[3.2] Beginner Guide - Frostbolt Elementalist (with 10c Budget Gearing Video)

"
TheGrumpyLobster написал:
Do you think this would work with freezing pulse if you switched out the gems for first snow ones?

Yes. It should work well. At the start of the freezing pulse, it has a 25% chance to freeze. So that coupled with all the freeze chance from the tree and gear is very nice.

Projectile speed is a very nice stat for Freeze pulse as it makes the pulse travel further before dissipating, thus increasing your damage and chance to freeze. So if you can pick up a bit of extra proj speed from gear or jewels that would be ideal. (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freezing_Pulse)

I don't think I would change anything in the links or tree, but you could try adding faster projectiles in and see if you prefer that over hypothermia (whichever you don't choose would an option for your sixth link, same with added cold or empower lvl 3 or 4)
Someone requested a video so I added one. Sorry it's nothing special!
I'm very new to PoE and was very happy when I found your Beginner friendly guide. I've just cleared act 4 without too much of a problem and am having a blast! (I started on the Bestiary thing and bought a Frozen Trail not so long ago when I understood how the trading works.)

After running the labyrinth for the first time, I couldn't help but check the guide again and notice you suggest TWO golems after picking up the Ascendary point that gives an extra one.

Looking at the gear distribution, if I wanted to fit in the lightning golem (Using the fire one atm), should I get rid of a gem on the boots? Since I'm pretty sure slapping it on a stray slot would make a weak golem. If so, what should I replace? CWDT/IC or increased duration?

Again though, really awesome guide!
"
SirDreko написал:
I'm very new to PoE and was very happy when I found your Beginner friendly guide. I've just cleared act 4 without too much of a problem and am having a blast! (I started on the Bestiary thing and bought a Frozen Trail not so long ago when I understood how the trading works.)

After running the labyrinth for the first time, I couldn't help but check the guide again and notice you suggest TWO golems after picking up the Ascendary point that gives an extra one.

Looking at the gear distribution, if I wanted to fit in the lightning golem (Using the fire one atm), should I get rid of a gem on the boots? Since I'm pretty sure slapping it on a stray slot would make a weak golem. If so, what should I replace? CWDT/IC or increased duration?

Again though, really awesome guide!

Regarding the golems, you don't actually need them to be high level, unless you want to cast them yourself. Either way without investment in minion life they will still be dying. The main reason you want them is for their buffs, and the 20% buff to your damage you get for each. So I'd recommend dropping increased duration. So I'd link CWDT+Immortal call+Lightning golem+fire golem. You don't want your cwdt leveled very high. I'd probably just do like lvl 3, you will need to keep your golems at lvl 5. Since your golems will die very easily, you want the cwdt to be able to proc easily so they get resummoned.

BTW if you want you can also respec out of the golem ascendancy until last. It is 10 respec points. If you do that, I'd go with shaper of desolation first, and beacon of ruin second. That way you have the elemental ailments you inflict spreading. Then I'd do paragon of calamity for life leech and will make mapping easier as you can run elemental relfect maps (which you can't do without reflect protection).
Hello,
i used your build to create my own, i'm not exprienced in it, can i ask for some advices in improving?

Everything is only theory,

PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/W421MJ7S

Explaining some changes, gem links etc.:

Ascendary:

Скрытый текст
Paragon of Calamity -> Pendulum of Destruction -> Mastermind of Discord -> Lineage of Primordial

Paragon of Calamity from Normal lab helps with survivability. Frostbolt always chills thats why I taked PoD and MoD - with it cold penetration gem can be replaced with faster casting (PoB gives best overall dmg with it). Lineage of Primordoal for second golem (lightning for faster casting and stone for regen - helps with Blood Rage).

Gem links:

Скрытый текст
Main skill - Frostbolt - if using Taryn's Shivier

Скрытый текст

Frostbolt -> Spell Echo -> Controlled Destruction -> Faster Casting -> Hypothermia -> Slower Projectiles

In PoB faster casting gives more damage than added cold damage or empower (lvl 3).

Curses:

Скрытый текст

Orb of Storms -> Curse on Hit -> Projectile Weakness -> Warlord's Mark

Orb of Storms is lightning skill, so can be used for CoH and EE triggering (arc is alternative). Doedre's Damning gives second curse - now you can use Projectile Weakness + Warlord's Mark - gives mana sustain and endurance charge generation.

Damage boost:

Скрытый текст

Herald of Ice -> Hatred -> Mana Leech -> Arcane Surge

Herald and Hatred boosts dmg, ML and AS supports sustaining mana in longer fights (PoB tells that works).

Survivability:

Скрытый текст

Cast when Damage Taken -> Immortal Call -> Molten Shell -> Increased Durration

Standard CwDT setup with MS for more effective life pool.

Movement + golems:

Скрытый текст
Leap Slam -> Fortify -> Increased Duration - Faster Attacks or Blood Rage
Summon Lightning Golem -> Summon Stone Golem

Lightning golem gives me more cast speed and stone golem sustains life degen from BR. BR generating frenzy charges for faster casting (when not using The Green Dream).

Alternative Frostbolt - if using Pledge of Hands:

Скрытый текст

Frostbolt -> Added Cold Damage -> Controlled Destruction -> Faster Casting -> Hypothermia -> Slower Projectiles

Gives more dmg than Taryn's Shiver version

Items:

Скрытый текст

Frozen Trial x2 - core of all frostbolt builds - required item

Doedre's Damning - cheaper than amulet with +1 curses corruption

Taryn's Shiver/Pledge of Hands - nice and cheap unique staffs for this build

Crystal Vault - great chest for chilling

The Green Dream - very expensive alternative for Blood Rage (useless if i can get nice jewel)

Rares from PoB link are theoretical, but not too good, so I think can be bought in game (i don't know how much they would be costs, but something like 100c is possible).

Some screenshots form PoB:

Скрытый текст
Последняя редакция: DemonisAngel11. Время: 17 мая 2018 г., 14:06:10
"
DemonisAngel11 написал:
Hello,
i used your build to create my own, i'm not exprienced in it, can i ask for some advices in improving?

This is sort of getting away from the idea of my beginner build. It was meant to have high freeze chance so that it would proliferate the freezes to all mobs as a very defensive option.

A couple things I'd note:

1. Hatred won't do anything for you. Hatred takes your phys damage and adds it as extra cold. Since you do no phys damage it wouldn't do anything.

2. Another reason I went with Beacon of ruin is because even with a tiny amount of added lightning damage, you always shock for at least 24% (more if you have more shock effectiveness). That's like a 24% more multiplier. Also, pendulum of destruction is garbage for frostbolt. You only get 75% increased damage only every 5 seconds. The other five seconds you get nothing.

3. One benefit of having two elemental golems is that they are immune to ele damage. but that's pretty minor.

4. I personally think molten shell is a bad call as it does basically nothing unless you have it max or near max level. And since you don't want to your CWDT leveled to 20, that's not very good. I'd rather go with a low level CWDT that triggers easily and add in an enfeeble for enemies that get close and are hitting you.

5. Ele equilibrium seems really bad. If you have spell echo, it will cast two frost bolts. The first will "maybe" hit them with lowered resists (only if you've hit with lightning damage from OoS), but every subsequent frostbolt will hit them and they will have +50% cold res. Seems bad.

6. The green dream would be better in the templar area. Or you could path under the scion and get 28% chance instead of 10%. (unless the jewel also catches Frost Walker, then that's best).

7. IDK about faster casting. It might say it's more dps, but I feel like that much cast speed might be overkill. Also when I get rid of Ele Equil. I see echo, cont. dest., cold pen, hypothermia, and slower proj being best

8. In my opinion, if you aren't going with the prolif, I'd just go inquistor and go crit frostbolt.
Последняя редакция: jolsen26. Время: 17 мая 2018 г., 23:28:42
"
jolsen26 написал:
"
DemonisAngel11 написал:
Hello,

This is sort of getting away from the idea of my beginner build. It was meant to have high freeze chance so that it would proliferate the freezes to all mobs as a very defensive option.

A couple things I'd note:

1. Hatred won't do anything for you. Hatred takes your phys damage and adds it as extra cold. Since you do no phys damage it wouldn't do anything.

2. Another reason I went with Beacon of ruin is because even with a tiny amount of added lightning damage, you always shock for at least 24% (more if you have more shock effectiveness). That's like a 24% more multiplier. Also, pendulum of destruction is garbage for frostbolt. You only get 75% increased damage only every 5 seconds. The other five seconds you get nothing.

3. One benefit of having two elemental golems is that they are immune to ele damage. but that's pretty minor.

4. I personally think molten shell is a bad call as it does basically nothing unless you have it max or near max level. And since you don't want to your CWDT leveled to 20, that's not very good. I'd rather go with a low level CWDT that triggers easily and add in an enfeeble for enemies that get close and are hitting you.

5. Ele equilibrium seems really bad. If you have spell echo, it will cast two frost bolts. The first will "maybe" hit them with lowered resists (only if you've hit with lightning damage from OoS), but every subsequent frostbolt will hit them and they will have +50% cold res. Seems bad.

6. The green dream would be better in the templar area. Or you could path under the scion and get 28% chance instead of 10%. (unless the jewel also catches Frost Walker, then that's best).

7. IDK about faster casting. It might say it's more dps, but I feel like that much cast speed might be overkill. Also when I get rid of Ele Equil. I see echo, cont. dest., cold pen, hypothermia, and slower proj being best

8. In my opinion, if you aren't going with the prolif, I'd just go inquistor and go crit frostbolt.

Ad1. Replaced with haste.

Ad2. Cursing Orb of Storms can shock? I thinked shock is calculated from damage delth, thats why I prefered penetration from herald and 8 link PoH. If it works that way, Becon is better.

For improving it i think about link Added lightning damage to herald.

Ad3. I taked stone golem only for sustaining blood rage, with Green dream I take second lightning golem.

Ad4. I forgot about CWDT triggering, my fault. Molten shell would be useless without second, high lvl CWDT. Changed for Enfeeble.

Ad5. Another my fault, i forgot about EE overriding.

Ad6. Taken Faith and Steel, 18% should be good with vaal breach to keep frenzy charges up and more flexible in capping reses.

Ad7. Faster casting is better only with MoD, with BoR cold penetration is better.

Ad8. I don't like crits.
My only idea for non-crit Inquisitor is Instrument of Virtue -> Augury of Penitance -> Pious Path. That would work for Freezing pulse combined with Grelwood shank for more pulses and point blank.

Rest of build is good? I not taken MoM because high mana reservation and skill cost.

Edit.
I forgot about Arcane Surge, linking it with herald doesn't work, right? I need link it to OoS or CWDT?
Последняя редакция: DemonisAngel11. Время: 18 мая 2018 г., 8:58:32

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация