Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Another thought.. Since map clearing with Spectres will likely not be an issue even with the nerfs.. What if we used Hungry Loop with Skeletons(basically 5 link skeletons). Wouldn't that making bossing more a breeze and maybe no need to even gem swap?
"
Vaildez написал:
Instead of constant nerfing one Ascendency they should have just focused on making the other options more interesting. They need to understand that making one option that people like less fun may just make people not want to play the game.

They did exactly this to me.
Not planning to jump in to league start now.

And I loved to play with spectres.
This weekend will be other game for me.
Impactful changes not went well for Chris.
This is my plan but not hungry loop, have skellies in a +3 helm, and redemprion sentries for clear on body shield. triads to convert to cold damage on the skellies
It is your own damn fault...
"
Vaildez написал:
With the passive nerf to Unnatural Strength I just don't see value in it beyond the additional Spectre. Thoughts?

It's not like they nerfed spectre level and there is no need to take Unnatural Strength. Reaching 5 spectre is a MUST, cuz that's how many the gem can give, and we have to utilize the gem to its full potential. This remains unchanged, if not more important, after the nerf.
Dropping Unnatural Strength is only going to make this harder.

Also Unnatural gives 2 whole level to all of your minion gems, not just spectre. I'd say this node alone is part of the reason why there is so much summoner hate: a +1 level to int gem hunter amulet with good rolls can be a few ex, a +1 int & +1 cold one can be 60-80ex if I remember correctly. Unnatural Strength is stronger than you think it is. It's barred behind Mindless Aggression, which I believe is worth 0.5 node, and Unnatural being 1.5, together they make up 2 major nodes.

Kay and I discussed the ascendancy problem yesterday. I think we are actually in a pretty awkward position, and I do believe players are going to have very different choices due to the minion life nerf. But suppose Chris say I am only allowed to take one major node because of who knows what reason, that node will sure as hell be Unnatural Strength.
"
SnowRhex написал:
"
Vaildez написал:
With the passive nerf to Unnatural Strength I just don't see value in it beyond the additional Spectre. Thoughts?

It's not like they nerfed spectre level and there is no need to take Unnatural Strength. Reaching 5 spectre is a MUST, cuz that's how many the gem can give, and we have to utilize the gem to its full potential. This remains unchanged, if not more important, after the nerf.
Dropping Unnatural Strength is only going to make this harder.

Also Unnatural gives 2 whole level to all of your minion gems, not just spectre. I'd say this node alone is part of the reason why there is so much summoner hate: a +1 level to int gem hunter amulet with good rolls can be a few ex, a +1 int & +1 cold one can be 60-80ex if I remember correctly. Unnatural Strength is stronger than you think it is. It's barred behind Mindless Aggression, which I believe is worth 0.5 node, and Unnatural being 1.5, together they make up 2 major nodes.

Kay and I discussed the ascendancy problem yesterday. I think we are actually in a pretty awkward position, and I do believe players are going to have very different choices due to the minion life nerf. But suppose Chris say I am only allowed to take one major node because of who knows what reason, that node will sure as hell be Unnatural Strength.

We can achieve 5 Spectres without Unnatural Strength. I guess what I am trying to understand is once we have achieved that is +2 level to minion gems still more valuable than say going Bone Barrier, Commander of Darkness, Mistress of Sacrifice, Mindless Agression? Golems Damage was nerfed and Zombies were mostly for meatshields not damage. So IMO the only real difference is a 77 Spectre vs 79 Spectre at the cost of a major ascendency.
Последняя редакция: Vaildez. Время: 14 янв. 2021 г., 12:43:13
Kay and everyone!

I gotta say that I feel confident spectres will still be good.

I made some test with a lvl 17 gem with 100% cold operatives, and it was really smooth on shaper guardian maps with 22% elemental reflect and increased monster life. They cleared very fast and lost only a little hp with a 39% less reflect ring and -25% pantheon for reduced reflected damage and did the job quite well.

Perhaps 5 operatives without echo, but with faster attacks or minion damage will be roughly about the same as I saw in my test. My test had 4 spectres due to the lvl 17 gem. So imagining a similar scenario without reflect, it is gonna be still very nice, both DPS and survival wise. Just a few more seconds in boss melting wont affect too much.

I'm confident and maybe i'll roll it again as starter. If this fails, necro has a lot of good and much cheaper than spectre options exploring the new skele mages, phantasm, zombies and SRS.

I think GGG did not joke when they responded to your reddit post by saying necro spectres will still be powerful.

I'm gonna try getting a sirus a8 done with this nerfed setup and will post the results.
"
barathustra написал:
Kay and everyone!

I gotta say that I feel confident spectres will still be good.

I made some test with a lvl 17 gem with 100% cold operatives, and it was really smooth on shaper guardian maps with 22% elemental reflect and increased monster life. They cleared very fast and lost only a little hp with a 39% less reflect ring and -25% pantheon for reduced reflected damage and did the job quite well.

Perhaps 5 operatives without echo, but with faster attacks or minion damage will be roughly about the same as I saw in my test. My test had 4 spectres due to the lvl 17 gem. So imagining a similar scenario without reflect, it is gonna be still very nice, both DPS and survival wise. Just a few more seconds in boss melting wont affect too much.

I'm confident and maybe i'll roll it again as starter. If this fails, necro has a lot of good and much cheaper than spectre options exploring the new skele mages, phantasm, zombies and SRS.

I think GGG did not joke when they responded to your reddit post by saying necro spectres will still be powerful.

I'm gonna try getting a sirus a8 done with this nerfed setup and will post the results.

While I also agree Spectres will be completely fine it's not going to change my mind that the Gem nerf was the lazy way to address the issues.
Последняя редакция: Vaildez. Время: 14 янв. 2021 г., 13:32:09
Balormage, Yoji, and Badger had a podcast.
It's 2 hours long...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAKkedCdXi0

BUT

At the 57 minute mark, Balormage gives some VERY important info on just how drastic the Spectre Nerf is.

Here is a synopsis.

Two types of dps Spectres, he calls them Old and New.

Old spectres scale dps linearly with spectre level, so the dps loss is not that bad, BUT Old spectres tend to have low base life, and the loss of life will make them unusable in end game content. Balormage expects "Old" spectres to have 1/2 the life next league, compared to 3.12.

Example of a "Old" spectre: Slave Drivers

New spectres scale dps with threshold levels, and the spectre level 84 threshold is KEY, level 83 is about 1/3 the damage of level 84. AND AND AND ........
It will be impossible to get spectre level 84 next league.

All those amazing spectres we all used, like Redemtion Sentrys and Syndicate Operatives were "New" spectres AND were level 84 or higher.

Time to go Skeleton Mage for clearing, zombies for single target.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 14 янв. 2021 г., 14:18:42
"
New spectres scale dps with threshold levels, and the spectre level 84 threshold is KEY, level 83 is about 1/3 the damage of level 84.

Would love to see some evidence behind this... I am not sure this is believable.
what's viable range sentry now? :)
Последняя редакция: centrumsilver. Время: 14 янв. 2021 г., 14:13:20

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация