[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

Hey,

thanks for the build! Love playing it so far.

One question tho - can someone maybe check my setup and tell me if I can get any more defenses? I often get oneshot from metamorph bosses, or even from large mob packs - especially from non-physical damage.

My PoB - https://pastebin.com/KQeq1BLf

Also - can i get any more movementspeed during cyclone besides from devoto's?

Thanks Guys! :D

Edit: PoB Update
Последняя редакция: Schokoholzi. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 4:57:22
Hi i have cyclone linked with poison, herald od agony active and 15%chance to poison on jewels but my cyclone tooltip shows 60 % chance to poison only. Is this normal?
I wanna respec my summoner into HoA , how well the build fair in mapping and bossing in the current league , especialy vs those hard bosses ? If someone tried it .
Since we're using tombsfist, what do you guys think about slotting in a 'X% chance to blind enemies on hit with attacks' jewel? If you're using cyclone, it should proc pretty easily right?
First of all, I'd like to say from the point I rerolled into this character it just clicked. Mixing up the summoner playstyle with rushing into mobs is really fun and engaging. Big up for making the guide :).

With the 3.9 expansion, there have been new mods added to item, such as the hunter mod: +1 to level of all Chaos gems for amulets. Does Herald of Agony actually benefit from gem level 32? I read somewhere that level 31 is a break point for attack speed per virulence.
If i get 2 - mana cost rings will cyclone be free to channel?
"
Str0ng написал:

Yes, a cyclone 20/20 gem costs 2 mana. Just 1 will be enough. Make sure it says 'channeling skills'.
Последняя редакция: IVIax_Hit. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 7:06:34
"
Morkonan написал:
Question: Would running a five-link off-chest instead of at least a four-link Calamity be fine for low-level mapping? (ie: For low maps, take advantage of the stat and link benefits if needed? Tabula or no?)

I mean, this isn't a SSF build and 5L coming calamity is like 33c right now, you should be able to afford it ~instantly? Just with chaos recipe it's like an hour of t1 map farming.

The thing about Tabula is that you destroy your reservation pool. People that run chests other than The Coming Calamity also have reservation reducers (enchant, ring, passive tree).

"
Schokoholzi написал:
Hey,

thanks for the build! Love playing it so far.

One question tho - can someone maybe check my setup and tell me if I can get any more defenses? I often get oneshot from metamorph bosses, or even from large mob packs - especially from non-physical damage.

My PoB - https://pastebin.com/KQeq1BLf

Also - can i get any more movementspeed during cyclone besides from devoto's?

Thanks Guys! :D

Edit: PoB Update

For tankiness, more life on gear, and once you unlock them, minimum endurance charges on your jewellery (you'll need open suffixes). You current have a 15% damage craft on one of your rings which does nothing for your agony crawler. You also underestimate the priority of Soul of Steel.

"
Str0ng написал:
Hi i have cyclone linked with poison, herald od agony active and 15%chance to poison on jewels but my cyclone tooltip shows 60 % chance to poison only. Is this normal?

The tooltip is irrelevant. You can only see your true chance to poison on hit by viewing Cyclone in the character screen.

"
BlackFlame написал:
I wanna respec my summoner into HoA , how well the build fair in mapping and bossing in the current league , especialy vs those hard bosses ? If someone tried it .

People playing the build this league have reported it working as well as I expected :)

"
lightcaster08 написал:
Since we're using tombsfist, what do you guys think about slotting in a 'X% chance to blind enemies on hit with attacks' jewel? If you're using cyclone, it should proc pretty easily right?

Yeah, at the very least it should proc against bosses (relevant for attack-based bosses) and some percentage of each mob. Not sure how big a difference it'll make in practice since everything dies quickly (enfeeble is awesome because you only need one hit per mob to guarantee it). But it'll definitely make some difference.

"
IVIax_Hit написал:
First of all, I'd like to say from the point I rerolled into this character it just clicked. Mixing up the summoner playstyle with rushing into mobs is really fun and engaging. Big up for making the guide :).

With the 3.9 expansion, there have been new mods added to item, such as the hunter mod: +1 to level of all Chaos gems for amulets. Does Herald of Agony actually benefit from gem level 32? I read somewhere that level 31 is a break point for attack speed per virulence.

So, level 31 is something of an ultimate breakpoint, in that it's the only level in which %increased damage and %increased attack speed per virulence both go up in the same level.

However, one thing that goes up every single level is Added Physical Damage Per Virulence. A gem level will never be less than 6% more damage, for this reason. So yeah, we currently had no offensive amulet stats, so adding one is a strict buff as long as you're not sacrificing defenses (so if this is a prefix, it's absolutely perfect).

And hey, if you can reach level 34 this league (without empower, this build is designed for empower to not be worth it), you'll hit a minor breakpoint, where increased damage per virulence goes from 16% to 17% :) (you will never go from 5% attack speed to 6)

"
IVIax_Hit написал:
"
Str0ng написал:

Yes, a cyclone 20/20 gem costs 2 mana. Just 1 will be enough. Make sure it says 'channeling skills'.

So, guys, there are these things called support gems. They have these things called mana multipliers. Those multipliers affect the amount of mana you spend to use your skills.

Elreon crafts only modify the final value, not the initial value.

My standard 4L cyclone setup takes 5 mana iirc. So a single -2 craft brings you to 3 mana. My build has the sustain for that, but in -regen red maps it runs out quickly. You'll either need to invest in mana gained on hit, or a -3 craft, in order to sustain mana in those maps.
Последняя редакция: codetaku. Время: 23 дек. 2019 г., 7:24:59
"
codetaku написал:
"
Morkonan написал:
Question: Would running a five-link off-chest instead of at least a four-link Calamity be fine for low-level mapping? (ie: For low maps, take advantage of the stat and link benefits if needed? Tabula or no?)

I mean, this isn't a SSF build and 5L coming calamity is like 33c right now, you should be able to afford it ~instantly? Just with chaos recipe it's like an hour of t1 map farming.

That's why I put in "of the unwashed masses of XBox players." :)

The economy... is harsh. And, because the population is much lower, the supply is much more stressed. The "chase item" economy for popular builds is entirely controlled by "Price Fixers." That's something you, being a PC Player, rarely encounter but aren't forced to deal with as severely as console players. Because of our particular trading system, which PC Players want, but have no idea how rough it is, we're "locked into" an economy very much controlled by price fixers until the late-early season, sometimes into the mid-season for certain items.

There are no five or six links currently available. The last I saw was a six-link selling at 30 Ex... Yes, you read that correctly - 30 Exualted Orbs. No, it won't sell for that. I expect a six-link to be worth, by the last month on console to still be worth quite a darn slice of that price, though.

Delving is broken atm on console - ANY Dynamite use causes an insta-crash. Yay? /sigh I'm experimenting. It could be caused by the mechanics they use to reassign Flare/Dynamite controller commands.

Console is not necessarily my first choice for gaming/PoE, but some old friends, now in far-flung locations, play it on console so.. you do what you have to do in order to play with friends, right? ;)

"
The thing about Tabula is that you destroy your reservation pool. People that run chests other than The Coming Calamity also have reservation reducers (enchant, ring, passive tree).

Yeah, it's not a good choice. I was just trying to mind-fart a quick solution in case I needed one. "We" don't. At least not for early maps. A basic setup that isn't even fine-tuned will work.

Of note: There are gem affixes that can help, too. +.xx damage as mana can give decent returns even though we're not heavy hitters. Combined with +attack speed, +mana on hit, etc.. It can be effective sustain. Though, if one is a heavy movement spell user, that can be problematic. There's some "%reduced mana cost" affixes for gems as well. With a gemslot heavy build like this, there's no reason not to try to take care of as much as possible while still stacking +chance to poison.

(PS - I played a very low mana-reserve Cyclone build as an Alt last season. Was fun, but the creator wasn't thinking too clearly and missed some critical changes. Even so, there's a bunch of ideas that could help there. Will apply and report if they "work" or not as easy solutions to people's issues if they have any. :))
Should we focus on getting more chaos resistance with this build?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация