{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Regarding "feeling weak" during leveling - I've took different route to fix it. Just took SRS as skill which I spam, and it works great. Just spam skeles + SRS and they will clear screen very fast. Make sure to have good mana flask, you will run out of mana very fast.
For reference, my char name: AbsNecro.
This might seem like a stupid question, but is there any reason you use Minion Damage over Melee Physical Damage for zombies in our Shaped 1h? easier to hit BBR than BBB, and POB lists the DPS the same. Am I missing something? Or was it just habit with all our minion gems :P

Also the new 3.10 setup is gonna either need some fat dex rolls on gear, or we are going to be running dash at like Lv12. I wish it didn't have such a high dex requirement seeing as we already need a support to give it another charge, cuz it is a nice move skill, but needs levels for the range to jump gaps QQ
Последняя редакция: SirNorek. Время: 17 марта 2020 г., 16:29:36
@ SirNorek:
Full Post
"
SirNorek написал:
This might seem like a stupid question, but is there any reason you use Minion Damage over Melee Physical Damage for zombies in our Shaped 1h? easier to hit BBR than BBB, and POB lists the DPS the same. Am I missing something? Or was it just habit with all our minion gems :P

Also the new 3.10 setup is gonna either need some fat dex rolls on gear, or we are going to be running dash at like Lv12. I wish it didn't have such a high dex requirement seeing as we already need a support to give it another charge, cuz it is a nice move skill, but needs levels for the range to jump gaps QQ
"
any reason you use Minion Damage over Melee Physical Damage for zombies

Minion Damage scales everything, such as if you happen to have any flat elemental or chaos damage for minions on jewels, auras (Smite, Envy), party member auras (Wrath, Anger, etc), Despair (party, Witchfire's Brew), party's Pyroclast Mines, or the Vaal Skeleton General with the fire damage aura. It used to have a better quality mod, too.

Generally there's not much difference, so it's fine to use MPD if chromes are limited and it's easier for you to have a red socket (claws are DEX/INT, so blues aren't hard on them).

"
new 3.10 setup is gonna either need some fat dex rolls on gear, or we are going to be running dash at like Lv12.

This is an excellent point that I overlooked.

With 44 base DEX from our tree, a Citrine amulet (24 DEX), one T6+ DEX roll on a ring or amulet (27-31 DEX), and two passive points for the Agility and Alacrity notables (60 DEX), we can reach 155-159 DEX (L20-L21).
Just reached mapping with this build and bought the 3G1R Triad gloves + 6L body for specters. Map clearing + delirium is insanely fast!!

Frenzy charges + phase run all the time. When packs are around I cyclone around. There is amazing synergy with cyclone + ball lightning + frost sentinels which other minion builds have hard time competing. IIRC its about aggroing your own minions with attacks + reach of the frosties.

I didnt realize how much speed smoke mines add and need to get used using them more often. As a teleport to safety option they are subpar. Will try dash and see if that gives good reach. Speed from mines are not needed for me now. The build might be too fast for Delirium spike damage on the floor. Hard to see everything when zoom zooming.

My main concern is getting more tanky. First steps is to get better gear with life+ES. Anything we can do on the skill, passive tree or cluster jewels?
Res is easily capped since I use Commander of Darkness. Also using Mistress of sacrifice + Bone offering. Considering Bone Armour as well once I get all ascendancy points.
@Hercanic

Hi, I played your build the last two leagues and I really enjoy how well balance it is. This league I wanted to try out AW and by early white maps I realized that I'm going to need something else. I incorporated quite a bit of your build into it, well pretty much everything minus the skeletons.

Lately I been looking into the new spectres to replace Frost Sentinel, they are the Redemption Sentry from the Redeemer influenced maps, Mindweave Sentinel and Forsal Synthete from the Synthesis map.

I haven't had access to a Synthesis map yet but I had raised the Redemption Sentry a couple of times to test and they appears to be stronger than Frost Sentinels. They do physical damage with 75% converted to cold damage.

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Redemption+Sentry

My question is how do I convert the last 25% to cold? Will a one green socket Triad Grip only convert 1/4 of the remaining 25%?

I'm thinking of making the Redemption Sentry for bossing and AW for clear.
@ Rakio:
Full Post
"
Rakio написал:
Just reached mapping with this build and bought the 3G1R Triad gloves + 6L body for specters. Map clearing + delirium is insanely fast!!

Frenzy charges + phase run all the time. When packs are around I cyclone around. There is amazing synergy with cyclone + ball lightning + frost sentinels which other minion builds have hard time competing. IIRC its about aggroing your own minions with attacks + reach of the frosties.

I didnt realize how much speed smoke mines add and need to get used using them more often. As a teleport to safety option they are subpar. Will try dash and see if that gives good reach. Speed from mines are not needed for me now. The build might be too fast for Delirium spike damage on the floor. Hard to see everything when zoom zooming.

My main concern is getting more tanky. First steps is to get better gear with life+ES. Anything we can do on the skill, passive tree or cluster jewels?
Res is easily capped since I use Commander of Darkness. Also using Mistress of sacrifice + Bone offering. Considering Bone Armour as well once I get all ascendancy points.
"
Anything we can do on the skill, passive tree or cluster jewels (to be more tanky)?

Mitigation, Recovery, and Avoidance. These three are key to our survival.

MITIGATION
1. High eHP.
2. Stack phys reduction. I cover several cluster notable options on p316.
3. Max resistances.
4. Chaos resistance.
5. Crit protection.
6. Guard.

RECOVERY
1. Life on (Attack) Hit. Life on Spell Hit. ES on Hit. We can accomplish this with the original and 3.8 builds' approach of using LoSH Shaper rings, Discipline, and the ES on Hit Watcher's Eye Jewel.
2. Leech. We would either need to make room for a personal damage skill, or stack Strength for Baron's Zombie leech. The Soul Tether belt with Vaal Pact keystone becomes an interesting in this scenario.
2. Regeneration.
3. Flasks.
4. Corpse consumption. Devouring Diadem helm. Disciple of Kitava keystone.

AVOIDANCE
1. Mobility
2. Block. Spell Block. Bone Offering.
3. Dodge. Spell Dodge.

I'll be editing in more about the above.

@ IchiMorghulis:
Full Post
"
IchiMorghulis написал:
@Hercanic

Hi, I played your build the last two leagues and I really enjoy how well balance it is. This league I wanted to try out AW and by early white maps I realized that I'm going to need something else. I incorporated quite a bit of your build into it, well pretty much everything minus the skeletons.

Lately I been looking into the new spectres to replace Frost Sentinel, they are the Redemption Sentry from the Redeemer influenced maps, Mindweave Sentinel and Forsal Synthete from the Synthesis map.

I haven't had access to a Synthesis map yet but I had raised the Redemption Sentry a couple of times to test and they appears to be stronger than Frost Sentinels. They do physical damage with 75% converted to cold damage.

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Redemption+Sentry

My question is how do I convert the last 25% to cold? Will a one green socket Triad Grip only convert 1/4 of the remaining 25%?

I'm thinking of making the Redemption Sentry for bossing and AW for clear.
"

Oh nice, these look like a significantly buffed Hyrri's Watch archer.

It's troublesome to calculate attack DPS, because you have to find the base damage first. I have this stat sheet, but it could be outdated. To confirm, I'd need to compare a clean Spectre in PoB and reverse any monster type modifiers to figure out the base attack damage of a L82 attack monster, so it can be compared to L82 caster monsters from poeDB.

"

In case you missed it, I've got a Spectre list.

One of the issues with many of these new Spectre monsters is they have much higher cast times. The Mindweaver's 1.5 cast time = 0.67 cast speed, so their L82 2779 base cold damage (2223-3334 dmg range) * 1.2 monster type damage multiplier * 0.67 cast speed = 2223 DPS. This would be considerably lessened, however, when it alternates to casting its 3.3 cast time Mortar (= 0.3 cast speed). Meaning instead of 3 RibbonProjectile casts in 4.5 seconds, you get 1 RibbonProjectile and 1 Mortar in 4.8 seconds.

The Frosal Synthete deals 1779 base cold damage (1423-2135 dmg range) * 1.5 monster type damage multiplier * 0.75 cast speed = 2001 DPS. It also has a 1.5 cast time cold-version of Soulrend (8 sec cooldown), and an even slower 2.5 cast time Ice Spear (10 sec cooldown). There's also the EmptyAction, which looks to spawn an object that casts a Cold Cascade. It has a 3.0 cast time and 12 sec cooldown.

Based on the AI Scripts of these two, it looks like if the target is not a Player, then all their skills have the same priority of 3, meaning they'll probably cycle through them in order as long as they're not on cooldown.

The Frost Sentinel deals 1261 base cold damage (1009-1513 dmg range) * 1.2 monster type damage multiplier * 1.18 cast speed = 1786 DPS. ice_spear_second_form_damage_+% use to show a value of 50% on poeDB years ago, but something changed internally and poeDB has not updated where to look for this value. Whether this functions as More or Increased I cannot say for sure, but since it acts on the skill itself there's a good chance it works like More. Meaning the first form of their Ice Spear gets free Pierce, and the second form gets 50% more damage. 1786 * 1.5 = 2678 DPS. If it instead worked as Increased, then it'd be around ~10% more damage, or 1965 DPS. Because the Frost Sentinel only casts Ice Spear, its DPS will be consistent.

DPS aside, something to keep in mind is that cast speed is imperative to response time when moving from pack to pack. A slow cast speed with high damage might result in similar DPS against a boss, but its Time-to-Kill for trash mobs will be worse.

"
how do I convert the last 25% to cold?

For converting minion damage, there is Physical to Lightning Support, Cold to Fire Support, Chernobog's Pillar (with NA), Vessel of Vinktar (with Umbilicus Immortalis), and Triad Grip.

The way conversion works is that it cannot exceed 100%, so if you had 75% cold from the minion itself, 25% cold from Triad Grip, and 75% lightning (or fire or chaos), it'd end up 57% cold (=100/175) and 43% lightning (=75/175).

Skill conversion has a higher priority than the passive tree or item conversion. If monsters work the same, then the mixed item conversion could only split the remaining 25% phys. (25 * 0.57 =) 14% cold and 11% lightning (= 25 * 0.43), for a total of 89% cold and 11% lightning.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 27 марта 2020 г., 0:57:51
@Hercanic

Thank you for the detail reply, the past year I learn so much about minions just from reading you responses.

A quick update, having play with Redemption Sentry for I couple of days I noticed that they are not nearly as aggressive as FS and while each hit seems to hit harder, their attack rate is noticeably lower than FS.

I think I'm going to have to give up on the AWs, while they are strong, it is tiring to have to cast them before every zone and refresh them during the delirium encounter. Their somewhat slow cast time doesn't help either.

I think I'll go back to skellys and FS. Your FS/Phantasm feels really good in delirium. I played around with pierce in place of faster projectiles as the monsters are so dense within the delirium. Hopefully I won't have to respec my tree much.
Последняя редакция: IchiMorghulis. Время: 24 марта 2020 г., 13:31:16
@ IchiMorghulis:
Full Post
"
IchiMorghulis написал:
@Hercanic

Thank you for the detail reply, the past year I learn so much about minions just from reading you responses.

A quick update, having play with Redemption Sentry for I couple of days I noticed that they are not nearly as aggressive as FS and while each hit seems to hit harder, their attack rate is noticeably lower than FS.

I think I'm going to have to give up on the AWs, while they are strong, it is tiring to have to cast them before every zone and refresh them during the delirium encounter. Their somewhat slow cast time doesn't help either.

I think I'll go back to skellys and FS. Your FS/Phantasm feels really good in delirium. I played around with pierce in place of faster projectiles as the monsters are so dense within the delirium. Hopefully I won't have to respec my tree much.
"
I think I'm going to have to give up on the AWs

From what I'm hearing, Animated Weapons are about as powerful as Skeletons, but require more maintenance. You end up wasting a lot of time individually casting 14 times for 14 weapons, compared to Skeletons who can reach cap in 3 casts, not to mention the 1-button Vaal Skeleton surprise party.

"
I played around with pierce in place of faster projectiles as the monsters are so dense within the delirium.

Just keep in mind Phantasms already pierce, and depend on Faster Proj to dramatically increase the range of their fade-out projectiles (like Ethereal Knives).

Frost Sentinels also pierce by default when their Ice Spear is in its first form. As you rush through packs and your Frost Sentinels auto-teleport onto you, they'll get to pierce through anything close.

Pierce would be of benefit when your Frost Sentinels are getting fat stacks of Soul Eater from the Unending Hunger jewel. Otherwise, Phantasms make up nearly two-thirds of the setup's DPS, and without Faster Proj they cover far less area. Slower Ice Spears also mean it takes longer for their damage to connect, slowing down pack clear.

I might try this in the future:

Zombies + Feeding Frenzy + Elemental Army (instead of Minion Damage)

Frost Sentinels + Phantasms + GMP + Faster Proj + Pierce (instead of Elemental Army) + Spell Echo (instead of Minion Damage).

The idea with Spell Echo is to output more hits for more chances to Freeze. It's also 53% more damage vs. Minion Damage's 49% more, but as a downside it locks minions in place 18% longer (= 1/1.7 cast time * 2 casts).

Elemental Proliferation (instead of Pierce) is under consideration again for the massive area freezes it offers.

I'm also considering using one or two Spectre slots as support Spectres, leaving one or so Frost Sentinels to spawn Phantasms, who then handle clear. It'd be like getting the best of both worlds. One Phantasm deals about half the DPS of our Frost Sentinels (not including Soul Eater). Put another way, each Frost Sentinel is worth two Phantasms. So it's a difference of 11+6 vs 11+2, or 23% less damage. To make up the difference, the support Spectres would need to add 31% more damage, which would in turn benefit Zombies and Skeletons.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 25 марта 2020 г., 13:52:09
@ Hercanic

I completely changed back to your build

"
From what I'm hearing, Animated Weapons are about as powerful as Skeletons, but require more maintenance. You end up wasting a lot of time individually casting 14 times for 14 weapons

Other downsides are slow cast time, the need to take duration nodes, I took Mistress of Sac. and the Enduring Bond cluster and the duration still doesn't feel like its enough. The AW won't go thru doorways unless I lead them.

"
Just keep in mind Phantasms already pierce

I never knew that.

"
The idea with Spell Echo is to output more hits for more chances to Freeze. It's also 53% more damage vs. Minion Damage's 49% more, but as a downside it locks minions in place 18% longer (= 1/1.7 cast time * 2 casts).

I always wonder about why you haven't recommended Spell Echo before. I'll test it out.

"
Elemental Proliferation (instead of Pierce) is under consideration again for the massive area freezes it offers.

I ran a t9 Arid Lake map yesterday and my minions were able to permafreeze the enraged boss. I don't recall being able to freeze bosses in the past. I think one of my cluster jewel "Vengeful Commander" may contribute to it.
@ everyone:
Exciting news! A complete list of ALL Spectre monsters and their hidden properties has been compiled and released!

This has confirmed that the Frost Sentinel's Ice Spear still receives +50% more damage in its second form (not accounted for in estimated DPS).

I was surprised to learn that monster skills do in fact have their own base crit. The Frost Sentinel's Ice Spear has 7% crit chance, not 5%, so three Power Charges would result in 49% chance to crit instead of 35%.

The Baranite Preacher's Ball Lightning has a massively crazy 32% base crit chance.

For anyone not aware, I've been regularly expanding a list of interesting Spectres a few pages back. Eventually I'll incorporate it into the 3.10 Update page.

In other news, poeDB updated their monster pages with much more information. Things like attack range, base attack damage, armor, evasion, and more are now displayed.

Finally, there's a weapon swap bug that resets Spectre cooldowns. It seems to be caused by swapping from weapons that increase minion level. When their level changes, the game refreshes them to prevent snapshotting, but as a consequence it ends up removing any cooldowns as well.

@ IchiMorghulis:
Full Post
"
IchiMorghulis написал:
@ Hercanic

I completely changed back to your build

"
From what I'm hearing, Animated Weapons are about as powerful as Skeletons, but require more maintenance. You end up wasting a lot of time individually casting 14 times for 14 weapons

Other downsides are slow cast time, the need to take duration nodes, I took Mistress of Sac. and the Enduring Bond cluster and the duration still doesn't feel like its enough. The AW won't go thru doorways unless I lead them.

"
Just keep in mind Phantasms already pierce

I never knew that.

"

I always wonder about why you haven't recommended Spell Echo before. I'll test it out.

"

I ran a t9 Arid Lake map yesterday and my minions were able to permafreeze the enraged boss. I don't recall being able to freeze bosses in the past. I think one of my cluster jewel "Vengeful Commander" may contribute to it.
"

Yeah, it was because of the 18% longer casting lockdown, which prevents the minion from retargeting during that time even if its target died.

"
my minions were able to permafreeze the enraged boss. I don't recall being able to freeze bosses in the past.

Ailments like Freeze are now based on an Ailment Threshold instead of monster life. For normal monsters, this threshold is equal to their life. For bosses, though, it is much less, meaning bosses are easier to freeze now.

"
I think one of my cluster jewel "Vengeful Commander" may contribute to it.

Triad Grip gives up to a 10% chance to Freeze. Vengeful Commander is a 2.5% chance from the 50% crit chance of a 5% base.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 31 марта 2020 г., 17:11:13

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация