{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Thx for the responses and quick lvling guide. Love the new uncompleted sections in your guide. Looking forward to them getting filled up
Beside my active played bow build I am looking for a more 'passively' played build (semi-afk) for some delving.

Not really interested in killing uber-elder, more interested in having fun and play something 'different' beside my current build.

Would you say this build fits into this category?
@ kewkie:
"
kewkie написал:
Beside my active played bow build I am looking for a more 'passively' played build (semi-afk) for some delving.

Not really interested in killing uber-elder, more interested in having fun and play something 'different' beside my current build.

Would you say this build fits into this category?

Short answer: Yes. It has one active skill (Charged Dash), one move skill (Shield Charge), and six prep skills (aura, herald, three persistent minions, and two long-duration minions used only for bosses and events). Everything else is automated. It doesn't rely on flasks, so it can be played primarily mouse-only. Aiming, positioning, and incoming damage have far less pressure than a bow build. There are no timers or cooldowns you really need to be concerned about.

However, it can become active if you want to push your efficiency and clear speed, landing optimal dashes and zipping around the battlefield. I like to charge right into packs, putting myself at greater risk for speed, but you can also hang back and let the waves of Ball Lightnings hit first for a safer and more relaxed playstyle. You can also straight up use just Shield Charge on easier content, as Phantasms, Zombies, and Spectres will carry you.

@Med1umentor:
"
Med1umentor написал:
Thanks a lot for a video!

I think i will try it in the next league... well, if next league would be soft to summoners. As i see it, delve is quite clunky for ranged summons, especially the deep ones.

Awesome! I can't wait until the next league reveal! I pray to the Dark that Vorici won't blow so hard anymore for summoners.

@ Schnubbel_:
"
Schnubbel_ написал:
Thx for the responses and quick lvling guide. Love the new uncompleted sections in your guide. Looking forward to them getting filled up

It'll take a bit of time and work, but hopefully those sections will be a big help!
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 26 марта 2019 г., 6:44:15
Sadly i cant start before the weekend. Gonna give some feedback and prbly questions once i get into it. Looking forward for this
Still levelling and in my early 60s but so far it's been very funny.
Different approach to what i tought a summoner was (backing up while minions doing the job) and instead you have to be (very) aggressive and lunch yourself to the mobs to turn defense up and buff/start your minions.
Of course, after the initial charge, you have to keep moving zoom zoom around to avoid getting shredded.
Squishy at times with bosses capable of one shot mechanics so game/encounter knowledge is required of course.
Kinda hard to keep res capped tbh ..
Still missing a lot of gear and related interactions but if build keeps scaling, once set up, its very promising :)
My suggestion is to start asap to get used to summon the skellies (especially vs bosses) because they are the ones dealing havoc ;)
How did you off-colour your Belly ??
It's impossible ...
"
Yloss написал:
Different approach to what i tought a summoner was (backing up while minions doing the job) and instead you have to be (very) aggressive and lunch yourself to the mobs to turn defense up and buff/start your minions.
Of course, after the initial charge, you have to keep moving zoom zoom around to avoid getting shredded.
Squishy at times with bosses capable of one shot mechanics so game/encounter knowledge is required of course.
Still missing a lot of gear and related interactions but if build keeps scaling, once set up, its very promising :)
My suggestion is to start asap to get used to summon the skellies (especially vs bosses) because they are the ones dealing havoc ;)

Yea, I agree with you. Damage is good but not really save build for HC. Because u dive in to the fight before your minion.
@ Yloss:
"
Yloss написал:
How did you off-colour your Belly ??
It's impossible ...

Vorici off-color method. Use Vorici to set a Belly of the Beast to 2 sockets. Then use his 2-blue color recipe to set those sockets to blue. Now use the 3-socket recipe. The third socket probably came out red or green. If so, set it back to 2 sockets, which will remove only the socket you just added, keeping the first two blue sockets. Go back and forth between setting it to 3 and 2 sockets until the third socket is blue. Do the same for the fourth socket, alternating between 4 and 3 sockets until the fourth is blue. The fifth socket, when it starts to get more expensive, is a much easier green. Do the same process as before until you have a green socket. Finally, the same for the sixth socket. Now you have a 4B2G off-colored Belly for <1k jewelers, depending on luck.

By the way, my Belly is item level 49, yet six sockets can only roll on ilevel 50+. Vorici works regardless of item level.

"
Yloss написал:

You have several engagement options, depending on risk. When you are confident, you can play like I do in my videos. Hold Charged Dash long enough for Ball Lightning to cast, then release and either do it again or use Shield Charge, rocketing yourself face-first into pack after pack. I find it quite enjoyable, but you do need to keep on your toes. Monsters have a noticeable reaction delay, letting you flaunt their presence for the first half-second. By then, Ice Spears hit and they're usually chilled or frozen. You can increase this delay further by swapping in Temporal Chains.

When map mods or monster types are dangerous, you can play cautiously. Imagine you're casting Ball Lightning directly, only when you stop casting you teleport to where you would have been had you not cast anything. You don't release Charged Dash until it's safe, either because the monsters are frozen or dead.

If dealing with lots of projectiles, approach at an angle, a zig-zag, to naturally dodge incoming volleys.

As for resistance capping, you could temporarily take the Commander of Darkness ascendancy and squeeze in a level 1 Clarity to get 20% all resist. Jewel sockets are also a source of relief. Although most of the items are rares, with only one ring slot being completely dead for resists, the specific Elder/Shaper mods might make it hard to find versions with strong resistances. I myself am stuck with my current helmet, despite its lack of life, because I need the resists it has. Remember, though, you do not need +1 Spectre boots or the Bloodgrip amulet and can instead go with something that has plenty of resistances. A 6L rare chest packed with resists isn't too expensive right now, either.

Oh, I should probably mention something about Spectres that may not be obvious if you're new to summoners. The monster level of Spectres does not automatically increase with gem level like other minions. It stays whatever monster level the corpse was that you raised them from, further restricted if your gem levels were low at the time. So if you raise Frost Sentinels from Lunaris Concourse, even with a level 20 Raise Spectre, those Frost Sentinels will always be level 58. Raise Spectre also has its own cap, so if you use a level 1 Raise Spectre in Lunaris Concourse, even though the corpse is level 58, your Spectre will only be level 32 because of the gem's cap.

Once you have any level of Frost Sentinel as a Spectre, the Desecrate skill can create that monster's corpse in a higher level zone. This is how you get up to level 84 Frost Sentinels without having to find them naturally. However, again, there's a cap tied to Desecrate's gem level. So if Desecrate is too low level, just like if Raise Spectre is too low level, you will end up creating very low level Spectres (a wand on weapon swap with "+1 to socketed Chaos skills" can help Desecrate). At gem level 20, both Desecrate can create up to level 100 corpses and Raise Spectre can raise up to level 100 Spectres. However, there is no level 100 zone. Desecrate only creates corpses up to the lowest between its level cap and the monster level of the zone. Since the highest zone is 84, we're limited to level 84 Spectres. The only current exception to this is Unearth, which can create corpses of a higher level than the zone. So you can, in fact, get up to level 100 Spectres, but only very slow-walking Skeleton Archers that the Unearth gem creates corpses of.

It's a bit confusing at first. You have to check the zone level, Desecrate level, and Raise Spectre level to determine what level your Spectre will be when raised, and then you must memorize that since there's no way to check it later. The unique map, Oba's Cursed Trove, in the last room of the map with all the strongboxes, has a monster level of 84, and is the most reliable way to get level 84 Spectres.

@ The_Faint_Smile:
"
The_Faint_Smile написал:
Damage is good but not really save build for HC. Because u dive in to the fight before your minion.

Since I don't play HC, I cannot comment on its viability. For a damage class, though, summoner is naturally very safe. Many threats are mitigated just from a simple meat wall. My build in particular has several additional protections that other summoner builds lack, such as proliferated freezes and Life on Hit. You'll notice in my videos that my life rarely drops, but I am in fact taking damage. The Life on Hit does a lot of work.

For HC, you can make modifications to increase the build's survivability. Swap Projectile Weakness for Enfeeble or Temporal Chains, and get the other curse as a glove corruption with a +1 curse amulet. Drop Acrobatics for a more reliable eHP pool. You could go hybrid ES with an ES on Hit Watcher's Eye. You can either use Charged Dash cautiously, as I mentioned above, or swap it for Blade Flurry for more positional control. You can also use a channeled spell, like Blight for its 80% Hinder, but you must replace Bloodlust on Skeletons since you won't have a source of bleeding, but it opens up your weapon type beyond claws.

@ Schnubbel_:
"
Schnubbel_ написал:
Sadly i cant start before the weekend. Gonna give some feedback and prbly questions once i get into it. Looking forward for this

Great! I'm looking forward to your feedback and will do my best to answer any questions posted here.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 26 марта 2019 г., 6:45:28
Thanks for the feedback and hints Hercanic!
Enjoying the build a lot!
For now i'll be using a decent rare chest while i work up about 1k more chromes to try the off-color Vorici method.
Aside the missing jewels (need to grind some more lvls) my problem now is with the weapon ... no way to find a claw on sale with the required stats .. sigh.

Keep it up! :)
@ Yloss:
"
Yloss написал:
Thanks for the feedback and hints Hercanic!
Enjoying the build a lot!
For now i'll be using a decent rare chest while i work up about 1k more chromes to try the off-color Vorici method.
Aside the missing jewels (need to grind some more lvls) my problem now is with the weapon ... no way to find a claw on sale with the required stats .. sigh.

Keep it up! :)

Not sure if typo or misunderstanding, but you don't need 1k chromes. It's jewelers that you want, which come quite readily from 6-socket drops. 1k is really only if the last socket takes a couple tries at 350j a pop.

Weapon: Claw is only for the flat Life on Hit. You can instead broaden your search for +1 and Maim to find plenty of cheap options (search link). Go for the best attack speed, but beware of additional links that might increase Herald of Agony's reservation cost too much. You must have less than 50% reservation in order to cast anything. 25% x 1.25 (empower) x 1.15 (maim) = 35.94%. I wouldn't go above another 120% multiplier.

Faster Attacks = 115% = okay
Increased Critical Strike = 115% = okay
Added Fire = 120% = ideal, but hard to find
Elemental Damage with Attacks = 140% = nope nope nope

The 7x rare Jewels will give you around 21% more damage, smoother Shield Charge, and up to 350 flat life (over 1k total life).
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 26 марта 2019 г., 6:45:55

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация