{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Hercanic написал:

The INT nodes don't have to be allocated.

Thanks for clearing that up! Learn something new every day~
"
Hercanic написал:
"
Viktorious1 написал:
When do you replace Static Strike for a casted ability? I forgot what the one you use is called. Plz help!

You use Charged Dash + Cast While Channeling Support + Ball Lightning + Lesser Poison @ level 38, after you kill Malachai in Act 4. You can use Charged Dash earlier than this (level 28-30, Act 3's Siosa), but Static Strike is fine, too.

I just reached that point and put all of them linked in a helm but I'm confused. Ball lightning doesn't cast while channeling Shield Charge. Lesser poison already applies to Shield Charge and Ball lightning. So wondering what the point of Cast While Channeling is?
@ Alerean:
"
Alerean написал:
I don't think I've got any of that, so at the moment I haven't spec'd into Elemental Equilibrium. Could you maybe elaborate a bit on how this works (chaos/physical = poison?!)? Also I do have lesser poison, unfortunately I just don't have a spare socket. Does it matter what it's attached to?? Thanks again for this, I'm working my way through Act 5 and already this feels so smooth!

Just as Ignite requires Fire Damage, Poison requires Physical or Chaos Damage to be inflicted. So even though Herald of Agony gives you a 20% Chance to Poison on Hit, Ball Lightning only deals Lightning Damage by default. We must somehow add Physical or Chaos Damage to our Spells, such as all the possible sources I listed. The source must specifically say it applies to Spells or it won't work. If it doesn't, then by default that means it only applies to Attacks.

Yes, it matters what you link a support gem to. They only affect what they're linked to, not your whole character like the passive tree. They are skill modifiers, not character modifiers.

Elemental Equilibrium is for lowering monsters' elemental resistances to increase the elemental damage of our Spectres and Hatred aura. It has nothing to do with Poison or Virulence.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 19 дек. 2018 г., 23:19:53
@ Viktorious1:
"
Viktorious1 написал:
I just reached that point and put all of them linked in a helm but I'm confused. Ball lightning doesn't cast while channeling Shield Charge. Lesser poison already applies to Shield Charge and Ball lightning. So wondering what the point of Cast While Channeling is?

Shield Charge is a different skill from Charged Dash. We do use both, but Shield Charge is not a channeled ability so Cast While Channeling Support cannot work with it. Charged Dash, on the other hand, is a channeling ability. We link Charged Dash with Cast While Channeling Support and Ball Lightning, which causes us to shoot out Ball Lightning when we channel Charged Dash. Lesser Poison adds Chaos Damage to Ball Lightning, enabling it to inflict poison based on your Chance to Poison. This amount will be 20% Chance to Poison from Herald of Agony and 40% from Lesser Poison Support. This means 60% of the hits Ball Lightning does will poison, and thus grant you a stack of Virulence to supercharge your Agony Crawler minion.

Also, make sure all the sockets in question are linked. You'll see what looks like a bridge connecting two sockets in a chain. All sockets in the same chain can affect each other. Sockets that have no links, or whose chain doesn't connect anywhere to another chain, will not affect gems in those unlinked sockets.

When you hover your mouse over a socketed support or skill gem, all gems that are interacting with it will glow. If a gem isn't glowing, that means it either cannot interact with the gem you are highlighting, or their sockets are not connected.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 19 дек. 2018 г., 23:17:35
"
Hercanic написал:
Just as Ignite requires Fire Damage, Poison requires Physical or Chaos Damage to be inflicted. So even though Herald of Agony gives you a 20% Chance to Poison on Hit, Ball Lightning only deals Lightning Damage by default. We must somehow add Physical or Chaos Damage to our Spells, such as all the possible sources I listed. The source must specifically say it applies to Spells or it won't work. If it doesn't, then by default that means it only applies to Attacks.

Yes, it matters what you link a support gem to. They only affect what they're linked to, not your whole character like the passive tree. They are skill modifiers, not character modifiers.

Elemental Equilibrium is for lowering monsters' elemental resistances to increase the elemental damage of our Spectres and Hatred aura. It has nothing to do with Poison or Virulence.

Thanks, that makes sense. I confused myself with this part of the leveling guide: with Spectres and Hatred, it is time to take "Elemental Equilibrium". Just make absolutely sure none of your gear adds fire or cold damage, or EE won't be worth taking until you replace those items.
As someone who is enjoying your build very much because it is my first Summoner Build and it's nice to have such a comprehensive build guide to refer to for help, great job on it by the way. Really like it.

The one thing that was tricky for me was the mechanic to create the specters. I think it could be improved slightly, I ended up getting additional help elsewhere and they were able to walk me through it nicely, which really made it much easier to learn. So maybe a demonstration video on that section would really benefit people like me that don't quite understand it and never seen it or done it before.

On this subject, there are times when you mention some things again where I have no idea how or why or what you are saying, which makes it hard to comprehend the detail of what you are actually saying. So times like that, it might need more clarification and explanation in the guide. We aren't all seasoned players that know so much about the game. It was the bit about Act 4 in leveling where you mention unending hunger or violent jewel. But i figure I don't have spare jewel slots anyway, so I just ignored it anyway, so it's alright anyway. But if I had a slot available it would be nice to understand better what it would do and how it would work within the build and where to put it just more detail about it, or at least convenient link to that information elsewhere, which I looked at wiki anyway, so maybe a link to there at the very least.

I love the artwork on display too. However when referring back over and over to look over things to check i'm following things correctly, it would be more convenient if the artwork was also in it's own "show" link, so it was an optional choice whether we look at it.
It's just that after a while i've seen it over and over, i don't need to keep seeing it over and over more. I know it's you're guide and you do you and all that. But this is just practical feedback, it would help your followers follow your guide ever so much. And those that love to see the artwork can click on it and leave it open the entire time to enjoy, we all win in that situation. But it's your guide if you have to leave it leave it. But a link with a nice description of the artwork would still be interesting as most people will still love to click on it to look at it without it taking up so much space unnecessarily. It would just be a neat additional extra candy to enjoy that would be neatly tucked into your guide rather than the loud in your face approach you've chosen.

I love your guide and a big reason for picking it as my league starter is your attention to detail and the quality of your guide, so please don't take my feedback the wrong way, i love what you've done.

Will comment on anything else i notice, but love your build, love your guide and hope to reach a really high level this league with it and to make enough currency to retire happily with my loyal minion slave army at my service. Which leads to my last piece of feedback and request, could you add some advice to help new players on how to make lots of currency with your build. Like from start of maps, all the way to the end, and how to best approach map completion and best strategies to juice as much currency as possible out of it. I want to become super wealthy this league. I only made about 15ex last league and it felt underwhelming compared to some others who had hundreds of exalts.

Thank you
Последняя редакция: ArmedCiv. Время: 9 дек. 2018 г., 5:18:50
Solid starter build, I destroy yellow map with almost nothing. The start was hard because this is my first minion build and the minion keep dying, but the moment I reach ~act 6-7 the minion become THICC and destroy everything in my way. I read on reddit that minion build is bad this league because of bad clear speed and hard to kill monster temple in time but I always have around ~20s after I clear all the monster so I can assure anyone still have doubt that this build clear fast, really fast and I still use a white weapon.
The only question I have now is which weapon should I buy as league starter, I still use a white weapon and was thinking about The Scourge but it's so damn pricy at the start of the league.
Once again thank you for your awsome build.
"
Hercanic написал:
"
Alerean написал:
I don't think I've got any of that, so at the moment I haven't spec'd into Elemental Equilibrium. Could you maybe elaborate a bit on how this works (chaos/physical = poison?!)? Also I do have lesser poison, unfortunately I just don't have a spare socket. Does it matter what it's attached to?? Thanks again for this, I'm working my way through Act 5 and already this feels so smooth!

That is not entirely true AFAIK. If it says "Adds 5-10 physical damage" it will work. What doesn't work is anything that specifically says "... to attacks", that would still add the damage to Charged Dash, but we do want phys/chaos on Ball Lightning.
After reading the guide i have just one question.
How exactly do you proliferate the ignites from the solar guard?
"
ArmedCiv написал:
As someone who is enjoying your build very much because it is my first Summoner Build and it's nice to have such a comprehensive build guide to refer to for help, great job on it by the way. Really like it.

The one thing that was tricky for me was the mechanic to create the specters. I think it could be improved slightly, I ended up getting additional help elsewhere and they were able to walk me through it nicely, which really made it much easier to learn. So maybe a demonstration video on that section would really benefit people like me that don't quite understand it and never seen it or done it before.

---snip---

I felt compelled to chime in, since I was bored for a second so here you go:

How to raise Spectres

Please excuse the accent and general stumbling through the video. I hope it still helps.

I also wouldn't worry too much about currency. I've never even played a build worth 15ex in any league and still got Shaper kills. If you focus on being efficient with your time, dump tabs and sorting in bulk etc. You'll do fine. There are also loads of guide on efficient play on Youtube.

"
Scoorczybyk написал:
After reading the guide i have just one question.
How exactly do you proliferate the ignites from the solar guard?

Elemental Proliferation Gem does that. Same for the freezes. Swap out for Controlled Destruction if you want more damage and no freeze/ignite.
Последняя редакция: DieKao. Время: 9 дек. 2018 г., 11:52:35

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация