[3.5] Storm Brand Elementalist | Budget Viable | Speed Clear

I'm trying to follow this build, but I have a few problems I'm hoping to get feedback on..

First of all, Let me just say that I'm not too concerned about freezing enemies.

So the problem is I've got 75 dex, 182 str. Is it necessary that I run *added cold damage* and *hypothermia*? Could I run *added fire damage* and *immolate* to instead have a similar amount of damage?

My concern is that I don't think I want to gear for dex and cold if I can simply run fire and str instead.

Thanks for any answers.
"
coaa написал:
"
reciprocate написал:
"
Zein51 написал:
Thanks for the guide !

In the 6L of Storm Brand, is there a reason to use Added Cold Damage over Increased Critical Damage ? Since it's a heavy crit build.

Wondering about that myself, due to the 35% damage effectiveness even with the high amount of average damage added cold provides instead over added lightning. It doesn't seem all that great, better off with other choices imo. Maybe a greater chance of chilling and freezing mobs? Which shouldn't be necessary all that much as elementalist with herald of ice and chilling conflux effect of Shaper of Desolation ascendancy.

"
I got SUPER lucky with this, but my leather belt dropped from a syndicate safe house chest. Not only great roll on life and resist, but it also has aspect of the spider. This helps more with survival but also gives you a flat MORE buff which helps with single target. I'm not 100% sure if this is better to use over a nice roll stygian with a nice jewel in it instead. So far, it FEELS stronger though.

Is it really a More multiplier. Just 3 stacks of Increased as looking thru the wiki of what Aspect of the Spider does since it pretty much applies a hinder effect. Or maybe it works similar to how Yoke of Suffering does where it may say or imply increased damage, but acts as a More multiplier due to stacking. And a person doesn't need to get that aspect of a spider mod on their belt necessarily, can try to get it on various equippable slots such as rings, shields, amulets, body armor, etc. But something to look out for.

I have to look into it more for aspect of the spider. I could have sworn a few streamers were saying it's a more multiplier. I notice them trying to get it on something if they have the mana to spare in reserve. It is nice for defense so far though...if anything survives that is.

I'm not positive on the cold damage gem. I think it's to ensure we shatter or at least freeze stuff that doesn't shatter. I noticed a big difference before I didn't have currency for life + cold + lightning dmg jewels and was only stacking life + lightning ones. Once I filled them all in with cold as well even high red maps I was easily shattering and freezing everything.

My guess with the cold damage is that it the more cold damage is in the skill, higher chance of the ailment especially with crits and elementalist. So freezing happens far more often with a better ratio of cold damage vs. lightning in this case.
"
Ringcycle написал:
I'm trying to follow this build, but I have a few problems I'm hoping to get feedback on..

First of all, Let me just say that I'm not too concerned about freezing enemies.

So the problem is I've got 75 dex, 182 str. Is it necessary that I run *added cold damage* and *hypothermia*? Could I run *added fire damage* and *immolate* to instead have a similar amount of damage?

My concern is that I don't think I want to gear for dex and cold if I can simply run fire and str instead.

Thanks for any answers.

Added Fire is a complete waste of a slot. Go read the tooltip of what it does again and you'll know why. Immolate may be a slighter better choice than added fire in terms of usefulness here, but in the end it's still a substantial DPS loss compared to the likes of Added Cold and Hypothermia. Immolate could be useful in an Armageddon Brand build, but almost worthless in a Storm Brand one. Just try to get more dex on your gear or allocate the +30 dex nodes around witch/templar if need be.
Could someone maybee take a look at my gear and recommend what to upgrade next, ive got about 4ex rn but idk what i should improve, ive been looking for a better weapon but most things i find on trade are a dps loss in pob
"
Could someone maybee take a look at my gear and recommend what to upgrade next, ive got about 4ex rn but idk what i should improve, ive been looking for a better weapon but most things i find on trade are a dps loss in pob

You have an awesome amulet and weapon. Doubt you could find a better weapon unless it's worth lots of Exalted imo, it actually motivated me to find a similar weapon with those types of mods myself, but couldn't find one that works with shield charge (melee, so got stuck with purchasing a wand version). You could try to upgrade your gloves to something else if you want, shaped gloves with socketed to faster casting so you get a global bonus casting speed. Could also try to upgrade your diamond ring if need be with some other stats too, but I really wouldn't know what you'd want or need.
"
reciprocate написал:
"

You have an awesome amulet and weapon. Doubt you could find a better weapon unless it's worth lots of Exalted imo, it actually motivated me to find a similar weapon with those types of mods myself, but couldn't find one that works with shield charge (melee, so got stuck with purchasing a wand version). You could try to upgrade your gloves to something else if you want, shaped gloves with socketed to faster casting so you get a global bonus casting speed. Could also try to upgrade your diamond ring if need be with some other stats too, but I really wouldn't know what you'd want or need.

Thanks for the info ill work on those ive been looking for a faster casting pair of gloves but havent found any with the res i need but ill work on it or maybe a enchanted helm although i like my current helm as well. And yeah the weapons pretty great, found it on trade last week for 70c and it gave better dps than the ones people wanted 5ex for so id say it was a good buy
Looking for some advice on what to upgrade next if anyone could give me some tips.

Последняя редакция: Trolldeg. Время: 29 дек. 2018 г., 13:28:54
[Removed by Support]
Последняя редакция: Blank_GGG. Время: 29 дек. 2018 г., 14:52:37
Edit: Previous comments answered
Последняя редакция: Ellipsist. Время: 30 дек. 2018 г., 1:34:26
"
Annarasumanara написал:
I wanna test ES version =) Could you give me pastebin?)

Since I've basically abandoned my elementalist and Norse doesn't play this league anymore, I've decided to post the pastebin of what I had planned tree wise for CI version to let you guys kinda have a base and see what you come up with. (to clarify, this has not been tested)

https://pastebin.com/rZY1EsVN

Последняя редакция: free_creampie. Время: 4 янв. 2019 г., 1:05:56

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация