[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi guys! I decided to do golem build again :)
Can someone check my gear and tell which ascendency I should choose(char: DSoulBeastGolem)?
I already have sotl 3b2r1g, chayula amu, 4lvl empower and 21 golem.
I still don't know which ascendency is better with this gear(
Thanks!
"
kayella написал:
"
mika2salo написал:

Hello :)

I did some damage comparison with Pob, 3x stack Aspect of the Spider (AOTS) does same damage as Ele Weak to t16+ bosses.

With normal bosses Ele Weak starts to deal 10% more damage than AOTS.

I think both have their uses if AOTS can be crafted in decent item and not compromising EHP (HP + ES)

AOTS is better defensively as it slows high tier bosses and does same damage to T16+ bosses as Ele Weak. I also think that AOTS has larger radius than Ele Weak, so its easier to keep damage buff in boss while kiting farther. However normal mapping is slower with AOTS as the charges first have to accumulate. Ele Weak still does 30-40% more total damage to normal enemy even when AOTS has full stack size.

Ele Weak is better for mapping as it instantly gives 30-40% damage boost against normal mobs when they just enter blasphemy range. This lets Golems 1-shot magic and some rare mobs. With t16+ bosses Ele Weak is only offensive buff with same damage as AOTS. Ele Weak gives more options about gearing as it comes from gems and not from item.

AOTS gives about same hinder as Animate Guardian and I don't think you can stack multiple hinders. Why not just run AOTS and let AG curse enemies with Ele Weak on hit gloves? This way you can have all 3x and still only need dual curse ;)

If you test AOTS I'm interested to hear how it worked with bosses. Was it helpful in t16+ boss fights? I can't beastcraft it in standard where I usually test things.

Hi,

Everything other than T16+ bosses is pretty easy with this build, so that's why I was interested in AOTS instead of ele weakness for boss fights (and it's fun to try out league exclusive mechanics).

Unfortunately, reserving discipline, temp chains, aots and ele weakness all at the same time takes us over 100%, so I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe linking discipline to blood magic?

I finally captured fenumus, so I've crafted it onto an inexpensive belt for testing. It's a suffix, so it doesn't affect EHP. Also, it acts like an exalt, so it adds the mod without affecting the other affixes. It doesn't count as a master craft, so I still had an open affix.

Since I'm running AOTS instead of dual curse, I changed the tree a little bit: I put a point in zealot's oath and took soul of shakari. The hp regen converted to es regen takes care of burning ground and immunity to poison and reduced caustic cloud adds to qol. It feels pretty decent so far.

The next thing I'll test is phase run + increased duration instead of shield charge + faster casting. I think it could pair well with AOTS because we are less visible to the enemy and have phasing, so we can run around in circles to apply the webs. Plus quicksilver + phase seems faster than shield charge and I hate how shield charge gets snagged on rocks, logs, corners, everything!!!!

Edit:
If you look carefully at the wolves at the top, you can see some wolves have been webbed, but are still outside the curse aura radius.

(ps. I never said thanks for the build! It's a good one Mika!)

Heya Kayella! Thanks for letting me know about the ability to swap points out in the tree if running AOTS instead of EW on Blasphemy. I took out the 2 small reserved mana reduction nodes on the way to Sovereignty and took the 1 node Aura Effect route to it instead. Used the extra freed point on Zealot's Oath for the nice Poison immunity. Time to get my revenge on Fenumus lol.

Mika, I finally got around to testing my build on Shaper with AOTS too. IMO, it's much easier for end game bosses, especially stuff like Minotaur as it applies at a much larger AoE than EW. Furthermore, it just slaps a spider web debuff on the boss every second, so you can literally duck in and out, the boss will have 3 debuffs for a short time and you can just command your golems at a distance.

I also managed to boost my golems damage to 73+k shaper dps on Occultist with my current setup. I threw out cast while channeling for a self-cast desecrate-flesh offering. This allowed me to make use of my 2 abyss jewel's '#% more minion damage if used minion skill recently' and just contributes to a more active playstyle for me. Ball Lightning is much easier to fire and move, I find my playstyle benefits from not standing still alot in bosses.

Lastly, about Bob the AG. My AG gear set can be found in the PoB link attached the the following Shaper kill vid. The most notable change is I bought him a Belly of the Beast. Yes, that's right. Bob is wearing a BoB. Since AoTS takes care of hinder as well, I gave up Singularity for Advancing Fortress claw for nice block chance buff and eHP. Leer Cast's 15% damage is a sweet buff and from the video, you can tell that he's living through Shaper. I've done Shaper about 5 times the same way, all deathless, AG included. After letting go of EW and CwC for the self cast, I managed to free a slot for both fortify on shield charge, and minion life on Bob.

Feel really happy bout the build so far, thank you so much for making the framework of this. Seriously great resource for aspiring golemancers everywhere.

Here's the Shaper kill. Uber Elder's next people. Who says only RF's get to have all the fun? :D
https://youtu.be/kDpTm6J-ltA
Последняя редакция: toilet94. Время: 15 апр. 2018 г., 10:21:55
"
mika2salo написал:
"
Vervaiin написал:
I'm loving this build, the only thing is my damage is abysmal.

Clearing maps/trash is no problem, but when I get to arena my minions take forever to kill.

My POB minion average damage 14.3k, total DPS 31.5k. =(
Compared to the guides 141k total DPS, I'm MILES away from my target.
I am missing 3 jewel sockets due to level also but it won't make up that much dps.

Granted I don't have perfect socketed chest & I'm relevling gems, done the vendor recipe to make my gems 20% level 1 but I don't know where I'm losing SO much damage.

I'm staying with occultist, swapped from necro & liking it a lot more.

Any help/recommendations would be great. :3

Hey :)

You Golems are actually doing 68k DPS per Golems. You have most likely left charges and Elemental Equilibrium from Pob configurations. Fixed pob link is :

https://pastebin.com/piR13TZ2

Occultist is very demanding on gear, as the Ascendancy has no minion damage boost. Most damage comes purely Golems levels and support gems in helmet.

You can boost Golems damage by buying Flame Golems 21/0 and Empower 3. Both cost less than 10 c and they boost your damage about 20% in total. If you can get Sotl with 2r1g3b that will also increase your damage by 20%.

I recommend trying Elementalist or Necromancer if you want massive damage boost. Both Ascendancys should almost double your total damage and switching is pretty cheap.

Oh thank you! PoB kinda confuses me at times, that makes me feel a lot better! xD

I actually switched from Necro to Occultist & I'm enjoying it a lot more, I don't fall over so much, except sometimes in map arena's, I guess I'm needing to adjust to not having all the block.
The chaos explosion from occultist is also SO darn satisfying when clearing maps! xD

Is Rumi's still a good flask for me to be using with Occultist? Or should I throw it aside for something else.

I'm working on leveling my empower, I just play 2 characters so it doesn't get as much exp as it could, I guess I could level it in a 2nd weapon set on my other character too.
So 21/0 is better than 20/20 for Golems? I'll go grab one. :3

Working on saving for the sotl now, just bought presence since both of my characters use it so I made that my prio over upgrading my chest, since I'm still new to the game in general I haven't picked up on how to make currency easier/faster. The price of exalts at the moment also is crazy! ._.
Последняя редакция: Vervaiin. Время: 15 апр. 2018 г., 9:29:38
"
RawDamage написал:
Hi guys! I decided to do golem build again :)
Can someone check my gear and tell which ascendency I should choose(char: DSoulBeastGolem)?
I already have sotl 3b2r1g, chayula amu, 4lvl empower and 21 golem.
I still don't know which ascendency is better with this gear(
Thanks!

Your gear and looks pretty good but rings, amulet, belt and gloves could use upgrade :
- Ring (40+ ES, 40+ HP)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, [Increased ES %])
- Gloves (150+ ES, [40+ HP])
- Crystal Belt (120+ ES, [40+ HP])

Skin of the Loyal boosts ES from each item and you can reach 9k+ ehp that way.

"Leadership" increases curse aura radius quite a bit, so I recommend taking it asap.

You have very nice gear, so you can choose from all 3x Ascendancys. Basically how they work is :

Necromancer
- Best single target damage and good defense
- Most balanced and easiest to play.

Elementalist
- Best overall damage
- Choises between 4+1+1 mix and 6x Flame Golems
- Least defenses

Occulist
- Best defense and almost immortal against trash mobs
- Lowest damage
- Most gear dependent as all offence comes from minion supports and level

Better breakdown is here :

NECROMANCER, OCCULTIST OR ELEMENTALIST?

Necromancer

Benefits compared to others
- Easiest to play
- Cheapest to gear
- High chance to block
- Deals most single target DPS
- Tankiest Specters with "Soul Weaver"
- Offerings affect you
- 50% faster Convocation

Weaknesses compared to others
- Average clear-speed

Scores (1-5, higher is better)
- Total damage : 4
- Single target damage : 5
- Defense : 4

Occultist

- Tankiest with good end-game gear
- Massive ES Regen keeps ES full almost all the time
- Can curse hexproof enemies
- Extra curse from Ascendancy
- Stun Immunity
- Minions chaos explosions give excellent clear-speed
- More freedom of choice as Desecrate + Offerings are not mandatory

- Lowest single target DPS
- Specters need "minion life support" in helmet to survive endgame boss fights
- Needs endgame gear to tank and clear at high speed

Scores (1-5)
- Total damage : 3
- Single target damage : 3
- Defense : 5

Elementalist 6x Flame Golems + 3 Specters

- Most overall damage
- Fastest clear-speed (Mobs + boss)

- Least defense

Scores (1-5)
- Total damage : 5
- Single target damage : 4,5
- Defense : 2

Elementalist 4+1+1x Golems + 2 Specters

- Status immunity (freeze, chill, burn, shock & bleed[requires specific boots])
- Blinded enemies[requires specific gloves] (50% chance to evade melee attacks)
- Can swap status removal flasks to other types
- Not worrying about any ailments makes playing maps very relaxing

- Boots and gloves needed for bleed immunity and change to blind are expensive

Scores (1-5)
- Total damage : 4,5
- Single target damage : 4
- Defense : 3

All 3x should work fine with your gear and you can choose based on your preferred game-style ;)

"
Heya Kayella! Thanks for letting me know about the ability to swap points out in the tree if running AOTS instead of EW on Blasphemy. I took out the 2 small reserved mana reduction nodes on the way to Sovereignty and took the 1 node Aura Effect route to it instead. Used the extra freed point on Zealot's Oath for the nice Poison immunity. Time to get my revenge on Fenumus lol.

Mika, I finally got around to testing my build on Shaper with AOTS too. IMO, it's much easier for end game bosses, especially stuff like Minotaur as it applies at a much larger AoE than EW. Furthermore, it just slaps a spider web debuff on the boss every second, so you can literally duck in and out, the boss will have 3 debuffs for a short time and you can just command your golems at a distance.

I also managed to boost my golems damage to 73+k shaper dps on Occultist with my current setup. I threw out cast while channeling for a self-cast desecrate-flesh offering. This allowed me to make use of my 2 abyss jewel's '#% more minion damage if used minion skill recently' and just contributes to a more active playstyle for me. Ball Lightning is much easier to fire and move, I find my playstyle benefits from not standing still alot in bosses.

Lastly, about Bob the AG. My AG gear set can be found in the PoB link attached the the following Shaper kill vid. The most notable change is I bought him a Belly of the Beast. Yes, that's right. Bob is wearing a BoB. Since AoTS takes care of hinder as well, I gave up Singularity for Advancing Fortress claw for nice block chance buff and eHP. Leer Cast's 15% damage is a sweet buff and from the video, you can tell that he's living through Shaper. I've done Shaper about 5 times the same way, all deathless, AG included. After letting go of EW and CwC for the self cast, I managed to free a slot for both fortify on shield charge, and minion life on Bob.

Feel really happy bout the build so far, thank you so much for making the framework of this. Seriously great resource for aspiring golemancers everywhere.

Here's the Shaper kill. Uber Elder's next people. Who says only RF's get to have all the fun? :D
https://youtu.be/kDpTm6J-ltA

Gz on very nice Shaper kill!

Ok, I will be testing AOTS when I get my hand on it as it sounds pretty good :)

You might like Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> (GMP) if you have places to socket it. Spell totem gives you even more freedom to kite and focus on casting desecrate + offering.

Nice pun of words XD AG (Bob) seems to do pretty well in Shaper fight. Basically even minion life support makes it tanky enough to run with Shaper if being careful with its maps. Your setup looks pretty tanky, but dropping 6% regen from armor might be dangerous in some bosses.

If you want to share your build variant with others, you can use template from :
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -> NECROMANCER, OCCULTIST OR ELEMENTALIST?
edit how your variant compares to default and link pob?

"
Oh thank you! PoB kinda confuses me at times, that makes me feel a lot better! xD

I actually switched from Necro to Occultist & I'm enjoying it a lot more, I don't fall over so much, except sometimes in map arena's, I guess I'm needing to adjust to not having all the block.
The chaos explosion from occultist is also SO darn satisfying when clearing maps! xD

Is Rumi's still a good flask for me to be using with Occultist? Or should I throw it aside for something else.

I'm working on leveling my empower, I just play 2 characters so it doesn't get as much exp as it could, I guess I could level it in a 2nd weapon set on my other character too.
So 21/0 is better than 20/20 for Golems? I'll go grab one. :3

Working on saving for the sotl now, just bought presence since both of my characters use it so I made that my prio over upgrading my chest, since I'm still new to the game in general I haven't picked up on how to make currency easier/faster. The price of exalts at the moment also is crazy! ._.

Hi :)

Np, glad it helped ^^

Occultist is awesome to play but really demanding on gear to do decent DPS as ascendancy has no minion damage. I also agree that chaos explosions are music to ears! :D

Rumi is ok, if you can get good roll. 1/5 chance to avoid 1hk minitaur attack is pretty decent if thought that way. Legacy is of of course amazing to any build.

Level is better than quality with Golems, so 21/0 is nice upgrade and very cheap also.

Gz in getting the Presence! Really makes the difference and is nice to share with other hybrid chars. Once you have min-maxed all decent price upgrades and can just alch + vaal all maps without worrying about mods, currency starts to come at steady flow ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Последняя редакция: mika2salo. Время: 15 апр. 2018 г., 15:01:17
"

Np, glad it helped ^^

Occultist is awesome to play but really demanding on gear to do decent DPS as ascendancy has no minion damage. I also agree that chaos explosions are music to ears! :D

Rumi is ok, if you can get good roll. 1/5 chance to avoid 1hk minitaur attack is pretty decent if thought that way. Legacy is of of course amazing to any build.

Level is better than quality with Golems, so 21/0 is nice upgrade and very cheap also.

Gz in getting the Presence! Really makes the difference and is nice to share with other hybrid chars. Once you have min-maxed all decent price upgrades and can just alch + vaal all maps without worrying about mods, currency starts to come at steady flow ;)

What do you mean by legacy, on the flasks part. :x I'ma newb.

Grabbed a 21/0 Golem & a level 3 empower, up to 81.5k dps now. :3
Next prio for me will definitely be my sotl upgrade!

Yeah the Presence is so nice, my other character is an aura bot so I actually do more on her at the moment since I made her to play with a friend, so I haven't done anything like minotaur etc on my witch yet.

I'm pretty tempted to go for this build next league too, part of me wants to try something different but I really enjoy it!
I can't seem to get Tukohama Vanguards. I go to the Coast/Mud Flats/The Karui Fortress in A6 and no matter how many times I cast Desecrate I can't see them. Also I cannot create them into spectres naturally as they crumble and I can't use them.
Последняя редакция: nickswan. Время: 15 апр. 2018 г., 23:10:21
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dizasterxc/characters u can tell me what i should change now ?
"
mika2salo написал:

Gz on very nice Shaper kill!

Ok, I will be testing AOTS when I get my hand on it as it sounds pretty good :)

You might like Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> (GMP) if you have places to socket it. Spell totem gives you even more freedom to kite and focus on casting desecrate + offering.

Nice pun of words XD AG (Bob) seems to do pretty well in Shaper fight. Basically even minion life support makes it tanky enough to run with Shaper if being careful with its maps. Your setup looks pretty tanky, but dropping 6% regen from armor might be dangerous in some bosses.

If you want to share your build variant with others, you can use template from :
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -> NECROMANCER, OCCULTIST OR ELEMENTALIST?
edit how your variant compares to default and link pob?

Gotcha boss. I'm gonna test Spell Totem out abit more as I've heard it can really help redirect the minions. Atziri's split phase takes longer than it should because golems can't decide who to kill first I guess.

As for the regen from Zahn Cossack, it definitely helps a lot in bosses, but I find myself running around really often and never really benefiting from that. Used to get a lot of stress from babysitting Bob, but BoB (belly beast) solved that problem so I might just stick with it. I'll let everyone know how it goes on Uber Elder though, if specter and golems really need more regen then I'll have to reconsider things.

Lastly, Bob still almost died on a Shaper fight recently due to not being able to regen because of the ball that drops the vortex ground effect. I'm guessing these kinds of degens/DoTs are the reason for Zahn Cossack? Advancing Fortress actually already adds so much tankiness to Bob thanks to additional 15% more block chance so it might not be necessary for Bob to wear a BoB.

Once I stop configuring the build I'll post it as a build variant according to your FAQ :) Thanks for helping me tweak too! Nice that there's a good place to trade golem secrets on this thread.
"
Vervaiin написал:
"

Np, glad it helped ^^

What do you mean by legacy, on the flasks part. :x I'ma newb.

Grabbed a 21/0 Golem & a level 3 empower, up to 81.5k dps now. :3
Next prio for me will definitely be my sotl upgrade!

Yeah the Presence is so nice, my other character is an aura bot so I actually do more on her at the moment since I made her to play with a friend, so I haven't done anything like minotaur etc on my witch yet.

I'm pretty tempted to go for this build next league too, part of me wants to try something different but I really enjoy it!

I mean legacy variant of the Rumi's flask that cant drop anymore and can only be traded in standard :

Most legacy items are lot better than new, balanced (nerfed) rolls. They can however cost huge amounts of currency if the item is popular.

I have the same problem as I have done 4-5 league in a row with Golems :D I always test some new build also but they require more work to kill enemies. At least there are now 3x Ascendancies to swap when one gets too familiar ^^

"
I can't seem to get Tukohama Vanguards. I go to the Coast/Mud Flats/The Karui Fortress in A6 and no matter how many times I cast Desecrate I can't see them. Also I cannot create them into spectres naturally as they crumble and I can't use them.

These guys are actually the Tukohama Vanguards that you want to raise. They summon the Totem you most likely mean :

The Totems then cast the Scorching Ray that deals main damage from Specters. Totems die after certain time and can't be raised directly.

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dizasterxc/characters u can tell me what i should change now ?

Your profile is set to private, so I can't see your characters, gear or tree. Please set chars to public so that I can see them.

"
Gotcha boss. I'm gonna test Spell Totem out abit more as I've heard it can really help redirect the minions. Atziri's split phase takes longer than it should because golems can't decide who to kill first I guess.

As for the regen from Zahn Cossack, it definitely helps a lot in bosses, but I find myself running around really often and never really benefiting from that. Used to get a lot of stress from babysitting Bob, but BoB (belly beast) solved that problem so I might just stick with it. I'll let everyone know how it goes on Uber Elder though, if specter and golems really need more regen then I'll have to reconsider things.

Lastly, Bob still almost died on a Shaper fight recently due to not being able to regen because of the ball that drops the vortex ground effect. I'm guessing these kinds of degens/DoTs are the reason for Zahn Cossack? Advancing Fortress actually already adds so much tankiness to Bob thanks to additional 15% more block chance so it might not be necessary for Bob to wear a BoB.

Once I stop configuring the build I'll post it as a build variant according to your FAQ :) Thanks for helping me tweak too! Nice that there's a good place to trade golem secrets on this thread.

Old setup used Spell Totem with great results as it gave total focus to kiting. If you are using Totem and not spamming Shield Charge too often, Phase Run on CWDT works also very good to keep you alive.

AG's survival is pretty tricky as it's almost totally rng block based. If it can block Shapers balls and wont be eating Shapers laser head on, AG wont have any problem in Shaper fight even with 1 link. However 2-3 bad blocks with Shapers ball and AG is dead even with minion life support. As AGs defenses range from total immortality to dies in 2-3 bad blocks in Shaper, it's really hard to recommend using it there.

Zahn Cassock is pretty much required item as it gives AG capped chaos res and high regen is AGs main way to survive between blocks as each hit through eat significant part of its HP.

Np, I really enjoy reading and checking what variants posters are coming up with ^^

I'll be waiting for your variant post ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Последняя редакция: mika2salo. Время: 16 апр. 2018 г., 7:20:32
see if u can see now ?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация