{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

There's so much info here I have no hope of getting through it all (that's a good thing, lol), so I'm sorry if someone else has suggested this earlier... Just wanted to show my appreciation for this build and all the work that has gone into it from Hercanic and from everyone commenting by adding my own suggestion.

It's only my 2nd ever proper build - and it has been awesome. In particular augmenting my skeletons with melee splash has helped me push this character further than any of my previous ones - all on zero-spend (I received two bits of armour from a very generous guild mate, but otherwise everything I have is self-dropped-farmed-crafted.

Which gave me an idea...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Hungry_Loop
(tried to add the image, but couldn't figure it out)

Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Melee Splash
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Fortify
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Minion Damage
--------

It still has room for one more support gem, so I'm just waiting for a melee physical damage support to level up and it will complete the set. This ring (single socket) basically puts my skellies on a 5-link (minus any increase in quality, but who cares with 4 supports, right?), while I still have my armour available to buff the hell out of spectres as per the build plan. I actually have another Hungry Loop on standby and am debating whether to focus on buffing that up for my zombies in pretty much the same combination... not sure though as that will make me pretty desperate for resistances on my other gear, it's an expensive process in terms of time taken to level up all these gems you're going to consume, and so far my zombies are pretty strong already in a helmet with feeding frenzy, etc.

In the meantime, I've just organised this yesterday and my skeletons are already seeming very very strong - without giving up any of the existing strength of my spectres and zombies.
"
shenlong написал:
There's so much info here I have no hope of getting through it all (that's a good thing, lol), so I'm sorry if someone else has suggested this earlier... Just wanted to show my appreciation for this build and all the work that has gone into it from Hercanic and from everyone commenting by adding my own suggestion.

It's only my 2nd ever proper build - and it has been awesome. In particular augmenting my skeletons with melee splash has helped me push this character further than any of my previous ones - all on zero-spend (I received two bits of armour from a very generous guild mate, but otherwise everything I have is self-dropped-farmed-crafted.

Which gave me an idea...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Hungry_Loop
(tried to add the image, but couldn't figure it out)

Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Melee Splash
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Fortify
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Minion Damage
--------

It still has room for one more support gem, so I'm just waiting for a melee physical damage support to level up and it will complete the set. This ring (single socket) basically puts my skellies on a 5-link (minus any increase in quality, but who cares with 4 supports, right?), while I still have my armour available to buff the hell out of spectres as per the build plan. I actually have another Hungry Loop on standby and am debating whether to focus on buffing that up for my zombies in pretty much the same combination... not sure though as that will make me pretty desperate for resistances on my other gear, it's an expensive process in terms of time taken to level up all these gems you're going to consume, and so far my zombies are pretty strong already in a helmet with feeding frenzy, etc.

In the meantime, I've just organised this yesterday and my skeletons are already seeming very very strong - without giving up any of the existing strength of my spectres and zombies.

You don't really need Fortify for skeletons, so you can swap that also to something else.
"
Jespetin написал:

You don't really need Fortify for skeletons, so you can swap that also to something else.

Yeah - I think I kind of screwed that up, cos to get that gem back out of the ring I have to get them ALL out (while vendoring it apparently)... but they'll come out as Lvl 20 so won't be eligible to go back into the new ring.

I guess it's a lesson learned this time around, but if I start the other ring from scratch with new gems I'll definitely swap that for something more useful. What do you think would be a good replacement for skeletons in this case? Feeding frenzy? (currently on zombies), or something straightforward like added fire damage?
Последняя редакция: shenlong. Время: 1 окт. 2019 г., 13:12:19
"
shenlong написал:
What do you think would be a good replacement for skeletons in this case? Feeding frenzy? (currently on zombies), or something straightforward like added fire damage?

Hello there!
Look at my character, Skellies and Zombies.
The worst thing you can do about skellies - limit their potential by Hungry Loop.
Skellies is your boss-killers, blight map cleaners and avangard in delve.
On other hand, zombies is your cannon fodder. They must run around and do some debuffs to all enemies with Melee Splash.

Zombies must be in Hungry Loop cuz you don't need +3 minion gems for zombies.
Put Elemental Army for exposure or something else to add Bleeding\Blind\Maim or other useful debuffs.
Hungry Loop is a cheap 5L ring for this purpose.
Скрытый текст

thou you can replace minion damage with something more useful that grant your spectres +DPS.
Последняя редакция: Singrave. Время: 1 окт. 2019 г., 13:34:49
I read that Herc said you can have the following in helmet if minion damage is built in:

- Skeletons
- Melee phys
- Feeding frenzy
- multistrike or melee splash (among others)

Now, stupid question, if I take melee splash with melee phys.. will this work because I feel a bit weaker suddenly...

That being said, I did also replace the feeding frenzy in my weapon with Carrion Golem and am using Golem Commanderas anointment.

Did I screw myself slightly with all my changes?
"
Veraclus написал:
I read that Herc said you can have the following in helmet if minion damage is built in:

- Skeletons
- Melee phys
- Feeding frenzy
- multistrike or melee splash (among others)

Now, stupid question, if I take melee splash with melee phys.. will this work because I feel a bit weaker suddenly...

That being said, I did also replace the feeding frenzy in my weapon with Carrion Golem and am using Golem Commanderas anointment.

Did I screw myself slightly with all my changes?

Melee Phys overwrite Melee Splash by ~20% increased damage and you have your "splash" attacks.
As you know...you can change gems at any time.
You put melee splash for map clear and something like Ruthless on a boss.
Ya know, it's not a "lazy" way to swap gems, but they're both RED :)
Thou, i don't use skellies for map clear.

I find that Carrion Golem even on a full-cold conversion in Triad Grip gloves don't give much damage. 31-46 base damage? it's a joke even with all those %increased and %more damage modifiers.
So, just run Stone Golem for better survivability and drop this Golem Commander from anointment.
Последняя редакция: Singrave. Время: 1 окт. 2019 г., 14:06:17
Thanks Singrave! Appreciate the response.

That confirms what I thought about Carrions. They looked so cute together tho XD
"
Veraclus написал:
Thanks Singrave! Appreciate the response.

That confirms what I thought about Carrions. They looked so cute together tho XD

his AOE attacks with Feeding Frenzy can completely replace "zombie debuffs" thing.
You can run it in a weapon. Carrion Golem-Feeding Frenzy-%some_debuff%.
Would be even BETTER if weapon has "skills supported by %some_debuff%" - blind, maim, elemental army, whatever can debuff those mobs :)

And put your Zombies into Meat Shield thing, so you'll be better protected.
Golem Commander not worth it if you don't run Golemancer build with 3 golems, but it's very different build :)
I took Golem Commander on leveling but then dropped it for more HP\ES\Minion damage.
Последняя редакция: Singrave. Время: 1 окт. 2019 г., 14:26:36
"
Singrave написал:
Skellies is your boss-killers, blight map cleaners and avangard in delve.
On other hand, zombies is your cannon fodder. They must run around and do some debuffs to all enemies with Melee Splash.

Thanks very much for your advice. I think I should take apart my first hungry loop and start the other one as a zombie base like you said.

Cheers :D
"
shenlong написал:

Thanks very much for your advice. I think I should take apart my first hungry loop and start the other one as a zombie base like you said.

Cheers :D

on other hand - i'm newb 5weeks in game.
i didn't knew that you can "pull out" gems from Hungry Loop :))
Thank you too!

@Hercanic
From many other guides - yours is most appreciated by me.
It's COMPLEX and VERY explained. Not just "put this, we need firepower!".
I see you understand the game mechanics\calculations so good.
It's incredibly great for newbies and experienced players.

I was one of "well, this guide working" and didn't give a try to understand - why.
You've explained almost all the things that can be explained in a build FAQ section. Why and why not.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english :)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация