[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

Indomitable Army benefits all golems, the primary being flame golem, so its worth the 3 passives for me. In fact, I replaced Righteous Army, so it was a better swap. I also have 12 jewel slots and dont need to waste passive skills on little things like 5% health, since im 13k-15k ES/Health depending on the gear/situation.

All that said, there is no question that empower will make stone survive better, although i have tested the majority of end game bosses with high phys damage and they did nothing to stone. I attribute that to Indomitable + meatshield.

Right now, I'm observing behavior of meatshield and I'm actually liking what I see. In fact, with infernal (which is doing 30k+ sec), the behavior i see is that my flaming meat shields run out in front at times and protect at times + taunt, as such I am much more resilient in delve for instance (ie smart golems vs dumb). Remember, without PM, they aren't even aggressive any more. We run very different builds, so nothing is apples to apples. You leap slam, while i have phase run up nearly 100%. You have high phys reduction, while i have relatively high phys reduction and high evasion, etc. etc.

Being a situational player, I will likely pick up an empower for my stone/chaos when duty calls, but I'm certain they are deathless on majority of content including uber elder.

tomay - why u running lesser multi projectiles?
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 7:06:51
LMP? No idea, old habit maybe. ;)

I'm aware that Magma Balls can overlap but GMP has a wider spread and I doubt all five projectiles wiil ever hit a single target, with LMP I still get 42 magma balls per salvo dealing 10% more damage. But if you can prove me wrong go right ahead, I'm all ears.

And why 20/23 rather than 21/20? Because of +1 gem lvl from the body armour, lvl 22 does nothing while 23% grants one whopping percent increased cast speed. ;)

A for Leap Slam, the skill has been reworked in 3.7 and now always stuns the lot when you leap into a pack, plenty time to call in the cavalry. But what I like even better is the insane movement speed we now get with a Lightning Golem and of course Fortify.

I don't know whether it's just the two extra levels from my body armour but my Flame Golems survive Mintaur hits and Shaper slams, arguably the highest physical damage we encounter in the game, just fine without Indomitable Army.

In other news, GGG will fix the Might bug with the 3.8.1 update this week, they say it should have only affected "attack golems" but I could have sworn I've seen mobs just walking by, flipping me the finger while my flame golems were just arsing around with their thumbs up ther @$$es. ;)

Anyway once it's fixed I'll do some testing but I must say FFS has really grown on me and chances are I'll keep it as a permanent solution... we'll see.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 8:01:11
GMP will out dmg LMP 95% of time, but for a single boss with no adds maybe, but doubtful. PS - if u would just roll a better primordial chain you would get 5% more back. ;P

I'm liking FFS as well and won't equip PM if I keep MS, which I intend to.

I'm trying to work fortify into my rotation. Thinking about VS, but have yet to test this out. I intend to keep phase + aspect of cat.

I could do LS + fortify but won't likely keep fortify up since phase is main movement.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 15:21:30
Well, "95% of the time" we clearly don't need moar damage but GMP can only ever "outdamage" LMP if we assume that at least four balls can inflict damage on the same target... be that as it may, I sure did use GMP at some stage but I didn't really notice any difference in terms of clear speed.

Phase Run is sweet to get the hell out of Dodge fast but when they nerfed the invisibility buff PR has lost quite a lot of its original bite, however, since your focus is on dodge/evade PR + Cat sure is excellent.

Yes, leaping with Clayshaper always felt very clumsy, certainly not anymore since we gained 36% increased att/cast speed* in 3.8. I'm not hindered by any obstacles and lab runs are a breeze.

* (calc based on lvl 22 Lightning Golem with a total of 10 golems, 11% + 320% buff increase, bringing the former total of 38% to now 74% or even 80% with 11 golems).

Now if I only could fit these boots into my setup...

... but resistances and dexterity will be a problem. :(
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 10:29:00
Going to try Vigilant Strike for fortify, only hope of getting fortify into current build and I'm not sure how well that will play as I have never tried it.

Phase + cat is nice for thick packs like delve etc.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 15:25:12
Yea, Vigilant Strikeis nice too, especially the Fortify duration that comes with it but your stun threshold is rather low so melee attack skills may not exactly be your forte. Maybe if you can add The Writhing Jar? Drop the worms and smash 'em (they only have 1 HP, right?) and get your 12+ sec Fortify. Or maybe not, your Golems sure as hell will beat you to it. ah well, was just thinking. ;)
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 15:51:55
Bahahahahah, that is an excellent idea, I'm going to try that, but you are likely right, they will beat me to it no doubt.
Vigilant Strike was worth a test, nice duration of fortify. The result was NOT good. Writhing Jar is no go and general use doesnt play well with my build. Oh well...
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 16 сент. 2019 г., 20:37:38
Yeah... thought so. ;)

I see you have taken Shaper of Desolation, any particular reason for that or did you just throw a dart at your ascendancy disc for the last two passives? ;)

Your Storm Brand damage is way too low as to ever apply chill or shock (without Beacon of Ruin that is). With Pendulum of Destruction at least you gain massive AoE every 5 seconds which will increase the radius of your Zealotry aura and triggered curse and Storm Brand while SoD does effectively nada, zip, zilch ... or am I missing something?

P.S. Speaking of which, I have tested a bit with Storm Brand and I must say, the result is disappointing. If only being used as means to trigger Rlemental Equilibrium (like un your case) it works alright but I noticed that it never shocks outside Shocking Conflux which really isn't good enough since Shock only lasts 2 seconds (and if and when it shocks it's only 19% more damage taken). With Arc + Elemental Proliferation on the other hand I permanently apply Shock (24% effect) since every second hit (outside Shocking Condlux) will apply shock. And thanks to the hybrid prefix on my ring I also chill the whole lot with every hit (13% reduced action speed) which is a nice defensive layer, a free Temporal Chain curse if you will. So with Beacon of Ruin, Arc is clearly the better choice... by a country mile.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 17 сент. 2019 г., 5:48:34
As per usual, you are missing something.

First off, my intention is to switch to Beacon of Ruin when I hit 100. Lately I have been debating making the switch early.

Second, the rotating conflux is perfectly ok with me over added aoe. I have shock and chill up 29%-43% of time assuming dmg threshold met? u say its not but i dont see how beacon increases that?, ignite 100%, ignite effectively 20% more dmg (-20 fire) on top with combustion. Desolation encourages to finally drop Calamity for the added defense as my defenses have grown quite high as of late.

Storm brand is EE / conflux and works well for my play style and application. I ran orb of storms for the longest time but prefer the more passive and indicators i get from the brand. winters orb sucks hard.

Your play style certainly favors something like arc so im not surprised to see you using it.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 17 сент. 2019 г., 9:24:55

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация