[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

Ziggy's ring should be pretty juicy for this build!
Malachai's Artifice and then you can either use a Fire Golem or one of the new Brand skills to apply EE, that way you don't have to juggle things and worry about taking it on the tree.
IGN: Dmillz
"
teXCe написал:
what do you guys think of the following leveling mom life tree?

https://pastebin.com/gEZspYeC

Passive Tree:
I don't think you need that much damage from the tree so early on. I see nothing glaringly wrong with the nodes you've chosen, but I think you should save some for later. At this character level I'd opt for more mana, more life, and less damage. Glass cannon Cold Snap is not my cup of tea; it lacks mobility, cast speed, leech, and life regen. A build like yours is an efficient way to smash through all the progression content, only to get one-shot by Act 10 Kitava or merciless Izaro.

Gear:
Why Aegis for your shield? Other than the max cold res, I don't see the point here.

Here's how I would do it (still an 86-point tree): poeurl link

The damage nodes you grabbed are all fine, just not all at once. I'm not a fan of Entropy in the shadow tree, but it's not awful.
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 7 дек. 2018 г., 13:09:34
"
Dmillz написал:
Malachai's Artifice and then you can either use a Fire Golem or one of the new Brand skills to apply EE, that way you don't have to juggle things and worry about taking it on the tree.

I'm not sure how effective an un-buffed golem is going to be at applying EE without dying 10 times per map, but in theory this sounds viable.

Self-cast Storm Brand to apply EE is still going to require some juggling, with the upside being its ability to transition from one pack to the next. Also, it isn't self-targeting like Orb of Storms.

I think I'd sooner just replace my curse-on-hit Orb of Storms with Storm Brand and call it a day. This will leave both ring slots open for life, resistances, and more damage if I'm feeling greedy.
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 7 дек. 2018 г., 13:16:25
Awesome guide cha_siu_bao! I'm excited to start the league with it.

Hopefully you'll excel in your examns and get them out of the way so that we can get more data and points on how to improve for the new league!

Thanks in advance!
"
Wilde79 написал:
Awesome guide cha_siu_bao! I'm excited to start the league with it.

Hopefully you'll excel in your examns and get them out of the way so that we can get more data and points on how to improve for the new league!

Thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I spent far more time writing/editing that guide than I ever should have. Here's a taste of what I've been doing with my diligent studying and analytical skills:

Последняя редакция: TrueGohan. Время: 7 дек. 2018 г., 13:42:51
"
TrueGohan написал:
so we getting a 3.5 updated pastebin?

Short answer: no.

I don't want to change anything about the guide until I'm confident of my build choices. 3.5 is going to bring a lot of sweeping changes to this build's scaling mechanics, item choices, gem choices, etc.

"my best guess" =/= "the best choice"

Copied from page 9 of the comments:
"
cha_siu_bao написал:

First few days: life + MoM
90-point starting tree (poeurl link)
High priority items: Carcass Jack, Doedre's Tenure, Rime Gaze, Spine of the First Claimant
Low priority items: Rathpith Globe, Cerberus Limb

Endgame plan: low-life with slightly modified tree and gems
116-point endgame tree (poeurl link)
Item possibilities: Aegis Aurora, Rime Gaze, Scold's Bridle, Doedre's Malevolence

Cold Snap gem setup will remain the same.
Supporting skills gem links will assuredly change, but I can't currently predict what they will be.
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 7 дек. 2018 г., 14:29:33
Thank you for this wonderfully detailed guide! I'm considering using this as my league starter, do you think it is viable for SSF? I.E is the life + MoM version going to take me far enough to farm comfortably, and is getting the gear for LL version feasible without trading?
"
GuyjinSan написал:
Thank you for this wonderfully detailed guide! I'm considering using this as my league starter, do you think it is viable for SSF? I.E is the life + MoM version going to take me far enough to farm comfortably, and is getting the gear for LL version feasible without trading?

Life + MoM in SSF? For sure. EB + MoM should work too.
Will you be able to respec to low-life? It's possible, but the odds are not in your favor.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация