[3.1 HC] Poet's Pen - The Ultimate Summoner! SRS / Zombies / Skeletons / Spectres!

"
Garvil написал:
"
g_target написал:
Hey

I think OP will not update this build anymore, so we will have to twink it a bit.

Do you think a 7 or 8L helm will beat a +3 helm ?

I don't know how to use PoB atm, but if you can do the math and tell me what is better, it would be nice.

I will try myself to maps with and without Spectres, and with and without skelys and raging spirits.

I will do a feedback here.

Ps: i really don't like skellys in this build. They recast a lot and then don't have time to really dps before be recasted .. i am trying animate weapon instead atm

Ps2: Thinking about EE. Spectres are fire oriented. Rest is physical except skellys i want to push out. I am thinking about linking animate weapon, raging spirit or zombies with added lightning damage to be sure to proc EE for Spectres.
Thinking about working on monocible damages for everything except spectres

I don't know if there's really much to update for this build. It's pretty complete already. I think it's just missing an emphasis on the 2 dead reckoning jewels.

One thing to realize is that very few poet pen builds are better than their vanilla build. But Poet's pens are fun and offer a bit more flavor. A straight up Spectre Summoner will have better Spectres and much better survivability than this build. A straight up SRS or Zombies or Skeleton build will have much stronger minions for each respective build. Where this build shines is that you can easily maintain all 4 summons with one button, and therefore the "ultimate summoner"

Yes, a 7 or 8L Helm will beat a +3 helm, think +3 helms are just more accessible.
Are you using dead reckoning to turn your skeletons into mages? I tune my attack speed to 3 casts a second, so I have to stand still for more than 3 seconds to recast any skeleton, which rarely happens. I'm either constantly moving to keep rampage stacks up for my flesh and spirit, or I'm avoid boss spells and convocating my spectres to safer positions.

I don't consider my skeletons as dps, they serve more as "meatshields" than dps. With bosses, they're temporary ranged minions all over the stage for the boss and boss minions to focus on. With clearing, they spawn a whole screen away from me, and then cast at enemies more than a screen away from me, providing 2 screens length of clear and pull. All my zombies are nice but this is just icing on the cake. Not to mention, if I'm fighting a big boss battle and my zombies are killed, I'm not going to take the time to resummon them. But I'll be constantly pushing out meatshields in the form of skeletons.

This build already uses EE, either lightning or cold damage on your rings/gloves/jewels/whereever
I chose to play this build for this league and I gotta say it's very good. Small changes I made were to focus more on skeleton mages. I linked them to lmp and flat out dropped the specres. I simply don't have the slots for them and they aren't tanky enough to handle t15 map bosses.

I just got to 90 and got my abyssal wings - I'll try for the shaper as soon as I get 6l armour. I chose to triple curse in a 6l vis mortis, but in the meantime I used elder rings to add a third curse.

For everyone wondering, yes this build scales well and you will be satisfied. I used a queen's escape to level until about 80 and switched to poet's pens soon after and it was an extreme improvement for dps, though a drop in minion defense. That's about when I decided specres weren't worth it. Animate guardian is extremely worth it though.

I don't typically make posts to the forums, but I wanted to let OP know that he done good on this one.
"
Garvil написал:

Ps2: Thinking about EE. Spectres are fire oriented. Rest is physical except skellys i want to push out. I am thinking about linking animate weapon, raging spirit or zombies with added lightning damage to be sure to proc EE for Spectres.
Thinking about working on monocible damages for everything except spectres

just to clarify it: minions do not proc EE! only spells and attacks do! So instead of linking added dmg to the minions add a spelltotem with arc for example to proc EE or selfcast somehting! I prefer Arc/ball lightning with Curse on hit +2curses.
Im having trouble finding the Solar Guards. I see all kind off Solar mobs. And the ones i see i cnat really raise as a spectre without raising a shitload of other mobs. Annoys the hell out of me. Any tips?
"
kramurz написал:
Im having trouble finding the Solar Guards. I see all kind off Solar mobs. And the ones i see i cnat really raise as a spectre without raising a shitload of other mobs. Annoys the hell out of me. Any tips?

You can find them on The Solaris Temple (Act 8).Just go to solaris temple on act 8 and cast desecrate , you will see golden legs and arms of solar guards :D

This is the guy.For your raising problems you should use "A" button.Hold A while hovering your mouse above corpses you will see a red highlight.This way you can select only and only solar guard corpses.If you have spell echo linked you will cast raise spectre twice and you will raise one solar guard and one monster next to it.So unlink spell echo while desecrate + raising , use A and it is going to be easy.Also summon them on highest level area you can find.
Последняя редакция: Eddoras. Время: 4 февр. 2018 г., 8:55:05
Thanks alot!
I was going to level a witch, would this be best or is vd+unearth faster?
livejamie
"
Scarfuncle написал:
I chose to play this build for this league and I gotta say it's very good. Small changes I made were to focus more on skeleton mages. I linked them to lmp and flat out dropped the specres. I simply don't have the slots for them and they aren't tanky enough to handle t15 map bosses.

I just got to 90 and got my abyssal wings - I'll try for the shaper as soon as I get 6l armour. I chose to triple curse in a 6l vis mortis, but in the meantime I used elder rings to add a third curse.

For everyone wondering, yes this build scales well and you will be satisfied. I used a queen's escape to level until about 80 and switched to poet's pens soon after and it was an extreme improvement for dps, though a drop in minion defense. That's about when I decided specres weren't worth it. Animate guardian is extremely worth it though.

I don't typically make posts to the forums, but I wanted to let OP know that he done good on this one.

Can't see your characters so I can't tell what's using up your slots.

I added a stone golem to the build and I'm curious why your spectres aren't surviving, they're really tanky with the ascendancy and bone offering, you should die before your spectres do.

I would like to somehow add desecrate + cwdt to the build so I have reliable bone offerings (in wand with skeletons), but I am maxed out for skill gems at the moment.
Small tip - sun guardian spectres you can easily summon in own hideout (Zana's layout)
Hey all,

I'm running this build and hit my league goal of level 90 very recently. A couple of notes for those of you who have had some questions about end game content:

1) I am able to do tier 13+ maps easily enough. The only thing that can be a little frustrating is single target damage on corrupt bosses. If the boss doesn't rely on minions/monsters you run into a problem where you don't have any corpses to fuel bone offering and run out of fuel for Vaal Haste. One option is to switch haste out for desecrate so you can feed minions and at least have some more survivability.

2) Desecrate is a PITA. I know you can raise zombies to remove corpses but it's still annoying as all hell with PP.

3) This character is NOT squishy. I mean the actual character is but you have such a formidable meat shield that you can feel pretty invulnerable at times.

4) Get two Dead Reckonings. As others have noted, this was not emphasized enough in this guide.

Here's my setup. If anyone has any recommendations on how to improve single target I'm happy to hear it:

Jewels:
2x Dead Reckoning
2x Abyss jewels with life, minion damage, and an ailment
1x Watcher's Eye. Managed to get a Discipline + Haste for 2 ex. The Discipline + Clarity will cost you probably 3x that, if you can find one.

Gear:
Скрытый текст

Последняя редакция: craigagm. Время: 5 февр. 2018 г., 17:05:15

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация