{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ BETTERPC:
"
BETTERPC написал:
So nice build
Big question: how to craft gloves, helm (chaos/fossill?)
And what is the best weapon for this? (can find any with few chaos or have to craft one?)
I spent about 1 ex craft fossil this leg and just got some dump stuffs (im noob for sure). So....
Thank you so much!

Are you playing SSF, dislike trading, or just not having any luck finding them for trade within your price range?

Claws with flat life are the best weapon, because Life on Hit is very strong instant recovery. My 40 LoH claw gives 140 life per second per target. Against packs it becomes a huge source of recovery, while versus bosses it's like having a level 26 Stone Golem. Twin or Gemini claw would be the absolute best base claw, since flat mana on hit counters the annoyance of No Regen maps. But you do not have to use a claw at all. The only reason is for the recovery (which you also get from Ball Lightning with a Shaper ring). You can use any one-handed melee weapon, so by all means broaden your search parameters to find affordable alternatives.

• Helmet craft:
    1. iLevel 86 Elder helmet (Bone Helm BIS, but very rare/expensive)
    2. Bound + Pristine fossils

• Glove craft:
    1. iLevel 68+ Elder gloves (evasion base is fine)
    2. Corroded + Pristine fossils
    3. These gloves are naturally super cheap on the market, so if you have the opportunity I'd recommend buying them instead.

• Claw craft:
    1. iLevel 80+ Elder claw (Twin/Gemini BIS)
    2. Faceted + (Jagged and/or Scorched) fossils. Jagged boosts Maim and Added Fire, but creates more competition for +1 gems, while Scorched boosts Added Fire and removes all cold affixes (we don't want any cold damage because of EE and Hatred).
    3. This one will be the most difficult to self-craft, because there are so many possible affixes.

None of the special affixes are necessary, they only add power. You can slowly work towards them while playing the build normally. During the interim, you can start off with a simple rare "+1 to socketed skills" claw and "+2 to socketed minion skills" helm.

@ zoNiklv:
"
zoNiklv написал:
These gloves are best at movement speed and helping vaal skill uptime.

I'd say they're worth considering if you can go fast enough to keep Rampage up (100 kills is only +5% movement speed, whereas the 30% attack speed on Ondar's Clasp might work out better with Shield Charge), but only if you can 4-link them. This build can use all its skills simultaneously, so links are a premium while fusings might be in short supply when first leveling. A white 4-link from a vendor that you alch means you can play this build closer to its intended form sooner.

Next time I'm leveling, I'll give the gloves a fair shake and see how it goes.

"
zoNiklv написал:
Not trying to advocate Arc being best way to level this build. Just saying I did my Witch summoner with Arc to Level 90 with skill tree barely related to Arc. Also without doing a single Lab, couldn't pick between Elementalist and Occultist)

Did you always one-shot with Arc, or at any point did it take multiple casts? When I originally leveled this build, I messed around with different spells, including Arc, but I dropped all that because I wasn't feeling it was very efficient. It'll work, of course, but not at the speed I wanted.

The main problem, though, is spells aren't attacks, so you won't trigger Holy Relic, which means no regen for Zombies. Resummoning Zombies is such a pain that, since leagues ago, I always made my first goal to get a minion regen node. Holy Relic relieves that need, but you have to attack. Luckily, Shield Charge is an attack! The large AOE damage from the relic is also fairly competitive with a few supports, clearing rooms on its own in yellow and early red maps. I'd shield charge in while my minions derped outside, yet most things still died because of the relic's kaboomboom.

"
zoNiklv написал:
As for leveling gear, don't forget about our friends - Goldrim, Darkness Enthroned and Brightbeak). Praxis rings can help sustain paired with MoM, can be beneficial!

Ah, I didn't forget them.

Goldrim is like a lamprey, once it attaches itself to your head it's very hard to pry off. Because we eventually use Wraithlord, I didn't want everyone to get spoiled by Goldrim. If you're prepared to rip that toothy bandaid off, then by all means use Goldrim.

Brightbeak no longer scales Shield Charge so insanely, but its resists are still very nice. Certainly an option, but I didn't include it since its benefits are not exclusive and I'd rather keep the list of leveling uniques down to a minimum.

Darkness Enthroned cannot beat a nice belt without equally nice abyssal jewels. These don't drop until Act 6. Unlike normal jewels, they can also have a minimum level, so you'd have to buy and rebuy weaker low level jewels. Just seems like a lot of trading busywork for little benefit. Unlike attack builds, we don't scale that hard off flat damage.

Mind over Matter is very nice, no argument here. Easy 7k eHP. I had always gone MoM on my summoners until this build, and let me tell you while leveling the difference in danger was quite pronounced (especially in Lab, because traps scale to your ES/Life but not Mana). Even so, with a little added wariness, I was ultimately fine. In the spirit of sticking to the core build concept, I eschew MoM.

@ Yloss:
"
Yloss написал:
"
zoNiklv написал:
"
Yloss написал:
I feel still a little squishy when fighting hard bosses (like Elder and guardians .. struggling a lot with Minotaur which should be the easier .. oh well) probably due to my low understanding of the encounters mechanic and low practice with summoner class. Hopefully with better gear/gems and practice it'll get better :)
That's fine, Mino always hated on minion builds. For what is worth, you're not using a single defensive flask and are quite underleveled :) Try Rumi, Basalt and Quartz flask. See how you feel about them)
Thanks, i'll give it a try! :)

Edit: It worked (actually better understanding of the fight and positioning helped a lot) :)

Minotaur has 12.5 million life, and hits for 4943 damage, with 30% converted to Lightning, at 1.76 APS. His Slam skill deals 150% damage (7415), and his Burrow skill deals 160% (7908). So you need to have around 8000 eHP to not be one-shot by those abilities, before any map mods (8% phys reduction from Zombies + 15% from Basalt flask = 1.23 eHP modifier, so 6500 life becomes 7995 eHP). The shock effect from the lightning towers cannot be dispelled, so most builds will be one-shot if they are afflicted.

The key is to go in hard and aggressive to maximize your DPS and keep the fight short. When he burrows, sidestep and he'll miss. Stay out of the falling rock AOE. Use Charged Dash to teleport through the lightning towers unharmed; Shield Charge will not protect you. The map mod "Increased AOE" makes this fight much more deadly.

https://poedb.tw/us/area.php?n=Maze+of+the+Minotaur
https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Guardian+of+the+Minotaur

"
Yloss написал:
I just killed Shaper but died 3 times due to my mistakes (bad positioning/decisions) and tough luck (orb inside Zana shield ..)
Pls consider it was my very first Shaper fight :P
Feeling is that it can be done deathless already with my sub-optimal gear :)
PS: I have the video if anyone is interested

Congrats! I wouldn't mind seeing the video. If you want to hold off adding the fight to the build page, we can wait for you to record a deathless run. =o)
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 31 марта 2019 г., 23:18:43
Where does the third spectre comes from, i only see +1 in the tree ?
I'm using Storm Burst instead Charged Dash with a jewel with + phys damage and chaos to spells, i don't use the curse on hit ring yet ( dexterity problems ). Can't get used to Dash teleporting me all the time :-) Only lvl 62 at the moment and didn't get my acsendency yet but havng a blast, thanks !

Sorry just saw it's on the boots
Последняя редакция: Virevly. Время: 11 нояб. 2018 г., 9:07:38
@ Virevly:
"
Virevly написал:
Where does the third spectre comes from, i only see +1 in the tree ?
I'm using Storm Burst instead Charged Dash with a jewel with + phys damage and chaos to spells, i don't use the curse on hit ring yet ( dexterity problems ). Can't get used to Dash teleporting me all the time :-) Only lvl 62 at the moment and didn't get my acsendency yet but havng a blast, thanks !

Sorry just saw it's on the boots

Yep, the new fossil-crafted +1 Spectre boots. You don't need them. One more Spectre won't change how many Phantasms you can have, and those guys are your hidden clear DPS.

Storm Burst with GMP will give you nearly 10 hits a second, so that's good, but since it's a spell you can neither inflict Bleed nor trigger the Holy Relic.

If you don't like Charged Dash's feel, you can substitute in Blade Flurry for the same functionality, sans teleportation. I do highly recommend getting used to Charged Dash, though, as its utility and clear speed are worth the initial discomfort. You won't have to go all the way around cliffs or gaps, just dash over them. You can avoid dangers like the lightning walls in the Minotaur fight. You continue moving forward through your illusion while casting Ball Lightning, so you don't fall behind whenever you cast. I didn't like it at first either, but let me tell you it makes a huge difference once you overcome that mental hurdle.

If you want to stick to a spell, I suggest trying Blight for its 80% slow utility. Combined with Maim from Zombies and the Agony Crawler, you will inflict over 100% movement slow, stopping monsters in their tracks.

I took a peek at your build. You could slot in a Stone Golem into your weapon to make use of that empty red socket. Right now your Agony Crawler is at 40% reservation with Maim, Added Fire, and Faster Attacks on your weapon. Empower is an additional 1.25 mana multiplier, which would put you at 49.6 reservation. You wouldn't be able to cast Skeletons. You'll eventually want to change your weapon so you can work in Empower. +3 levels is 40% more damage, 40% more life, and 26% more accuracy. Whereas +6 levels, from lvl21 gems and +1 on the weapon, is 100% more damage, 100% more life, and 59% more accuracy. Level stacking gives exponential returns without hurting mana reservation.

When you finally go in the Labyrinth to get your Ascendancy points, if you're level 70+, I highly recommend using the Bloodgrip amulet. It will make traps so much easier.

In any case, I'm glad you're having a blast!
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 31 марта 2019 г., 23:17:23
Thank you for the leveling guide. I wasn't sure which way to turn when I hit branches in the passive tree.

For Act 1, you mentioned getting Practical Application but it isn't highlighted in your passive tree?
"
Hercanic написал:

"
Yloss написал:
I just killed Shaper but died 3 times due to my mistakes (bad positioning/decisions) and tough luck (orb inside Zana shield ..)
Pls consider it was my very first Shaper fight :P
Feeling is that it can be done deathless already with my sub-optimal gear :)
PS: I have the video if anyone is interested

Congrats! I wouldn't mind seeing the video. If you want to hold off adding the fight to the build page, we can wait for you to record a deathless run. =o)

Killed Red Elder again but managed to die once .. sigh.
Need to raise my life pool a bit more .. anyway all xp for next season! ;)
Keep trying them and see if i can kill Elder/Shaper deathless before end of season :P
@ Slicester:
"
Slicester написал:
Thank you for the leveling guide. I wasn't sure which way to turn when I hit branches in the passive tree.

For Act 1, you mentioned getting Practical Application but it isn't highlighted in your passive tree?

I'm delighted it was of use! I still have more to improve in that section, such as explaining which gems are not available to the Witch naturally.

In case you missed it, the "14pt passive tree" is a link, which shows what the passive tree looks like at 14 points (I'll be adding screen snips eventually). The Act 2 tree explanation mentions that "Practical Application" is dropped by that point in favor of other nodes with more strength/dexterity. You do not need to do either of these things if you have enough stats from your gear to get you through.

@ Yloss:
"
Yloss написал:
Killed Red Elder again but managed to die once .. sigh.
Need to raise my life pool a bit more .. anyway all xp for next season! ;)
Keep trying them and see if i can kill Elder/Shaper deathless before end of season :P

You can do it! *cheers*

I have 1k more life than you at the moment. You have 2153 flat life to my 2098, but only 164% to my 218%. So 40% from Belly of the Beast and 14% from Constitution on the passive tree. If I was able to upgrade my helm to at least 100 life, I'd break 7k.

If you're not close to leveling, I'd recommend using a regret orb or respec point to remove a 5 or 6% life node and take Constitution for a net gain.
Последняя редакция: Hercanic. Время: 31 марта 2019 г., 23:16:31
I'm looking at your leveling plan in google docs.

I think I'm at Act 1 - 9, I just finished the prison.

Can you explain what the text means on lines 8/9? I don't understand Zombies - Minion Damange | Holy Relic - SPoK - Minion Damage etc.

I can raise Zombies and Skeletons now, but I'm not sure what/where Smite, Shield Charge, Flame Dash, Melee Splash, Holy Relic, and Spok are.
Love the build :p died at shaper on a fun try but im still underleveled, gonna try again with some more lvls :)
Последняя редакция: Schnubbel_. Время: 13 нояб. 2018 г., 12:32:06
"
Hercanic написал:
"
Yloss написал:
How did you off-colour your Belly ??
It's impossible ...

Vorici off-color method. Use Vorici to set a Belly of the Beast to 2 sockets. Then use his 2-blue color recipe to set those sockets to blue. Now use the 3-socket recipe. The third socket probably came out red or green. If so, set it back to 2 sockets, which will remove only the socket you just added, keeping the first two blue sockets. Go back and forth between setting it to 3 and 2 sockets until the third socket is blue. Do the same for the fourth socket, alternating between 4 and 3 sockets until the fourth is blue. The fifth socket, when it starts to get more expensive, is a much easier green. Do the same process as before until you have a green socket. Finally, the same for the sixth socket. Now you have a 4B2G off-colored Belly for <1k jewelers, depending on luck.

By the way, my Belly is item level 49, yet six sockets can only roll on ilevel 50+. Vorici works regardless of item level.

Can't believe it ... as six socket got Blue (!) Red and again Blue (!)
Almost used 2k Jews and now broken .. just my luck lol

Edit: Bought 2200 more jews ... nothing, again Red and Blues lol
Последняя редакция: Yloss. Время: 13 нояб. 2018 г., 14:04:29
I know my minions are the primary source of my damage but does it matter much what my primary spell damage is in the beginning?

I have spells for Fire, Cold, Arc Lightening, and Contagion

I really prefer using Contagion because I put a DOT on a group of monsters and then kite around while my minions finish them off. I don't need to stop and target something to throw a fireball at it or whatever.

And I'm wondering too if it's ok to experiment with some of the currency that modifies your items now or wait until later when I get better gear? A kind traveler gifted me with some items when I was starting. You can see my current equipment here: http://poe-profile.info/profile/slicester/Dalofry

Thanks!

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация