3.0 | Morphyne's Arctic Breath Elementalist [SC/HC Viable]

Awesome Build, I really like it!

I got a few Questions though:

You wrote "Our final setup gives us enough mana regen to not need a mana potion."
Can you maybe recommend some Flasks? I so far use 1 of each Life to remove Bleed/Curses/Poison/Freeze but I can't find a 5th suitable Flask. And I am not sure if I even need removal of any of those except Bleed. I just use them from another Char.

Also, I'd like to know how you handle the mana cost? You recommend Jewels with 5% reduced Cost. So far my AB is level 15 and in a 5 Link (no IncAoe) it uses 49 Mana. I also have a rare Ring with -7 to Mana Cost, otherwise it would be 56. I regen 41 Mana per Second and I cast 3 Times per second. So Spell Echo makes one Free cast right, but still 1,5 Times per Second that use Mana, makes a Cost of 73,5 Mana per Second. My Tree is finished except missing one Jewel Socket, but even with another 5% reduced Mana cost there I would still need 70 Mana per Second. To notice aswell: I have no 6th link yet (another 40% Mana cost), and I use Ice Golem instead of Lightning Golem to get more Crits and Damage. While less Cast speed means less Mana cost, right?

With a level 3 Enlighten linked to Grace and Herald I have 315 Mana left, wich sounds pretty much but Tier 4 Maps and Merciless Lab are not doable so far, and with higher level AB the mana cost would even rise more.
A Question beside, why do you link your Enlighten to Grace and AA? Linking Enlighted to AA has no effect since our AA is free, or does it give you more Mana instead of reserving than?

I also tried it with Clarity up (got a 6S 5L PF), but neither Gear nor Passives provide enough increased Regen to make it worth using. I cant figure out if you can get Mana leech or Mana on Kill somehow.
I see on your Video you oneshot most Mobs, so you do not run out of Mana. But how about the much higher Tier Maps or Uber Lab?

Also, I find it really really hard to deal with Bosses with more Monsters around. Having Frenzy Charges up making AB Chaining is really nice in Clearing, but I really hate it on Bosses. It just feels like it would remove the whole Shotgun Effect, making Boss Killing a real Pain. However, if you manage to kill all Mobs and the Boss has no respawn Effect, it is just fine as soon as the Frenzy Charges have expired.

I wonder if its worth to respec for Alira, what did you choose? I would lack 2 Life notes than, maybe 2 more to get the other Jewel Socket. And/Or another 2 to get Shaper? 40% Mana and 1% Life Regen sounds not too bad for 2 Passive Points.

Also, can you recommend a Goal of prefered Cold Resistance? I am at 165% now and 39% chance to evade. Feels a bit squishy sometimes.

Last but not least, do you have the Flame Golem leveled? In the Video I dont see a Skill Slot for it to spawn it, so I would guess you did not level it and make it spawning from CwDt. But wouldn't it be better to have a leveled one for a bigger Damage Bonus? Or is it just a thing of preference, being too lazy to worry about two Golems instead of one only?
Also I would like to know what level your CwDt is. Most times I see it on level 1 in other Build Guides, but I tested it and I very often got it triggered more than one time in 3 Seconds and since IC has a CD of 3 Seconds that is a bit of bad Thing, right?

Well, I wrote in the first Line that I really like your Build. And I do! The only thing I don't like is running out of Mana before the Mobs are dead.
Последняя редакция: JTiYo. Время: 17 сент. 2017 г., 10:05:04
Hi, some question: Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet (standard) - does it make sense to dress?
"
JTiYo написал:
Awesome Build, I really like it!

I got a few Questions though:

You wrote "Our final setup gives us enough mana regen to not need a mana potion."
Can you maybe recommend some Flasks? I so far use 1 of each Life to remove Bleed/Curses/Poison/Freeze but I can't find a 5th suitable Flask. And I am not sure if I even need removal of any of those except Bleed. I just use them from another Char.

Also, I'd like to know how you handle the mana cost? You recommend Jewels with 5% reduced Cost. So far my AB is level 15 and in a 5 Link (no IncAoe) it uses 49 Mana. I also have a rare Ring with -7 to Mana Cost, otherwise it would be 56. I regen 41 Mana per Second and I cast 3 Times per second. So Spell Echo makes one Free cast right, but still 1,5 Times per Second that use Mana, makes a Cost of 73,5 Mana per Second. My Tree is finished except missing one Jewel Socket, but even with another 5% reduced Mana cost there I would still need 70 Mana per Second. To notice aswell: I have no 6th link yet (another 40% Mana cost), and I use Ice Golem instead of Lightning Golem to get more Crits and Damage. While less Cast speed means less Mana cost, right?

With a level 3 Enlighten linked to Grace and Herald I have 315 Mana left, wich sounds pretty much but Tier 4 Maps and Merciless Lab are not doable so far, and with higher level AB the mana cost would even rise more.
A Question beside, why do you link your Enlighten to Grace and AA? Linking Enlighted to AA has no effect since our AA is free, or does it give you more Mana instead of reserving than?

I also tried it with Clarity up (got a 6S 5L PF), but neither Gear nor Passives provide enough increased Regen to make it worth using. I cant figure out if you can get Mana leech or Mana on Kill somehow.
I see on your Video you oneshot most Mobs, so you do not run out of Mana. But how about the much higher Tier Maps or Uber Lab?

Also, I find it really really hard to deal with Bosses with more Monsters around. Having Frenzy Charges up making AB Chaining is really nice in Clearing, but I really hate it on Bosses. It just feels like it would remove the whole Shotgun Effect, making Boss Killing a real Pain. However, if you manage to kill all Mobs and the Boss has no respawn Effect, it is just fine as soon as the Frenzy Charges have expired.

I wonder if its worth to respec for Alira, what did you choose? I would lack 2 Life notes than, maybe 2 more to get the other Jewel Socket. And/Or another 2 to get Shaper? 40% Mana and 1% Life Regen sounds not too bad for 2 Passive Points.

Also, can you recommend a Goal of prefered Cold Resistance? I am at 165% now and 39% chance to evade. Feels a bit squishy sometimes.

Last but not least, do you have the Flame Golem leveled? In the Video I dont see a Skill Slot for it to spawn it, so I would guess you did not level it and make it spawning from CwDt. But wouldn't it be better to have a leveled one for a bigger Damage Bonus? Or is it just a thing of preference, being too lazy to worry about two Golems instead of one only?
Also I would like to know what level your CwDt is. Most times I see it on level 1 in other Build Guides, but I tested it and I very often got it triggered more than one time in 3 Seconds and since IC has a CD of 3 Seconds that is a bit of bad Thing, right?

Well, I wrote in the first Line that I really like your Build. And I do! The only thing I don't like is running out of Mana before the Mobs are dead.

Hello there JTiYo, I really appreciate you taking the time to type all this out. I know how tedious it can be! :P
So I'll respond to your quote as best as I can going line by line in direct response to each paragraph.

My personal Flask setup is generally two Seething Flasks of Life, Either a Quicksilver/Cold Res Flask, Curse and Jade Flask.

With the mana cost issue, I actually found out that stacking a lot of mana regen is better than getting reduced mana cost. We can use Arcane Surge and link it with our movement ability to gain extra mana regen while we travel through maps. AB is such a tough skill to balance since it has such a high mana cost. I carried one till i got to T11 maps when I had all the reduced mana on the passive tree and used Arcane Surge on my movement and it seems to be working very well.

The placement of Enlightenment is just to assist Grace to lower some mana reserve. My original idea was to have Herald of Ice and Grace linked together with Enlightenment to get enough mana to cast AB. But our Herald of Ice setup is too good to lose all that extra dps. I haven't been on in awhile to mess around with some other ways of getting better mana reserve, my only recommendation would be to get an Essence Wurm and throw Grace in there. That would help a lot with getting extra mana to cast AB more efficiently.

AB is definitely not a strong single-target type of ability by no means. One vs. One against bosses, it will take time to kill them if you don't have them up against terrain to help AB shotgun. With bosses I tend to switch to Ice Nova to help deal with them quickly. I'll make a note in the Gem Setup section to further explain that. Killing bosses when monsters around should help AB kill bosses faster so I'm not sure why it's hard for you to kill them.

I personally went with Alira to help with mana regen problems. That flat mana regen is amazing end game especially when we are grabbing 40% here and 20% there, it really makes a difference.

165% is more than enough. 39% evasion isn't too bad with a jade flask, that will put you up over 50% which will reduce a little bit of squishy-ness.

I have flame golem at level 10, since my CWDT setup is at lvl 8. You really don't even need to worry about maxing out your golem's level. The difference in damage that he gives you is barely noticeable. But I left that up to the player, if they wanted CWDT to cast it for them, it makes it easier to not stop every 30 seconds to recast him. Or if you want the extra 4% damage, you can max him out.

Thanks for enjoying the build! I get it, running out of mana is stressful, especially on HC when it could kill you.
"
Toyohara написал:
Hi, some question: Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet (standard) - does it make sense to dress?

It wouldn't be a bad option, but we would be losing a lot of resistances so your rare pieces of gear would need to compensate. Otherwise it can be a good fit.
Loving the build, but can we get a pastbin please?
nice helpfull build/guides!! im playing this build right now.. can u look into my gears to give advice.
"
tuberiolse написал:
nice helpfull build/guides!! im playing this build right now.. can u look into my gears to give advice.

Sure, just post a setup of your gear here and I'll do my best. :)
Hey im playing this game since a week, im wondering why you are using the listed helmet, gloves, boots and the chest. I guess you are using the chest for the Arcitc amor but why the others parts?
Can you post like an end game set? Or is this the endgame set?
And why arent you using the Bait totem?
The only liferegenaration we have is from potions right?
Последняя редакция: Briqht. Время: 10 окт. 2017 г., 18:11:38
"
Briqht написал:
Hey im playing this game since a week, im wondering why you are using the listed helmet, gloves, boots and the chest. I guess you are using the chest for the Arcitc amor but why the others parts?
Can you post like an end game set? Or is this the endgame set?
And why arent you using the Bait totem?

The gear setup on the guide is a more of a guideline to what you need to build towards end-game. So no, this gear set has potential to be upgraded to further progression in end game. Yes, the chest piece is to use Arctic Armour for free and also to build a big amount of evasion to help us evading big hits. The reasoning behind using rare pieces in those particular slots is strictly for maxing out our resists. If we were to use another unique in any of those slots, we wouldn't be able to have enough resists and also life to gear towards end game. As far as posting a better set, this character has been long retired as you can see the gear was put together back in Breach league two seasons ago. I'm not sure what you mean by bait totem? I suppose you mean Decoy Totem? It's up to you if you want to use another gem setup to implement that into the build. The gem setup the way it is, is once again a guideline to help steer you into the right direction to make this build work. And no, we gain life regen from our passives.

Hope this helps Briqht. Thanks for the feedback!
Последняя редакция: Morphyne123. Время: 10 окт. 2017 г., 21:48:20
Hi, i have a question, what do you think about the new 3.1 patch ?

the "doon cuebiyari vaal sceptre" will not be possible to use in the 3.1 for witchs.. sceptres will only be able to be used for templars now..

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация