[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

@V400KG: Sorry I don't play the build anymore, I stopped pretty much with the gear that I posted since I didn't feel like I needed any more. Just swap out Carcass for Loreweave and it should be fine.

Currently working on new builds, I like to play a ton of different stuff during a league, I consider this one finished. It is capable of all content in the game with (Uber) Atziri being an exception probably since you can't tell Winter Orb which clone to shoot, so the reflect clone would kill you in that phase.

@Bademan: Herald of Ice curses the enemies with Warlord's Mark, so it's cool as long as it can curse enemies. It won't work when facing bosses like Shaper, since there are phases without adds making HOI unable to hit any enemies (you can check Wiki to see how exactly HOI operates, but tl;dr: It cannot hit and therefore curse single enemies). So you lack the leech when it is most important, during endgame boss fights. If you feel like you don't need it anyway, you can of course ditch it.

This is my equipment now:

I'm using 2 wands because I can't afford a 6-link staff. I mean, I have one but with 6 sockets, I'm trying to link it. What should I upgrade now? (I have 1 ex)
"
nico5051 написал:

I'm using 2 wands because I can't afford a 6-link staff. I mean, I have one but with 6 sockets, I'm trying to link it. What should I upgrade now? (I have 1 ex)

I highly recommend (1) buying a PCoC shaped staff, and (2) replacing the Assassin's Mark ring with Warlord's Mark, it dramatically helps survivability.

I have been using dual Divinarius until today when I spent a little over an ex on a PCoC staff, and the difference is much more dramatic than I was expecting. I see now why the build "requires" a staff for maximum effect.
IGN: Zergtrap
"
muskart написал:
"
nico5051 написал:

I highly recommend (1) buying a PCoC shaped staff, and (2) replacing the Assassin's Mark ring with Warlord's Mark, it dramatically helps survivability.

I have been using dual Divinarius until today when I spent a little over an ex on a PCoC staff, and the difference is much more dramatic than I was expecting. I see now why the build "requires" a staff for maximum effect.

I can't actually find on the trade site a staff with PCoC and 6 links worth 1 ex :( I have 1 but I'm trying to 6L it.
Well I am going to just fully follow this guide for one witch. There's some average staffs for 1ex with no socs/links, it seems that it's a very pricey venture to link it up so I will stick with div+spirit shield with pcoc gem in tabula until something realistic comes. I have the worst luck even 5linking items let alone 6.

If it doesn't work out playing with div+shield then so be it, I am still having fun leveling and will try maps later today.

I am like you, at around 85 and red maps I need to just start something new. I know leveling so many builds is a massive currency loss but that's half the enjoyment. I am sure if this build lasts to near 90 I will be planning my next build to level.

"
DixonBush написал:
Sweet. Been looking for a build that would best utilize the staff I crafted.

This build seem like it could go full endgame?

When I saw your staff I was: "What the hell, how is this possible". That's a Godmode staff lol.
Последняя редакция: poeGT. Время: 20 дек. 2018 г., 1:08:08
Could someone take a look at my gear and tell me what to upgrade? PCoC staff seems super expensive to 6 link atm and only sitting on about 2ex.
Downed uber elder, swapped to elemental focus, was still pretty close. GG :)
Interesting guide!

I've been having a hard time finding a winter orb build that suits my needs as a player in this game.

As i couldn't find it, i took what i interpreted as the best winter orb build out there (compliment given), and used it as inspiration for my own personal take on it.

I converted your build to a non crit version with EO, made room for a QOTF (Which i funnily enough 6linked in 2 fuses and corrupted to 6 whites lol), i've found a decent 90% spell damage shield and thinking of using Shade of Solaris.

Sitting at 200%+ movement speed, 80k pure winter orb shaper dps at 7 projectiles.
and with a CWC Icespear in the mix, its 50k winter orb and 300k ice spear shaper dps. (all of this is without Elementalist configs ticked on)
4.3k HP with a almost perfect MoM ratio at 1941 unreserved mana.
40% attack dodge, 45% spell dodge, Perma blind

This is looking to be a fun iteration.

I have a question though, what is the reason you decided on Arctic breath in the spell totem and not Vortex? as an elementalist id assume there would be much more of an area covered by vortex and thus in return provides a more consistent dmg bonus from Bonechill?

Also, why no Dying Sun instead of Wise Oak?

Gonna post here how the build is turning out.

I have fun ideas with a Grelwood Shank + Beltimber blade aswell if i can warrent the dmg loss in favor of 4 extra projectiles.
Последняя редакция: Yunojelly. Время: 20 дек. 2018 г., 7:14:08
why dont use triple herald + acro/phase acro instead MoM?
Последняя редакция: jabeleta. Время: 20 дек. 2018 г., 8:31:36
Any input: I was messing about to see how I could still have phase without being too gimped.

I came up with a different take on your phase variation:
Level 93: Phase/Acro/MoM

What do you think? I play HC, would use this to farm red maps when I am bored of farming on melee.

You have the option to take heartseeker/throat seeker later. You do lose out on 2 jewel sockets which you could take instead and you will lose out on the extra power node. I also cut back on two 5% HP nodes that are after discipline and training and cruel preparation.

Would sniper be worth it for 2 points on either planner? I had one weapon for a bit with 20% projectile and it was very noticeable the speed. I am assuming the projectile damage doesn't apply.

The 7 points to get Exceptional Performance to be thrown into hearth or throat and a jewel sock is tempting but I think the QoL would outweigh that.

I am loving the build so far, just stuck where I should go for the last 15 levels or so. Do you think my slight variation is worth it for HC?

I am curious as well about the question above me asking about triple herald over this. Is that more for the non crit version or does that not matter?

Последняя редакция: poeGT. Время: 20 дек. 2018 г., 10:37:06

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация