3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Astraeusel написал:
any tips regarding starting this build ?
like passive skill priority and general stuff

Jewels!

I went for Witch area, then Templar, it's all around there...smooth sailing, start the build at 34.
As far as starting out I leveled arc+zombies until 34 when I bought 2 clayshapers and then immediately switched to Golems. In hindsight I would have leveled with flame golems not ice until I had more harmonies but it's not that much difference. SRS levels almost as well as arc if you prefer it.

Early pathing priority I went left towards Spiritual Command/Sacrifice and then grabbed Quick Recovery and the branch down towards Sanctity for a bit of health. Pathed down towards EE and grabbed the jewel next to Shaper just left of Sion. Then I cut across foresight to get the jewel east of Sion and NE of Necromantic Aegis so that I would be able to put a point into Aegis as soon as I was able to pick up a Victario's Charity.

After that it was just chasing HP nodes and more jewels. Hope that helps, i'll make a leveling section when I get some free time next week.

Feel free to msg me in-game with any questions in the meantime!
Последняя редакция: Utopian238. Время: 14 сент. 2018 г., 12:15:56
"
Utopian238 написал:
As far as starting out I leveled arc+zombies until 34 when I bought 2 clayshapers and then immediately switched to Golems. In hindsight I would have leveled with flame golems not ice until I had more harmonies but it's not that much difference. SRS levels almost as well as arc if you prefer it.

This is perfect. I'm currently using my Burial Chambers farmer to get all my gear ready for this character. What total % of Golem Cooldown from all harmonies combined would you recommend for the Snowybois? I'm getting all the harmonies and want to know how much I can skimp on those high rolls if I need to.
did Uber at 71. Dat Chaos Golem buff is no joke as Elementalist.

So glad I followed this!
That's a great question goose but I don't have enough experience with the build yet to answer it. There will be a breakpoint between Cyclone CDR and Harmony Effectiveness, at some point we reach diminishing returns on that CDR. If you check out your PoB you can see your cyclone cooldown time.

For Reference my character has a cyclone cooldown of 1.76 seconds and as you can see in the videos my golems spend the vast majority of their attacks cycloning.

If your Golem is cycloning you are doing peak DPS.
If your Golem is in range to melee you are still doing great dps.

If your golem's cyclone is on CD, and he is not yet in range to melee, he will throw his stupid freaking icicle. This is a waste of time and energy as it does roughly 1% of the damage of cyclone. Anytime your golems are throwing snowballs, they are not doing their job and should be fired immediately. The best thing you can do to prevent snowball throwing is increase cyclone CDR/make sure your golems have a path to the monster they are trying to snowball.

One of the few problems I have with this build is it's inverse map effectiveness when compared to flame golems. Maps like Shrine or Sunken City where a ranged attack is shooting fish in a barrel suddenly become death traps as your golems don't have a path to the monsters but the monsters can shoot at you with impunity. However indoor Maps like Torture Chamber that are painful to run as flame golems due to line of sight issues are safe as safe can be.

Updated: Hall of the Grandmasters down!

Holy shit do not recommend trying HoG with this. The golems handle the non-bow characters really well but they just melt to the bow builds. It was rough, but the first build i've run that could finish it.
Последняя редакция: Utopian238. Время: 14 сент. 2018 г., 19:34:22
Utopian, I hold you personally responsible for my inability to put down PoE now to play Dragon Quest 11. I was getting bored, and then I found Ice Golemmancer!

The amulet and the gloves are a game changer. I don't miss Flame Golem personally. Clear speed is fine. Bosses go ...where'd the boss go?
"
TheMotherGoose написал:
"
Utopian238 написал:

This is perfect. I'm currently using my Burial Chambers farmer to get all my gear ready for this character. What total % of Golem Cooldown from all harmonies combined would you recommend for the Snowybois? I'm getting all the harmonies and want to know how much I can skimp on those high rolls if I need to.

Glad to hear it!

Yeah the amulet is great and I hope it stays core. It's a ton of fun to have access to +3 golems, it really gives us flexibility when it comes to build options. The gloves really push us over the top into OP territory though. Hope GGG doesn't nerf the build and instead just doesn't give us access to +1000 accuracy gloves next season.
Последняя редакция: Utopian238. Время: 15 сент. 2018 г., 1:38:32
wow ty for the response
i figured out myself some of the stuff ,glad to see i get the hang of it.
just running trough the acts and stuff dies automatically :P
Hi! Thank you for the guide, I am about to create the character but before I do I have a couple questions if i may.

1. I assume skin of loyal is only used for the +1 gems? Or it also used because you have flat armor watchers eye and 100% global defence is good? Surely it better to go for shaper +1 gem chest with life?

2. On primordial harmony which is the most important stat? There is 2 golem cooldown properties on the jewel and I cannot tell which you refer to.

3. Is it possible to fit in enlighten? You have a few items with mana reserve reduction corruption and not sure if I can run 2 50% auras without them?

Thanks for any help you can offer :)
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
"
demondied1 написал:
Hi! Thank you for the guide, I am about to create the character but before I do I have a couple questions if i may.

1. I assume skin of loyal is only used for the +1 gems? Or it also used because you have flat armor watchers eye and 100% global defence is good? Surely it better to go for shaper +1 gem chest with life?

2. On primordial harmony which is the most important stat? There is 2 golem cooldown properties on the jewel and I cannot tell which you refer to.

3. Is it possible to fit in enlighten? You have a few items with mana reserve reduction corruption and not sure if I can run 2 50% auras without them?

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

1) Skin is used for the +1 gems yes, I'm using the flat armor watcher's eye because I have skin not vice versa.

If you can get any defensive +1 Socketed Gems Corrupted chest it will be better. The shaper mod is +1 Socketed ACTIVE gems which means it won't increase your empower. Increasing your empower as well means skin is essentially +2 Gems.

We do enough damage that if you are looking to be more defensive, your chest piece is the place to start. If anyone wants to post any videos of uber elder kills without +1 gem chest pieces I would love to see them and add them to the guide.

2) Golems have (30-45)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
This is the important stat which reduces the time it takes for Golems Cyclone skill to come back off cooldown. The other cooldown reduction is just how long it takes you to resummon a golem.

3) You absolutely can fit in an enlighten. I'm using the mana reservation from hat but if you want to use grace or determination instead of arctic armor you can fit enlighten in. Drop your increased duration to phase run out of the setup and attach your aura to enlighten.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация