[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

[/quote]

A little bit more information then.

With INCREASED damage, all sources of INCREASED damage are added together, and then this sum is used to increase your damage with.

Example: Your golem does 100 damage. You add ALL sources of increased damage (on the tree, on your gems, on your jewels, on your gear). Say this is 140% increased damage. Now your golem does 100+140=240 damage. If you then add 20% additional increased damage through a new source, your golem does 260 damage. If you add another 20% increased damage, the golem does 280 damage.

Conclusion: if you already have a lot of increased damage, adding additional increased damage does not help a lot.

MORE damage works differently. Each source of MORE damage is multiplied separately.

Example: Take the same golem with 140% increased damage that does 240 damage.
If we now add 20% MORE damage, the golem would do 20%*240=48 additional damage for a total of 288. If we find another source of 20% MORE damage, the golem does 20%*288=57 additional damage for a total of 345 damage. With a third source it becomes 20%*345=69 additional damage for a total of 414. With every source of MORE damage, the total damage rapidly increases.

Conclusion: regardless of how much damage you do, adding MORE damage is always good.

Overall conclusion: MORE is (almost always) better than INCREASED.

In general my golems do not need extra life: only Core-Malachai, DarkForest-Wolfie, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri and Elemental Reflection kill my golems, and a bit of extra life will not really help there.

Overall overall conclusion: Slower Projectiles > Enhance
[/quote]

ok, that makes sense, thanks for clarification. Sorry for getting off topic, just one last question:
How does the system determine, which source of more damage multiplier to use first in the total damage calculation?
Because using the highest sources at last would result in much more damage then the other way around?
Hey there!

I'm leveling summoner for the first time, been extensively following your guide. You mention necromancy is the best ascendancy, but I see the section comparing elementalist and now I have no idea which to choose.

What do you recommend?
"
justinmira написал:
Hey there!

I'm leveling summoner for the first time, been extensively following your guide. You mention necromancy is the best ascendancy, but I see the section comparing elementalist and now I have no idea which to choose.

What do you recommend?

Hi,

I remember Mika answering something like this a few pages back. This is @Mika2Salo's response:

"
mika2salo написал:

Hi :)

Elementalist has only one good Ascenancy node for Golems and has very low defense. Ele is good for farming bosses at early game when reaching T16 maps, Shaper and Atziri. However level progression will be very slow as Ele dies more often.

I usually recommend :
Acts -> t15 = Necro
Early endgame = Elementalist
Late endgame = Necro

@Mika2Salo

Thx again for the advice a page or so ago.

Just swapped my Heretic's Veil for a Vertex. Had to spec into the leadership cluster for the 4% reduced mana res to enable me to run the blasphemy temp chains, enfeeble and discipline. Also bought a lvl 3 enhance since mine is still miles off from leveling to 3. Already feel safer in maps even though I had to drop an 8% & 6% ES node to fit it in. Not got any quality on my curses either so really looking forward to rolling those back over to lvl 1 & 20% qual. Added a Vaal Discipline as well which has helped vs Harbingers or bosses if things get a little dicey.

Got Skittering runes and the 10% increased curse effectiveness by whispers of doom. It's actually quite funny how I can just wade into packs now. The leaping mobs slow down so much in mid-air when they enter my blasphemy radius!!

My elementalist is feeling fairly tanky at this point up to T13 which is as high as I have managed so far. Even a Chayula breach in a T13 was fairly farmable (thanks Vertex :P). Given the reduced accuracy that all the mobs get from enfeeble just wondering what you thought of running some sort of evasion flask?

In fact all my flasks are pure garbage atm but I'm still trying to figure out the best setup. Still planning on running Death's Door boots I think so I know I will need flasks with burning / shock removal as per your advice. Ideally want curse and freeze removal too. That would seem to limit the unique flasks quite a bit but maybe that is ok?

Possibly then:-

1. Life Flask - Shock removal
2. Basalt Flask - Curse Removal
3. Jade Flask - Freeze Removal
4. Granite Flask - Burn Removal
5. Quicksilver Flask - Faster Speed

Последняя редакция: DrHarvey12. Время: 25 авг. 2017 г., 11:06:14
"
DrHarvey12 написал:

In fact all my flasks are pure garbage atm but I'm still trying to figure out the best setup. Still planning on running Death's Door boots I think so I know I will need flasks with burning / shock removal as per your advice. Ideally want curse and freeze removal too. That would seem to limit the unique flasks quite a bit but maybe that is ok?

I personally don't value shock removal very high anymore with the nerfs to shock. Shocked ground especially. Shock removal was a must have for breaches when it was almost guaranteed you'd be standing in shocked ground for a good amount of time. Now that it's only 10%, I'd probably value getting a rumi's more.

But I'm in HC and running two health pots.
"
Shiverwarp написал:

I personally don't value shock removal very high anymore with the nerfs to shock. Shocked ground especially. Shock removal was a must have for breaches when it was almost guaranteed you'd be standing in shocked ground for a good amount of time. Now that it's only 10%, I'd probably value getting a rumi's more.

Ok, cool. I'm happy not to bother with shock. I've not noticed taking tons more damage when running shocked ground maps - the few times I have had to. Rumi's was the unique flask I thought would be the most handy so I'll prioritise trying to pick one up soon. Plus I am SC so the odd death here and there isn't the end of the world since I'm only lvl 90. I am currently running 2 health pots but typically they don't see that much use.
I am a little lost for how this build has high survival unless a very high amount of currency is dumped into the build. Getting 4 golems alone is quite expensive, anything more than around a 5k ES with discipline active is super pricey. I have fallowed the build path and items on this guide all of the way through and am still having a hard time surviving and doing damage. The flame golems are not passively aggressive so unless someone has an extra 200c to drop on the jem it makes it difficult to direct the golems, using totem helps keep golems agro but then flame dash or another form of movement jem is sacrificed in the process which makes the character super slow. I had more success with spectres as damage. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or what my build is lacking but so far at level 90 I'm not seeing a big benefit to favor golems. Maybe I can get someone to look at my build or give me a few tips on how to run this build.
so been wanting to try this build out but wasnt allowed to due to lack of currency. Well a head hunter divination card just netted me 14ex so guess I can give it a shot now lol. I remember reading somewhere about using different flavors of golems and how effective they are mapping vs boss killer vs balanced. Are the golems interchangeable in this build or will I need to do some Regretting?
IGN: DabrixRN
Последняя редакция: Thomasmgp. Время: 25 авг. 2017 г., 16:38:06
"
A little bit more information then.

With INCREASED damage, all sources of INCREASED damage are added together, and then this sum is used to increase your damage with.

Example: Your golem does 100 damage. You add ALL sources of increased damage (on the tree, on your gems, on your jewels, on your gear). Say this is 140% increased damage. Now your golem does 100+140=240 damage. If you then add 20% additional increased damage through a new source, your golem does 260 damage. If you add another 20% increased damage, the golem does 280 damage.

Conclusion: if you already have a lot of increased damage, adding additional increased damage does not help a lot.

MORE damage works differently. Each source of MORE damage is multiplied separately.

Example: Take the same golem with 140% increased damage that does 240 damage.
If we now add 20% MORE damage, the golem would do 20%*240=48 additional damage for a total of 288. If we find another source of 20% MORE damage, the golem does 20%*288=57 additional damage for a total of 345 damage. With a third source it becomes 20%*345=69 additional damage for a total of 414. With every source of MORE damage, the total damage rapidly increases.

Conclusion: regardless of how much damage you do, adding MORE damage is always good.

Overall conclusion: MORE is (almost always) better than INCREASED.

In general my golems do not need extra life: only Core-Malachai, DarkForest-Wolfie, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri and Elemental Reflection kill my golems, and a bit of extra life will not really help there.

Overall overall conclusion: Slower Projectiles > Enhance

"
ok, that makes sense, thanks for clarification. Sorry for getting off topic, just one last question:
How does the system determine, which source of more damage multiplier to use first in the total damage calculation?
Because using the highest sources at last would result in much more damage then the other way around?

Yep, more damage is preferred to increased damage in most cases. If I remember correctly it goes in order:
Base damage -> Increased damage -> More damage

"
Hey there!

What do you recommend?

"
Hi,

I remember Mika answering something like this a few pages back. This is @Mika2Salo's response:

"

Elementalist has only one good Ascenancy node for Golems and has very low defense. Ele is good for farming bosses at early game when reaching T16 maps, Shaper and Atziri. However level progression will be very slow as Ele dies more often.

I usually recommend :
Acts -> t15 = Necro
Early endgame = Elementalist
Late endgame = Necro

Hi!

So many players requested Elementalist option that I added it to guide. I will write more for Elementalist later as its basically best class for farming currency when on low gear and trying to kill endgame bosses.

if you have enough currency to buy decent endgame gear, I recommend skipping Elementalist for Necromancer to get much higher defenses and smoother endgame.

Many players however like to play as Elementalist in endgame too, so its easy to try it out as Skill trees are identical and switching Ascendancy costs less than 1 ex in Regrets.

"
Hello ! Something bother me, i'm currently using this ring because i don't want to buy a new one

Verified
I would like to know if it is ok with elemental equilibrium ? I guess the answer is yes because it apply to attacks and we only use spells but i need a confirmation. Sorry for the noob question.

Also i have another question, if we use tempest shield (in CWDT setup) to proc elemental equilibrium, do we still need spell totem setup then ? (since tempest shield will be up almost all the time)

Damage on rings affect only attacks and not spell. You cant trigger elemental equilibrium with that rings.

Tempest Shield triggers EE, but only when you block. Without Bone Offering or Rumis you block chance is 0-3% so its not very reliable. It's nice addition to spread EE but let say that you don't want to be blocking Shaper with 3% block chance to spread EE on him ;)

"
@Mika2Salo

Thx again for the advice a page or so ago.

Just swapped my Heretic's Veil for a Vertex. Had to spec into the leadership cluster for the 4% reduced mana res to enable me to run the blasphemy temp chains, enfeeble and discipline. Also bought a lvl 3 enhance since mine is still miles off from leveling to 3. Already feel safer in maps even though I had to drop an 8% & 6% ES node to fit it in. Not got any quality on my curses either so really looking forward to rolling those back over to lvl 1 & 20% qual. Added a Vaal Discipline as well which has helped vs Harbingers or bosses if things get a little dicey.

Got Skittering runes and the 10% increased curse effectiveness by whispers of doom. It's actually quite funny how I can just wade into packs now. The leaping mobs slow down so much in mid-air when they enter my blasphemy radius!!

My elementalist is feeling fairly tanky at this point up to T13 which is as high as I have managed so far. Even a Chayula breach in a T13 was fairly farmable (thanks Vertex :P). Given the reduced accuracy that all the mobs get from enfeeble just wondering what you thought of running some sort of evasion flask?

"

"
Ok, cool. I'm happy not to bother with shock. I've not noticed taking tons more damage when running shocked ground maps - the few times I have had to. Rumi's was the unique flask I thought would be the most handy so I'll prioritise trying to pick one up soon. Plus I am SC so the odd death here and there isn't the end of the world since I'm only lvl 90. I am currently running 2 health pots but typically they don't see that much use.

Hey :)

Glad to hear it worked out. High level Temporal Chains is ridiculously strong defense from non-boss enemies.

My flasks are pretty much garbage except Rumis :

Most important is to have 1 mana flask to spam Totem on no regen maps and to stay of low mana while using Infernal Mantle. Others should have remove burn / freeze / bleed and maybe poison. Shock is not a big problem.

Death's Door boots should be fine if you are using remove burn / freeze flasks.

- Stibnite Flask could be fun as it "Creates a Smoke Cloud on Use" which blinds all nearby enemies.
- Granite/Basalt Flask is very strong as build has almost zero armor
- Jade Flask is good especially with Stibnite Flask

Unique flasks are not very useful to build as they don't affect minions. "Rotgut" works as insane movement boost with all the frenzy charges. 90% movement speed for about 6 second.

"
I am a little lost for how this build has high survival unless a very high amount of currency is dumped into the build. Getting 4 golems alone is quite expensive, anything more than around a 5k ES with discipline active is super pricey. I have fallowed the build path and items on this guide all of the way through and am still having a hard time surviving and doing damage. The flame golems are not passively aggressive so unless someone has an extra 200c to drop on the jem it makes it difficult to direct the golems, using totem helps keep golems agro but then flame dash or another form of movement jem is sacrificed in the process which makes the character super slow. I had more success with spectres as damage. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or what my build is lacking but so far at level 90 I'm not seeing a big benefit to favor golems. Maybe I can get someone to look at my build or give me a few tips on how to run this build.

Hi!

Lots of uniques used in build have high ES and low cost (Vertex, Rainboswtride, Infernal Mantle).

Raising Golems level is best way to add damage, so try to buy corrupt level 20/20 Flame Golems for few chaos. Using Infernal Mantle gives Golems +1 level as does Skin of the Loyal. When you can buy and use level 20/20 Flame Golem, they easily out-DPS Specters.

For keeping Golems in target you can link :
Scorching Ray -> Cast when Channeling -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

This keeps Golems on target and offering up while lowering enemys fire res.

You profile is private so cant say much about your gear.

"
so been wanting to try this build out but wasnt allowed to due to lack of currency. Well a head hunter divination card just netted me 14ex so guess I can give it a shot now lol. I remember reading somewhere about using different flavors of golems and how effective they are mapping vs boss killer vs balanced. Are the golems interchangeable in this build or will I need to do some Regretting?

Hello :)

Elementalist is best class if you want to mix Golems for maximal damage (4+1+1) with dual clayshapers. However defenses will be very low and Melee based bosses can wreck elemental immune Golems (Minotaur, Chimera). Default builds Necromancer focuses on 4x Flame Golems and shield to get maximal defense while doing good DPS.

More info about mixing Golems can be found here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5mqmcq/10_primordial_harmony_6_golem_damage_comparison/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Последняя редакция: mika2salo. Время: 25 авг. 2017 г., 18:04:22
UPDATE

Big thanks for user "Shiverwarp" to verifying Cast When Damage Taken bug!

I have now updated CWDT links for the guide and build. Desecrate and Bone Offering are always in different links to make sure they work every time.

New links are :

I added "Tempest Shield" to level 1 CWDT setup for extra defense and Elemental Equilibrium triggers. It gives 3% block chance when active (about 1% spellblock with rainbowstrides), Sends arc to enemy when you block and causes EE to trigger with lightning damage. it also refreshes its duration of each block, so its in almost all the time.

best place for 4-link CWDT in in gloves. The colors are very important as Phase Run has to be last link of the chain of active skills. Order is :

1 ⇒ 2
......⇓
4 ⇐ 3

and Phase Run has to be after both Desecrate and Tempest Shield or casting them will cancel Phase Run.

best place for 3-link CWDT in in shield.

I also :
- Split build guide to posts #1 and #3 as 50k chars are full
- Added Minotaur boss kill tactics
- Updated Pantheon gods
- Added alternative gems for non-shield (dual Clayshaper) builds
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Последняя редакция: mika2salo. Время: 25 авг. 2017 г., 20:12:45
is it worth to have a herald of ash aura ?

how much dps would it give to golems?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация