[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
Wilde79 написал:
Ah true, I actually read it in the wiki and thought that is why you use EB.

"Eldritch Battery: When the Eldritch Battery keystone is allocated, any Energy Shield spent instead of mana does not count towards Scold's Bridle's damage effect."

Meaning with EB you can cast using Scold's without taking any damage from it.

Does scold's not stop ES recharge?
Heres some really cool stuff u can do:

Vortex+bonechill+hypothermia in one? Dunno if its the most optimal...

Orb of storm+inc crit+aoe in the other for EO.

Also found this thing, will go LL when i get better ES gear.
"
boomersoonr написал:
There is more benefit to EB than what is mentioned above.

With MoM, damage taken is split between Life + Mana.

EB protects mana, which is effectively HP in this case. It is much easier to stack energy shield & es regen than mana & mana regen.

So we are not only able to reserve our mana pool for curses/auras without negatively impacting our EHP, but we are able to stack EHP and EHP regen easier than if we were just MoM or life.

I'm looking at about 5.5k life, 4k ES and 800 ES recharge rate on modest gear in PoB with a EB MoM setup slightly modified from Waggle (check his youtube).

https://pastebin.com/KTpBVtEG

But you only have 30% MoM, so your maximum effective mana is around 1650.

Meaning most of your ES on EB is wasted and would be much more effetive without EB (5.5k + 4k es = 9.5k EHP vs. 5.5k + 1.6k = 7.1 EHP).

The ability to use mana for auras and curses is good, but that depends on your build.
"
boomersoonr написал:
"
Wilde79 написал:

"Eldritch Battery: When the Eldritch Battery keystone is allocated, any Energy Shield spent instead of mana does not count towards Scold's Bridle's damage effect."

Does scold's not stop ES recharge?

Not with Wicked Ward (Occultist).
"
Fivehunny написал:

Supposedly that trigger has a 5 sec cooldown so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Might test it out with orb of storms + curse on hit.
"
Wilde79 написал:
"
Fivehunny написал:

Supposedly that trigger has a 5 sec cooldown so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Might test it out with orb of storms + curse on hit.

I mean its more for boss damage and QOL.
"
Wilde79 написал:

Well... that part is 100% accurate. You are correct that EB will make the Scold's auto-cast stop working properly. But this is only a problem when you're trying to make the Scold's Bridle drawback work in your favor (i.e. our specific build idea). If you're just interested in negating the drawback (simply not taking damage when you cast) then EB + Scold's seems like a great choice.

When the person said they're going to do this in SSF, I assumed they wouldn't have access to a Scold's Bridle.
"
Fivehunny написал:

I really hope you don't have Elemental Equilibrium right now, because one of those sceptres is giving you flat cold to spells....

If we put Arctic Breath in there instead of Vortex, I wonder where the projectile would be aimed? If it's at the same target as the Cold Snap, that sounds awesome.

I'm not sure if your choice is the most optimal, but it certainly doesn't seem bad.

I vote Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms, but that's me. The difference will probably be marginal.
Последняя редакция: cha_siu_bao. Время: 8 дек. 2018 г., 20:42:55
"
cha_siu_bao написал:
"
Fivehunny написал:

I really hope you don't have Elemental Equilibrium right now, because one of those sceptres is giving you flat cold to spells....

If we put Arctic Breath in there instead of Vortex, I wonder where the projectile would be aimed? If it's at the same target as the Cold Snap, that sounds awesome.

I'm not sure if your choice is the most optimal, but it certainly doesn't seem bad.

I vote Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms, but that's me. The difference will probably be marginal.

Tried Arctic Breath. It shoots out to random directions. Brand is much better QOL. Link it with Increase Crit Strikes + Spell Echo and you have an automated EO
"
zeroad12x написал:
"
cha_siu_bao написал:
"
Fivehunny написал:

Tried Arctic Breath. It shoots out to random directions. Brand is much better QOL. Link it with Increase Crit Strikes + Spell Echo and you have an automated EO

How do you plan on applying curses? I tested with brand and it seemed decent on bosses, but I already have orb of storms for dropping curses, and I can use inc crit with that one for EO procs. Using both seems like a waste of sockets.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация