wanted to say this is a very awesome build! I get so frustrated seeing builds that require Shavs, Skyforths and 3,000 exalts worth of gear so I usually create my own. But this is pure genius...definitely a working man's build and I really like the fact that it takes advantage of new and old skills.

I did not start this in the new league...I had a Lv 90 Occultist who was stuck on the bench for a long time and after reading your build I realized that I had all of the gear necessary laying around in Standard so why not give it a shot? I had to switch class to Elementalist but was still missing my last two points from the Uber Lab.

Took me a while to get things going, but I finally got there and just gave Uber Izaro and fierce ass whomping on the 1st try. I also ran a very brutal death map that was a corrupted Tier 15 Core with both Elemental Reflect and Elemental Weakness as well as many other nasty mods. I dared not run this map with any of my other characters, but my Witch bravely ran the map and got Malachai down to about 50% of his life...but the damn reflect was just too much but it sure was fun. Also blazed through Death and Taxes and melted all of the boss forms in about 2 seconds each...for slow moving bosses they die very quickly.

My ES is currently at 10,500 and here is my gear:

I've found that the Ice Nova + Vortex with CWDT is excellent for mobs that get through and surround me, although I might change that up later, still tinkering around with things.

Thank you again for a great build! I'm going to try and get a few more levels in Standard and those flask nodes in the Witch area are very tempting... :)
Последняя редакция: SasoriOtoko. Время: 11 дек. 2016 г., 2:32:18
Скрытый текст
You should create an HC variation(with stun immunity) as it is a MUST HAVE on hardcore.
I'll play your build but i'll go for unwavering stances.

astramentis + unwavering stances vs eye of chaluya + some points i'lls ee what i'll do lvl 48 atm on hardcore breach

In my opinion the stun immunity is far from needed. I have yet to die from being stunned.
If you are really afraid of stuns I would recommend buying a Kiara's Determination.

The thing about stun is, that they have to hit you and proc stun through our two stun defenses
(50 % ES roll and 55 % Stun avoidance while casting), and IF they do manage to get through your range (let's say you meet a big wave of ranged mobs), and they hit you and you get stunned, you will proc immortal call (which last almost 3 seconds currently on my charater with 3 charges).
You will have plenty of time to take them out and get full health instantly through vaal pact + leech.

"I have yet to die" , well yeah as HC that's not something I can rely on ^^
But I guess I can use the flask yeah kinda forgot about that one.
I'll grab 4 endurance charges as well+improved flasks as well probably.
While the tri curse whisp offers more int to scale better with helm+staff. I feel the damage is high enough already and would like some more ES like yours.

Does the 140 intellect + 33% (helm/staff) outweights the more ES in your opinion for hardcore ?
(tri whisp ice vs yours)

"
I know it's not reliable currently, but I can only tell you my experience so far, and as of level 81 I have not experienced any problems at all with stuns (aslong you keep yourself res capped, stuns from spells are not a problem either, and I dont even have the pot for it).

A lot of people ask me about the tri WI build compared to mine, wondering if I should make a tab for it in the guide, but I honestly believe my build is more tanky than his (this is just a theory so far).
The helmet gives 15 % but 0 ES, 0 flat int, 0 resistances and 40% reduced light radius.
So I would say my helmet is worth more, even tho I have a cheap one with 1 resistance, close to 300 es and 45 int.
His stats as level 91 and my stats as level 81 are pretty close.
1500 int vs 1200 int
8406 es vs 7900 es
and I dont have astramentis or a 800 es chest and I am 10 skill points short.
So I would say no, it does not outweight the more ES, especially for hardcore.

The helmet adds arctic armour with enlighten gem (lvl 2, becomes lvl 3). AA is pretty good as defensive mechanic. But yeah so far the only downside would be the stun immunity, guess we will see how it goes on the t11+ maps when I get there
ign: ropefly
Последняя редакция: ropefly. Время: 11 дек. 2016 г., 4:43:50
"
ropefly написал:
Скрытый текст
You should create an HC variation(with stun immunity) as it is a MUST HAVE on hardcore.
I'll play your build but i'll go for unwavering stances.

astramentis + unwavering stances vs eye of chaluya + some points i'lls ee what i'll do lvl 48 atm on hardcore breach

In my opinion the stun immunity is far from needed. I have yet to die from being stunned.
If you are really afraid of stuns I would recommend buying a Kiara's Determination.

The thing about stun is, that they have to hit you and proc stun through our two stun defenses
(50 % ES roll and 55 % Stun avoidance while casting), and IF they do manage to get through your range (let's say you meet a big wave of ranged mobs), and they hit you and you get stunned, you will proc immortal call (which last almost 3 seconds currently on my charater with 3 charges).
You will have plenty of time to take them out and get full health instantly through vaal pact + leech.

"I have yet to die" , well yeah as HC that's not something I can rely on ^^
But I guess I can use the flask yeah kinda forgot about that one.
I'll grab 4 endurance charges as well+improved flasks as well probably.
While the tri curse whisp offers more int to scale better with helm+staff. I feel the damage is high enough already and would like some more ES like yours.

Does the 140 intellect + 33% (helm/staff) outweights the more ES in your opinion for hardcore ?
(tri whisp ice vs yours)

"
I know it's not reliable currently, but I can only tell you my experience so far, and as of level 81 I have not experienced any problems at all with stuns (aslong you keep yourself res capped, stuns from spells are not a problem either, and I dont even have the pot for it).

A lot of people ask me about the tri WI build compared to mine, wondering if I should make a tab for it in the guide, but I honestly believe my build is more tanky than his (this is just a theory so far).
The helmet gives 15 % but 0 ES, 0 flat int, 0 resistances and 40% reduced light radius.
So I would say my helmet is worth more, even tho I have a cheap one with 1 resistance, close to 300 es and 45 int.
His stats as level 91 and my stats as level 81 are pretty close.
1500 int vs 1200 int
8406 es vs 7900 es
and I dont have astramentis or a 800 es chest and I am 10 skill points short.
So I would say no, it does not outweight the more ES, especially for hardcore.

The helmet adds arctic armour with enlighten gem (lvl 2, becomes lvl 3). AA is pretty good as defensive mechanic. But yeah so far the only downside would be the stun immunity, guess we will see how it goes on the t11+ maps when I get there

My build also runs arctic armour, even without enlighten. So i wouldn't say the head "adds" arctic armour. Unless you are planning to run dual blasphemy and speccing into aura notes.
I am currently running tier 11-13 map tiers (I can't seem to find any t14/15 maps yet sadly) and I can run them easily, I added a tier 11 map with some strong mods in videos.

One of the other commenters also tested my build with budget items in a death modded tier 15 core map with ele reflect etc. see quote:

Скрытый текст
"
Took me a while to get things going, but I finally got there and just gave Uber Izaro and fierce ass whomping on the 1st try. I also ran a very brutal death map that was a corrupted Tier 15 Core with both Elemental Reflect and Elemental Weakness as well as many other nasty mods. I dared not run this map with any of my other characters, but my Witch bravely ran the map and got Malachai down to about 50% of his life...but the damn reflect was just too much but it sure was fun. Also blazed through Death and Taxes and melted all of the boss forms in about 2 seconds each...for slow moving bosses they die very quickly.

But keep me updated ! I love to hear how far you get with my build! It's exciting and remember to stay safe! :D

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация